The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 20)

Comments

• rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    BIB Grrrr I know! I rose to that bait as I'm getting slightly fed up of their support team/network not supporting them. :p However, it was probably an over-reaction and perhaps I need a thicker skin. It's just the constant chip chip effect occasionally wears you down.

If we feel like this, I can't imagine how downhearted it much make the boys feel...especially when they try so hard and are so positive :(
    flowerduck wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: Speechleess

(just watched the Vid - can't say I remembered any of the song :eek::D)

My Goodness :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could be I'm a Celebrity :eek: Sometimes I think its a good idea as its a prime time show, with high audience figures and could take them to another level. Others I think eek they'll get picked for all the trials (which might show them off in a good light) and its another popularity contest/voting show. On balance I hope its not that and is another vehicle for them - preferably for their comedy.
    But "I'm a celebrity" is usually in December right? Could they fit it in their schedule having the panto?

Edited to add this analysis about the countries in the twins' semi and how "Irish-friendly" they are http://twitpic.com/9g1vov/full
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But "I'm a celebrity" is usually in December right? Could they fit it in their schedule having the panto?

I think it was the UK tour that prevented them last time, so it might depend when (If) that's arranged. Don't think panto was affected, although it might reduce their rehearsal time. Secretly hoping it will. :D
  • flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Edited to add this analysis about the countries in the twins' semi and how "Irish-friendly" they are http://twitpic.com/9g1vov/full

It makes for a bit scary reading....:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerduck wrote: »
    It makes for a bit scary reading....:eek:

On the plus side, I don't think past voting-patterns really apply here.

The only European country with ongoing political/demographic reasons to award Ireland a lot of points is the UK. In all other cases, I think it just comes down to the music and the act from year to year. Jedward are a big departure from the sort of music and the sort of act we've sent before, so (hopefully!) these sort of past statistics aren't any guide to what might happen this year.
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    I'm glad to hear that :)

I'm trying to be more postive too ...(although a certaum PR persons tweets has got me worrying now :rolleyes: ) But I know whatever happens the boys will put on a great show and pick up more fans, and ultimately, thats the point of the whole thing :)
    BIB Grrrr I know! I rose to that bait as I'm getting slightly fed up of their support team/network not supporting them. :p However, it was probably an over-reaction and perhaps I need a thicker skin. It's just the constant chip chip effect occasionally wears you down.

Lol! Their opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. You can always unfollow...;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re the voting patterns - I do think some countries (such as Ireland, and the UK come to that) are at a disadvantage in that they don't have many geographical/cultural allies who'll vote for them regardless. But a good song will transcend all that, and that's what they need to do this year, if they are to do well they need to be picking up some points, no matter how few, from eastern and southern Europe.

Re Celeb: I'm really unsure about that. But, then, I was unsure about CBB, so what do I know?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    Lol! Their opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. You can always unfollow...;)

Normally I would...but this particular person is meant to be the PR person FOR the boys :eek: but never mind....I shall try and ignore it ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    Normally I would...but this particular person is meant to be the PR person FOR the boys :eek: but never mind....I shall try and ignore it ;)

Yep....I knew who you were talking about...just ignore the negativity as best you can :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    Yep....I knew who you were talking about...just ignore the negativity as best you can :)

Thats my new plan ...I'm going concentrate on the amazing performance I know the twins are going to give :)
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RTÉ's head of delegation Julian Vignoles tells Eurovision Ireland that Jedward's stage show is 'HUGE' and they're willing and able to host the contest next year :)

Bring it on baby, bring it on :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    RTÉ's head of delegation Julian Vignoles tells Eurovision Ireland that Jedward's stage show is 'HUGE' and they're willing and able to host the contest next year :)

Bring it on baby, bring it on :D

oooohhhhh..... yeahhhhhh... looks like the gauntlet has been thrown... You get in there, J&E!... woo-hoo!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    oooohhhhh..... yeahhhhhh... looks like the gauntlet has been thrown... You get in there, J&E!... woo-hoo!!!!

Julian drops a little hint about there being lots of "running water", but we knew that already :D

I'm looking forward to this interview.....apparently it will be uploaded to Youtube :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julian drops a little hint about there being lots of "running water", but we knew that already :D

I'm looking forward to this interview.....apparently it will be uploaded to Youtube :)
    Great :) thanks for the info.

Guys, could you vote for Ireland here? It's for a Spanish poll. You can vote once from each of your browsers
    http://www.google.com/reviews/polls/display/8659396737746440843/blogger_template/vote?purl=eurovisionnocheydia.blogspot.com.es&chrtclr=%23daa507&lnkclr=%23daa507&txtclr=%233a506a&font=normal+normal+13px+Vollkorn&hideq=true&u_h=1050&u_w=1680&u_cd=32&u_java=true&u_tz=120&u_p=done
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love how Ireland is going for it this year... there was sooooo much 'I don't know if" and 'what if' last year....

Bring that trophy home, boys.... bring it home!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I might recommend for their EV performance is to stop miming each other's solos... just sing your part and let everyone see who is singing what. I've always thought the miming was so weird.
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The 2011 series ran from 14 November to 3 December - plenty of time to fit in panto rehearsals! :D
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silverhand wrote: »
    On the plus side, I don't think past voting-patterns really apply here.

Exactly. That article doesn't really take into account J&E's growing fan base in Europe. For example, the article notes that based on past experience, Russia isn't likely to give Ireland any points. However, there seems to be a strong, staunch Jedward fandom in Russia, so I wouldn't be surprised if Russia did end up giving Ireland some points this time around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. That article doesn't really take into account J&E's growing fan base in Europe. For example, the article notes that based on past experience, Russia isn't likely to give Ireland any points. However, there seems to be a strong, staunch Jedward fandom in Russia, so I wouldn't be surprised if Russia did end up giving Ireland some points this time around.

There are quite a few countries who awarded Ireland zero last year, where the twins now seem to have a decent fanbase : Russia, Estonia, Lithuania and Slovenia for starters. It'll be very interesting to see how many points they get from those countries.
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    please compare the sound of http://t.co/7WQt629U Waterline 1st Rehearsal in February to http://youtu.be/Ni133caQ9Dw Jedward RTE Eurosong.Is it just me who thinks that they sounded(I don´t know if this is the right word, poor english) much better in their rehearsals? I think this proofs that the RTE sound was really bad
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    please compare the sound of http://t.co/7WQt629U Waterline 1st Rehearsal in February to http://youtu.be/Ni133caQ9Dw Jedward RTE Eurosong.Is it just me who thinks that they sounded(I don´t know if this is the right word, poor english) much better in their rehearsals? I think this proofs that the RTE sound was really bad

I agree. I thought this rehearsal was fantastic and the sound was so much better. This looks good for EV I think. Fingers crossed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    One thing I might recommend for their EV performance is to stop miming each other's solos... just sing your part and let everyone see who is singing what. I've always thought the miming was so weird.

That might be to help them stay in time....and make sure they come in at the right places...my daughter sings and often mouths the other part during a duet to keep pace..thought not quite as obviously as J&E do it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I thought this rehearsal was fantastic and the sound was so much better. This looks good for EV I think. Fingers crossed.

They sounded brilliant...I'm very excited now..I can see a lot of people eating their words
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree, it was the best performance I've heard. But it seemed to be the echoey (is that a word?) accoustics in that rehearsal room that made it sound so good.

I don't know much about these things - will they be able to make it sound like that in Baku?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no1clothes wrote: »
    I agree, it was the best performance I've heard. But it seemed to be the echoey (is that a word?) accoustics in that rehearsal room that made it sound so good.

I don't know much about these things - will they be able to make it sound like that in Baku?

Apparently the accousitics in the RTE studio are awful..so as this chrystal dome place is being build especially for music ...you would hope they would be spot on, although you can never tell

But I suppose the good thing is that all acts would be under the same advantage/disadvantage accoustics wise
This discussion has been closed.