Options

Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 156)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,944
    Forum Member
    x-Maya-x wrote: »
    I just can't get my head around the Danny confession.

I was thinking that it's possible Shawnee gives Doug Danny's name as a murder Brendan was questioned, but never charged, in connection to.

Because for Brendan to bring up Danny by himself just seems so monumentally stupid.

But I suppose it's just another plot contrivance in the same vein as Ste marrying Doug even after finding out what he's been up to.
    JEH wrote: »
    My memory is terrible I don't know if doug knew danny and I can only remember the vinnie connection between danny and brendan you see that is what I was thinking he maybe just says he has killed for ste and it is just the mags and spoilers mentioning dannys name

I mean it doesn't make one iota of sense that they are bringing danny up now for

Essentially, Brendan is not stupid. I really cannot see him saying outright that he murdered Danny. I do think he might say he has killed for Ste - in a rush of blood to the head. And Doug will record this :cool: Bloody Jessica Carter! :mad:

ETA - thanks Maya, that's what I knew about. The narrative was weird at times, I used to watch eps and think they've missed stuff out because it was really disjointed :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha, Maya. Pretty much.

It's going to be stupid by just the fact, but it's a matter now to what degree it will be in how they do it, I guess.
  • Options
    JEHJEH Posts: 2,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Essentially, Brendan is not stupid. I really cannot see him saying outright that he murdered Danny. I do think he might say he has killed for Ste - in a rush of blood to the head. And Doug will record this :cool: Bloody Jessica Carter! :mad:

Yeah I think this aswell I suppose we'll just have to wait and see but the thought of smug dug makes me want to break things
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JEH wrote: »
    Yeah I think this aswell I suppose we'll just have to wait and see but the thought of smug dug makes me want to break things

Ahhh, just think about what r boys will be getting up to in Dublin :D works for me - ommmmmmmmm.
  • Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But I suppose it's just another plot contrivance in the same vein as Ste marrying Doug even after finding out what he's been up to.

Exactly.

Plus nothing will come of it anyway so it's fine. :cool:
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Oooh yay for the cover of the Yearbook! In Inside Soap's defence, it's really heard to cut round his hair in that promo pic, I've tried before and it always looks ridiculous :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly.

The shortest marriage in soap history. Go HO! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Oooh yay for the cover of the Yearbook! In Inside Soap's defence, it's really heard to cut round his hair in that promo pic, I've tried before and it always looks ridiculous :D

You would have done a better job than them though, Mojo. Truth told :cool:;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly.

Except Ste being furious with Doug. I'm here for that. :cool:
  • Options
    AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    The shortest marriage in soap history. Go HO! :D
    Tony and Cindy's will be shorter if Tony is one of the casualties. And Max and Steph's ended on the wedding day.

HAPPIEST DAY OF YOUR LIVES, EVERYONE!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tony and Cindy's will be shorter if Tony is one of the casualties. And Max and Steph's ended on the wedding day.

HAPPIEST DAY OF YOUR LIVES, EVERYONE!

Nooooo! Tony cannot die. I shall be very unhappy if that happens.

Oh yes, forgot Max and Steph. Bless :o

Soap Weddings are the best, love them, me ;)
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do love it when Ste is angry with Doug but I kind of wish he wasn't angry before they got married, or is angry but Doug says he will stop his vendetta and he calms down.

Then he can go ballistic when he finds the video thing.

In fact that is the only way him marrying Doug at all will make any sense, well a tiny bit of sense anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello lovelies :) Have I missed anything?
  • Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Unless he gets amnesia. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ally08 wrote: »
    I do love it when Ste is angry with Doug but I kind of wish he wasn't angry before they got married, or is angry but Doug says he will stop his vendetta and he calms down.

Then he can go ballistic when he finds the video thing.

In fact that is the only way him marrying Doug at all will make any sense, well a tiny bit of sense anyway.

I had a friend who told me after that when she stood at the alter and saw her soon to be husband she thought to herself 'I hate him'. The marriage didn't last, safe to say. People do act strangely where weddings are concerned :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member

I thought I'd had my fill of Doug tears, but you know, I think I still have a bit of room! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless he gets amnesia. ;)

I hope he does. Why else would you stay with Doug? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello lovelies :) Have I missed anything?

Hi. No, I don't think so.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member

Handcuffs....sorry, a legal contract ;).
  • Options
    Forum Member

The mindblowing sex :cool:
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a friend who told me after that when she stood at the alter and saw her soon to be husband she thought to herself 'I hate him'. The marriage didn't last, safe to say. People do act strangely where weddings are concerned :cool:

Oh I know people do get carried away with the event and don't realise until far too late that they are doing the wrong thing.

At the altar is a hell of time to realise you hate your husband to be though. :eek:

You can totally understand why people go through with it anyway, can you imagine the courage it would take to say actually I've changed my mind. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One which Doug will kindly carry around with him to remind Ste, yes? ;)

Ah, entrapment. I mean commitment.
  • Options
    AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    I hope he doesn't. I'd hate it to be that soapy and contrived.:o

I'm very interested to see the reasons though. I'd quite like Doug to take the cross away before Ste comes round, and nobody tell him that Brendan's visited. So they stagger on in their dysfunctional relationship after Ste goes home.

How about, at the airport Ste sees that Leah is wearing the cross. He asks her where she got it, and she tells him she found it in Doug's drawer when she was helping him pack.

;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

The image of Stug and handcuffs is seered on my brain now :eek:

Oh, can you imagine it? 'You're mine, it's law!'

The romance :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah ally, and it's the fact that Doug betrays his trust the 2nd time and he finds out, that makes me sure they couldn't possibly really reconcile after the coma.

Why they stay together any time at all after that is a mystery. I don't know how the show's going to do it without making Ste look totally pathetic unless there's amnesia involved.
This discussion has been closed.