Options

Sky go for PS3

khampsonkhampson Posts: 272
Forum Member
Hi on 1st of may sky announced that sky go was coming to ps3, can anyone tell me when the service will be available on ps3?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some point in the Summer.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... and you'll need Sky Go Extra (£5 per month, or free if you have Multiscreen).
  • Options
    khampsonkhampson Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    So a standard sky go account will not let you watch in you need an extra account?
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    About time, good news.. or not? Hmmm let's see I have a Sky+HD box attached to the same TV that the PS3 is attached to, so why on earth is it necessary to pay £5 extra for Sky Go Extra.

Who IS it useful for and why would they be motivated to pay an extra £5 a month to get less Sky channels on a TV? which is what PS3's are usually connected to, when it would be much better in terms of value to pay for the full multiroom and get a proper selection of channels.
    Useful as a cheap way of getting multiroom for some teenagers bedrooms with far less of the channels that they would get if it was a proper extra Sky box, also doesn't seem that much worth it.
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    khampson wrote: »
    So a standard sky go account will not let you watch in you need an extra account?

A bit mean certainly, do they think it could be used as a substitute for multiroom.
  • Options
    NathDoggNathDogg Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I use sky go on the xbox 360. My account is just standard sky go, no £5 a month extra. I would think the same would apply to the PS3, it would become one of your two "paired" devices.
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    NathDogg wrote: »
    I use sky go on the xbox 360. My account is just standard sky go, no £5 a month extra. I would think the same would apply to the PS3, it would become one of your two "paired" devices.

Sky has publically said it will be removing access to Sky Go on consoles unless users have multiscreen or Sky Go Extra.

It might be enabled now, but over the coming weeks the service will be removed unless you have the aforementioned.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No Sky are going to make people subscribe to Skygo extra to use Skygo on a games console soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aye Up wrote: »
    Sky has publically said it will be removing access to Sky Go on consoles unless users have multiscreen or Sky Go Extra.

It might be enabled now, but over the coming weeks the service will be removed unless you have the aforementioned.

Oh right I wasn't aware that they had plans to change this. Thank you for informing me.

Well that's a bit of a bummer then as I use sky go quite a lot on the xbox. I certainly won't be paying £5/month to continue though.

I would be interested to see if they will offer HD content on sky go now that they plan to charge. At the moment services like netflix really put sky go to shame.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The new arrangement comes into force on July 29th You will lose Sky Go then unless you upgrade to Extra or Multiscreen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The new arrangement comes into force on July 29th You will lose Sky Go then unless you upgrade to Extra or Multiscreen.

As of today I still have full access to sky go on the xbox 360.

I haven't paid for extra and have never had multiscreen.

Hopefully this may mean that sky have decided against extorting their customers further, although very unlikely. It's not like sky to "forget" to turn a customers service off on a cut off date though.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As of today I still have full access to sky go on the xbox 360.

I haven't paid for extra and have never had multiscreen.

Hopefully this may mean that sky have decided against extorting their customers further, although very unlikely. It's not like sky to "forget" to turn a customers service off on a cut off date though.

There seems to be a fair few people on Twitter complaining to Sky that Sky Go on their Xbox 360's has suddenly stopped working (they weren't aware of the changes) so looks like you've had a lucky escape for now.

Example Sky response - "all current and future supported games consoles will be placed under the Sky Go Extra subscription this will mean that from July 29th 2014, all customers will need Sky Go Extra in order to watch Sky Go through a games console. This will also be applied to Playstation 3 and Playstation 4 when this launches on Sky Go Extra in Q2 2015".

Not sure if that last bit's a typo.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There seems to be a fair few people on Twitter complaining to Sky that Sky Go on their Xbox 360's has suddenly stopped working (they weren't aware of the changes) so looks like you've had a lucky escape for now.

Example Sky response - "all current and future supported games consoles will be placed under the Sky Go Extra subscription this will mean that from July 29th 2014, all customers will need Sky Go Extra in order to watch Sky Go through a games console. This will also be applied to Playstation 3 and Playstation 4 when this launches on Sky Go Extra in Q2 2015".

Not sure if that last bit's a typo.....

Seems I may be a lucky one as you say. Still seems strange that some people have had theirs cut off and mine hasn't. I wonder if there are others on here that still have access?

I've also noticed a huge improvement with the picture quality on the sky sports channels. I would even go as far as saying that these are now in HD albeit with quite a bit of compression.

I guess I will just have to sit back and wait for mine to be cut off as well. I can't see sky "forgetting" about me for long.