New Doctor Who Fan (Part Davison)

Comments

• Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    like my chocolate enhanced waistline, the plot thickens!!

:eek::eek:

I bet Jan Moir is crying over her column in today's paper!
    there are AT LEAST FOUR MORE TENNANT PROGRAMMES THAT SHE DIDN'T MENTION IN HER LIST!!!!

quiccccccccccccccccccccccccccckk!!!

hold the front page!!!

Four more Tennants have been let loose!!!

:eek:

oooh I am loving all the Tennants today *licks lips*

ET neck, bog and buggly eyed, skinny arsed rat and other insults that have been spawned from the mouths of some people who have obviously never looked at their own reflection - you can go and hang yourselves - PAH :p

That's is one thing that really BUGS me about her! Her infinately ability to not only be criticial but downright personal and insulting. It's not necessary and only indicates how lacking in argument she is, if she feels the need to add some personal snide comments too. None of which I agree with, I might add.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Up to the cafe scene now:( :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tumpy wrote: »
    Up to the cafe scene now:( :cry:

oh dear. :(:cry:
  • Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Oh, the regeneration scene shown on the BBC News Channel turned out to be from the end of 'The Stolen Earth' and someone thought that it was the new one...

Not being shown in advance after all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    Oh, the regeneration scene shown on the BBC News Channel turned out to be from the end of 'The Stolen Earth' and someone thought that it was the new one...

Not being shown in advance after all!

Phew! Thought it would be pretty daft of them to do that.
    Forum Member
    Tigger-Roo wrote: »
    Phew! Thought it would be pretty daft of them to do that.

Even if they had, I wouldn't have watched - not with only 2 hours and 18 minutes to go!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if they had, I wouldn't have watched - not with only 2 hours and 18 minutes to go!

Me neither.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member

That would have been the biggest spoiler of them all. Just finished watching EoT and really getting excited now. Don't know what to watch now. Might watch SE/JE
    Forum Member
    I was having a think about why I feel this regeneration will make me :cry: (apart from RTD, DT and Murray Gold all saying that they cried over the script!) and I think it is the Doctor's foreknowledge that it is coming.

We haven't seen a Doctor have quite so much advance knowledge about a coming regeneration before. Four had the Watcher and Five knew it was coming, but fought it off for a while, but it is still not the level of build-up we have here. I think it is the Doctor's own knowledge and the fact that you just know that he would dwell on it which makes it quite so sad.

:(

I do look forward to MS very much, but still know that tonight I will look like this...

:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was having a think about why I feel this regeneration will make me :cry: (apart from RTD, DT and Murray Gold all saying that they cried over the script!) and I think it is the Doctor's foreknowledge that it is coming.

We haven't seen a Doctor have quite so much advance knowledge about a coming regeneration before. Four had the Watcher and Five knew it was coming, but fought it off for a while, but it is still not the level of build-up we have here. I think it is the Doctor's own knowledge and the fact that you just know that he would dwell on it which makes it quite so sad.

I do look forward to MS very much, but still know that tonight I will look like this...

I agree with you about the foreknowledge. And I'm with you every step of the way.

• kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    favorite comedy end line

favorite end line....

I hope

Shawshank Redemption.

that so would have been the perfect ending with red saying that as narration on the bus on the way to find andy, but then hollywood decided to make Frank Darabont film an extra ending with red meeting up and on the beach by the boat!!!!

its okay but lame at the same time *sighs* only part of that masterpiece that bugs me !!

Kenneth

And for all you asking no i still feel Crapola think i will try and stay in the night routine when i am on my off days as its causing me to feel crap alternating all the time!
    Forum Member
    kw4121 wrote: »
    that so would have been the perfect ending with red saying that as narration on the bus on the way to find andy, but then hollywood decided to make Frank Darabont film an extra ending with red meeting up and on the beach by the boat!!!!

its okay but lame at the same time *sighs* only part of that masterpiece that bugs me !!

Kenneth

And for all you asking no i still feel Crapola think i will try and stay in the night routine when i am on my off days as its causing me to feel crap alternating all the time!

Sorry you are still feeling rotten - it does seem to be easier on the system to keep the same hours on your off time too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    Oldest joke in the fandom, but I share it with you guys : my sister dropped by this afternoon and a few minutes ago I told her that now she had to leave because tonight the Doctor regenerated and I wanted to rewatch the previous episode which is one hour long. And she answered : "Doctor who ?" Of course the dialogue was in French, but it made me laugh nonetheless !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great minds eh?? ;);) :D

we are on the same wavelength....

whooo hoooo hooo ooooooooo.....

*spooky music*

whenever that happens to me I hear the X-File's theme by mark snow chills every time

Kenneth
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like that, actually. It's a reward to the audience for investing in the film. It's one thing that jarred me with the book.

They had planned on having some dialogue on the beach...a rehash of the yellow pages conversation,which they didn't use, which was wise.

But seeing Red by the sea and really and truly SMILING full out for the first time in the whole movie is wonderful.

That scene is actually very, very popular, btw, so it's not just me.
    Forum Member
    Solamenn wrote: »
    Oldest joke in the fandom, but I share it with you guys : my sister dropped by this afternoon and a few minutes ago I told her that now she had to leave because tonight the Doctor regenerated and I wanted to rewatch the previous episode which is one hour long. And she answered : "Doctor who ?" Of course the dialogue was in French, but it made me laugh nonetheless !

*groan*

:D
    Forum Member
    *groan*

:D

Actually, her question was genuine : she flatly refuses to see any of my DVDs which haven't got French subtitles and she is not a scifi fan so I never bothered to try to talk to her about Doctor Who ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I like that, actually. It's a reward to the audience for investing in the film. It's one thing that jarred me with the book.

They had planned on having some dialogue on the beach...a rehash of the yellow pages conversation,which they didn't use, which was wise.

But seeing Red by the sea and really and truly SMILING full out for the first time in the whole movie is wonderful.

That scene is actually very, very popular, btw, so it's not just me.

Just me being a purist so ignor me as per standing orders of the thread :D

Ken
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry you are still feeling rotten - it does seem to be easier on the system to keep the same hours on your off time too.

Thanks Eowyn, only down side to that is i am awake all night and then asleep in the day so it feels like a waste of the off days etc....

but yes in the past it was easier to just do as you suggested its why i became addicted to Secondlife hehehe

Kenneth
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just me being a purist so ignor me as per standing orders of the thread :D

lol, it's just the way i see it, it sort of cheats the audience not to show them meeting.

I can understand why leaving the hope hanging in a book might be appealing, but obviously movies are visual mediums which means that a visual resolution is more desirable. It's not as though they butchered the ending, a la Planet of the Apes, more that they enacted a moment that people doubtless imagined for themselves when reaching the ending of the story anyway...
    Forum Member
    Thanks Eowyn, only down side to that is i am awake all night and then asleep in the day so it feels like a waste of the off days etc....

but yes in the past it was easier to just do as you suggested its why i became addicted to Secondlife hehehe

Kenneth

Yeah, I have had friends on shiftwork who tried to remain on the same time, but as you say, they felt they missed out on everything sleeping through the day...
  • SheMoore19SheMoore19 Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I'm watching all the HD goodies this afternoon.

We're halfway through WoM now. Oh this is all so exciting. I couldn't sleep last night. Ok, so I know that's a bit of old news for me, but I was really anxious about tonights episode which is nearly upon us and my mind was racing and my heart was thumping. Crazy, I know, I've never felt quite like this about it before. Must be all the hype.

I'm still convinced it will be
    Wilf that knocks four times. I was watching the interviews again from yesterday and that's the only thing I can think of that's totally unexpected lol.
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it soooooo annoying that the interviewers all insist on calling him 'Doctor Who'? It makes me cringe every time. If I was DT I'd correct them on every occasion, I wouldn't be able to resist.

Spoiler is just my speculation. :)

I'll see you all later after the big event. :cry::cry:
    Forum Member
    Solamenn wrote: »
    Actually, her question was genuine : she flatly refuses to see any of my DVDs which haven't got French subtitles and she is not a scifi fan so I never bothered to try to talk to her about Doctor Who ;)

That makes even funnier!

1.5 hours and counting until the end of time itself! :eek:
    Forum Member
    SheMoore19 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm watching all the HD goodies this afternoon.

We're halfway through WoM now. Oh this is all so exciting. I couldn't sleep last night. Ok, so I know that's a bit of old news for me, but I was really anxious about tonights episode which is nearly upon us and my mind was racing and my heart was thumping. Crazy, I know, I've never felt quite like this about it before. Must be all the hype.

Wilf that knocks four times. I was watching the interviews again from yesterday and that's the only thing I can think of that's totally unexpected lol.
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it soooooo annoying that the interviewers all insist on calling him 'Doctor Who'? It makes me cringe every time. If I was DT I'd correct them on every occasion, I wouldn't be able to resist.

Spoiler is just my speculation. :)

I'll see you all later after the big event. :cry::cry:

Yes! It drives me crazy! You can almost see the set of DT's jaw tighten just a little each time it happens...
    Forum Member
    SheMoore19 wrote: »

That would be unexpected, that's for sure !
    That makes even funnier!

1.5 hours and counting until the end of time itself! :eek:

When I told her that he was regenerating in the body in a 27 years old man, she told me that it was a reason to rejoice !
    And somehow, I don't disagree :p
This discussion has been closed.