Options

Shirley and Max

Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why has Shirley never gone for Max? Or Max for Shirley. We know poor Max suffers from sex addiction so why has he not tried it on with her? She's been free and she is turned on by a bald head. And Max has his magic shuffling shoes which attract the ladies.

He prefers them a bit younger but I think he would have a good time with Shirley. She's not in bad shape for her age.:D

Comments

• Options
    ben marshben marsh Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    have shirley and max ever actually had a scene together?
  • Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes when Ian Beale had his breakdown and he was returned home, didn't they have a quick scene involving Phil and Ben Mitchell and Tanya Cross?
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Why has Shirley never gone for Max? Or Max for Shirley. We know poor Max suffers from sex addiction so why has he not tried it on with her? She's been free and she is turned on by a bald head. And Max has his magic shuffling shoes which attract the ladies.

He prefers them a bit younger but I think he would have a good time with Shirley. She's not in bad shape for her age.:D

I think you have answered your own question.

Stacey, Lucy, Summerhayes - he likes the doe-eyed innocent look.
    He'd never go for scrag-end Shirley in a million years no matter how desperate.

And Shirley has eyes for no one else but Phil.
    No matter how abominably he treats her, she still comes back for more, or takes solace in the bottle because she thinks he isn't interested.
    A pathetic doormat to the end.

I fail to see why Linda Henry puts up with these scripts.
  • Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a sex addict, spur of the moment he would have Shirley.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I would like to see Shirley paired with someone other than Phil but, Max? I'm thinking no. Haha :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But an old woman would cause him less grief. And you know some older women are in quite good shape. So I think he should at least consider it.

A sex addict wouldn't care if someone was a scrag end anyway. Its a bit boring seeing him going after all these young women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I would like to see Shirley paired with someone other than Phil but, Max? I'm thinking no. Haha :D

The magic shuffling shoes meet the boots.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The magic shuffling shoes meet the boots.:D

Haaaaaa! That's funny. A match made in shoe heaven! Shirley's boots and Max's magic shuffling shoes -they're staying on.:D

It'll be an online spin off show. Haha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max likes refined middle class women and rough but naïve girls. Tanya was both but Shirley is neither. He also likes to play the knight in shining armour rescuing women and promising them what they crave. He gave the teenage Tanya living on an estate with her drunk mother a comfortable middle class life, Vanessa got sanctuary from her violent husband and lonely Kirsty got a family. While Shirley may be emotionally vulnerable her history of loud confrontations, drunkenness and snarling does not make her an appealing damsel in distress and he lacks the power to solve her problems. Besides, Shirley tries to win Phil's affections by relentlessly pursuing him, coaxing him to confide in her, listening to his problems and being comforting and reassuring. This is what Max does to attract women and he would probably find it unnerving having Shirley use his own techniques on him.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Phil also gave Shirley status - being the partner of resident 'ard man, she could march around the Square in her big boots, sneering and snarling at others and asking 'Do you know who I am?'

She is attracted to what she perceives as Phil's power and influence as much as she is to him - also the seemingly inexhaustible supply of banknotes in the safe that he hasn't bothered to change the combination of since they parted.

This explains her desperation to win him back, even if he does regard her in much the same way as a pet dog.

Basically being Phil's woman made her feel important and invincible. A used car salesman wouldn't give her this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max goes through cycles of being rich then poor. She would like him when he was in one of his rich cycles. She loves money and I think she wouldn't say no if she thought she could get money out of him.

Yes maybe the status isn't there. And yes she isn't a damsel in distress type, but you know when he sees her lying in the gutter looking all sorry for herself, Max could see that as saving Shirley.

I guess if she was muzzled and quietened it might work from for awhile? :D

At least I think she's worthy of someone niceish like Max.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    Phil also gave Shirley status - being the partner of resident 'ard man, she could march around the Square in her big boots, sneering and snarling at others and asking 'Do you know who I am?'

She is attracted to what she perceives as Phil's power and influence as much as she is to him - also the seemingly inexhaustible supply of banknotes in the safe that he hasn't bothered to change the combination of since they parted.

This explains her desperation to win him back, even if he does regard her in much the same way as a pet dog.

Basically being Phil's woman made her feel important and invincible. A used car salesman wouldn't give her this.

This is true of all of his women. They're not with him for his sparkling personality and good looks.:D
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max goes through cycles of being rich then poor. She would like him when he was in one of his rich cycles. She loves money and I think she wouldn't say no if she thought she could get money out of him.

Yes maybe the status isn't there. And yes she isn't a damsel in distress type, but you know when he sees her lying in the gutter looking all sorry for herself, Max could see that as saving Shirley.

I guess if she was muzzled and quietened it might work from for awhile? :D

At least I think she's worthy of someone niceish like Max.
    :o A tad too much information there! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haaaaaa! That's funny. A match made in shoe heaven! Shirley's boots and Max's magic shuffling shoes -they're staying on.:D

It'll be an online spin off show. Haha.

I like it! :D
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's this sex-addict diagnosis come from?

To me he's always just been a randy sod but not actually addicted to sex. I mean, when he hasn't got a regular partner he's not soliciting prostitutes or having one night stands or owt is he?

Anyway, Shirley and Max? Nah. Can't see it myself. Max definitely likes them younger for a start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's always with a woman. He could have had lots of one night stands for all you know off screen.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only if she was gagged and muzzled.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you imagine the response on here if they got together long term? People moaned about the massive Branning clan, people moan about the massive Carter clan - The Carter-Brannings would be a superclan :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it would be nice for Shirley to be paired up with someone nice for a change who isn't Phil, even just for a little bit. But, I'm not sure who I would pick. Any ideas?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be nice for Shirley to be paired up with someone nice for a change who isn't Phil, even just for a little bit. But, I'm not sure who I would pick. Any ideas?

Tamwar? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Anthony comes back what about him? A sort of toy boy, though I'm not sure how much younger he is. He likes a bit of rough, he went for Kat.
  • Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somehow it would just be wrong but i cant think why as they are both available on and off and have no real morals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    Tamwar? :p

Pahahaha can you imagine? Takes me back to the Carol and Billie's friend, Connor days, I could never quite get my head around that one!:p

There isn't that many bachelors in Walford is there? All I can think of is Masood and Billy. Surely there is more?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pahahaha can you imagine? Takes me back to the Carol and Billie's friend, Connor days, I could never quite get my head around that one!:p

There isn't that many bachelors in Walford is there? All I can think of is Masood and Billy. Surely there is more?

Carol and Connor was horrible. I only watched intermittently then and it was one of the things that drove me away for good. :D

Walford is certainly short of eligible batchelors. There's only those 2 and Terry I can think of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    Carol and Connor was horrible. I only watched intermittently then and it was one of the things that drove me away for good. :D

Walford is certainly short of eligible batchelors. There's only those 2 and Terry I can think of.

It confused my brain...a LOT! Whhhhy, whhyy did they think Carol/Connor was a good idea? :o:D Tough times.

bib:I didn't realise until now, the best one is Masood though. I like Masood.:D