Shame on the rspca

2»

Comments

• barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once found a sheep in a field, that was lying on its side and obviously in severe distress. I phoned the RSPCA, but the operator kept asking me a ridiculous amount of totally irrelevant questions. Even though I gave clear instructions as to where the field was, she seemed totally incapable of understanding. In the end I gave her the exact co-ordinates from my car sat-nav, but that was no good either.

They kept asking me who owned the field (it was about 50 miles from home and I thought they would have the resources to establish that). Then it gradually dawned on me that they would rather leave the animal to die a slow and painful death than take any action that might upset or embarrass the farmer.

They really were so uncaring and incompetent that I must admit that I lost my temper with them after about 20 minutes of repeating the same answers to stupid questions from about four different people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I phoned them on a few occasions, in England RSPCA, in Ireland USPCA, regarding a dog I had seen in someones backyard, he was skin and bone. Not only was the person on the phone disinterested and indifferent, but she asked stupid questions. Was the dog's spine showing through it's flesh?The dog was very thin and obviously miserable. Its the same with a lot of cat shelters, they take your donations but if you need a place for an abused cat they say they are full, all the time
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dog is now safe and ok.
    It is now in the hands of the police and the rspca and no other information has been given due to legal issues.
    Great result. Hope someone gets prosecuted and the dog finds a forever home with people who will love him.
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,096
    Forum Member
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    It is now in the hands of the police and the rspca and no other information has been given due to legal issues.
    Great result. Hope someone gets prosecuted and the dog finds a forever home with people who will love him.

great news:)
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    Not just dogs with behavioural problems my friend lost her little westie on a walk, huge efforts put into finding him, RSPCA informed etc. She got a call from a neighbour who was visiting the local branch and swore she saw him in the kennels so off we went to see. Sure enough tiggy was in their care. She identified him, they agreed he was hers but wanted a fee so she went to the bank, took us 30 minutes tops to get to the bank and back with cash in our hands only to find they had killed him while we were gone. He was not just well trained but a hearing dog for the deaf dog. No good reason to kill him at all.

omg that is awful :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I once found a sheep in a field, that was lying on its side and obviously in severe distress. I phoned the RSPCA, but the operator kept asking me a ridiculous amount of totally irrelevant questions. Even though I gave clear instructions as to where the field was, she seemed totally incapable of understanding. In the end I gave her the exact co-ordinates from my car sat-nav, but that was no good either.

They kept asking me who owned the field (it was about 50 miles from home and I thought they would have the resources to establish that). Then it gradually dawned on me that they would rather leave the animal to die a slow and painful death than take any action that might upset or embarrass the farmer.

They really were so uncaring and incompetent that I must admit that I lost my temper with them after about 20 minutes of repeating the same answers to stupid questions from about four different people.

:cry: what happened to the poor sheep?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »

That is good news, well done :)