Options

Sky EPG Incorrect Listings On H2 Channel showing as HD

fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,505
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Many shows keep saying HD on H2 channel 531 which is not HD in the EPG.
They should fix this as its misleading. :(

Comments

• Options
    RacketRacket Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Many shows keep saying HD on H2 channel 531 which is not HD in the EPG.
    They should fix this as its misleading. :(

I know that when H2 launched it had this issue, has it restarted again recently or was it never fixed in the first place?
  • Options
    mrMickmrMick Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as i can tell it's always been like that.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its even more of a pain now the planner marks HD. Ive turned the option off cause my planner was basically yellow.
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Been that way for a while.
    If only they launched H2 HD
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Been that way for a while.
    If only they launched H2 HD

I agree H2 HD would be good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why won't any one at Sky fix this as its a bit annoying do they even know?
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why won't any one at Sky fix this as its a bit annoying do they even know?

not for sky to fix.
    the epg data is supplied by the channel themselves.
    it is them that is flagging the content as HD.

why not contact H2 (or History channel) and let them know.
  • Options
    Young TurksYoung Turks Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    History HD is fully of cheap reality shows that has nothing to do with History, however, H2 has some interesting shows that only broadcast in SD! Very poor from History and Sky, H2 should be in HD and History HD should show what it used to show, History shows not cheap reality shows.

Same with Discovery full of cheap reality shows that actually devalue documentary package overall.
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    History HD is fully of cheap reality shows that has nothing to do with History, however, H2 has some interesting shows that only broadcast in SD! Very poor from History and Sky, H2 should be in HD and History HD should show what it used to show, History shows not cheap reality shows.

Same with Discovery full of cheap reality shows that actually devalue documentary package overall.

How is it poor from Sky, they do not provide the channel, and i don't think they are allowed to demand that a channel go HD.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    not for sky to fix.
    the epg data is supplied by the channel themselves.
    it is them that is flagging the content as HD.

why not contact H2 (or History channel) and let them know.

People buy the channel from Sky so if there is something wrong they should contact Sky. If you buy a can of Heinz baked beans from Tesco and it is off you complain to Tesco not Heinz.

Sky are taking money from you to provide this service so it is their responsibility.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    If people buy the channel from Sky then if there is something wrong they should contact Sky. If you buy a can of Heinz baked beans from Tesco and it is off you complain to Tesco not Heinz.

that's not a like-for-like comparison.
    you're not "buying the channel" from sky.

however, to humour you, if you buy a tin of heins beans and there is a thumb inside the tin then it's heinz that have the problem, not tesco.

here, i've even posted the contact details for you.
    http://www.history.co.uk/content/contact-us
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that's not a like-for-like comparison.
    you're not "buying the channel" from sky.

So you give the money to H2 for the service rather than Sky? How do you manage that? I only ever had an account with Sky - actually I do still for a few more days and I get H2 without giving them any money directly.
    however, to humour you, if you buy a tin of heins beans and there is a thumb inside the tin then it's heinz that have the problem, not tesco.

No your legal contact is with the person who you purchased the goods which is Tesco not Heinz. Of course Heinz would be horrified and it would be a good idea to contact them for compensation but your legal rights are with Tesco.
    here, i've even posted the contact details for you.
    http://www.history.co.uk/content/contact-us

Of course you can contact them as you can with any company but your legal rights are with the company you bought from which is Sky. Many retailers try to absolve themselves of responsibility and pass you on to manufacturers but that is not what the law says is correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you give the money to H2 for the service rather than Sky? How do you manage that? I only ever had an account with Sky - actually I do still for a few more days and I get H2 without giving them any money directly.

you're not "buying" it.
    that really went way over your head didn't it?
    No your legal contact is with the person who you purchased the goods which is Tesco not Heinz. Of course Heinz would be horrified and it would be a good idea to contact them for compensation but your legal rights are with Tesco.

again... whoosh!!!
    Of course you can contact them as you can with any company but your legal rights are with the company you bought from which is Sky. Many retailers try to absolve themselves of responsibility and pass you on to manufacturers but that is not what the law says is correct.

so you're going to choose to ignore the direct method and most likely the easiest and quickest way to contact someone to report an issue and go down the line of legal rights which is more convoluted for you?

all sky will do is pass on your details to H2, and thus most likely get lost in the process. sky cannot resolve the issue as all they do is provide the platform for the channels to update with their own data.

but hey, you do whatever makes you feel better.
    i've seen the other posts you've made over the past days (ITV 2,3,4 HD for example), so can clearly see your agenda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you're not "buying" it.
    that really went way over your head didn't it?

I pay money to Sky and as a result get the H2 service with PVR functionality, how is that not "buying" it.
    so you're going to choose to ignore the direct method and most likely the easiest and quickest way to contact someone to report an issue and go down the line of legal rights which is more convoluted for you?

Going directly to the supplier may be the best method. However your legal rights as a consumer are with the company you bought the product from and they cannot renege on their responsibility. It may even be that a barrage of complaints to Sky and then Sky putting pressure on the company will be more effective, it all depends on the circumstances.
    all sky will do is pass on your details to H2, and thus most likely get lost in the process. sky cannot resolve the issue as all they do is provide the platform for the channels to update with their own data.

Sky take money to provide this service. They should be made to work for what they charge for.
    but hey, you do whatever makes you feel better.

I don't intend to do anything, even as a Sky subscriber I never watched this channel and don't care anything about it. I was merely pointing out that Sky cannot legally wash their hands and say it's someone else's responsibility.
    i've seen the other posts you've made over the past days (ITV 2,3,4 HD for example), so can clearly see your agenda.

I have no agenda, I can see both good and bad about Sky. You on the other hand are very much a Sky apologist whatever they do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky do not take money from you to provide the EPG. They charge the broadcaster.

If there is a problem, you contact the broadcaster, thats how it works.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So a few months on and this still happening.
    Has any one told them the listings are still incorrect?
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

more like a year on and its still not right Im sure this channel started last year!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The contact details were in this thread, what response did you get when you advised them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe try bumping thread and someone at sky or H2 will see it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You clearly asked if anyone had told them, why can't you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yeah cause they read these forums. Just email them!
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member

Not much point now anyway, as the content has gone downhill.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not as Wednesday listings are showing as HD again.