Grey's Anatomy Season 10 (US Pace!)

Comments

• gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed episode 3. Loved seeing a bit more of Callie with Derek and Meredith, she is often quite tied to Arizona so interesting to see different relationships.
    The interns revising reminded me of how far our original interns have come since the series started.

Didn't really enjoy the Webber stuff, seemed out of character for him and Bailey came across weaker than she normally would.

Loved seeing Derek and Meredith coping with a newborn and glad Cristina is trying to move on from Owen.
    Hope there are more scenes with the board altogether, it will be interesting with the Cristina/Owen situation and Callie/Arizona.
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    "If I die... tell my husband..."
    "tell him what?"
    "that I cheated on him with his brother *passes out*

ahah :')

Nice episode. Webber was cruel :(!

I thought that he was doing it because he realised that she was willing to put him above the needs of her family and he felt that she needed to be focused on her baby right now.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hugsie wrote: »
    I thought that he was doing it because he realised that she was willing to put him above the needs of her family and he felt that she needed to be focused on her baby right now.

Could be; but essentially saying to her "I'm angry at you because I thought you were smarter than this, you should of let me die after the accident and not try to save my life" was a bit over the top if that was the case!
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Could be; but essentially saying to her "I'm angry at you because I thought you were smarter than this, you should of let me die after the accident and not try to save my life" was a bit over the top if that was the case!

I think he was hurting himself that he was that vulnerable, and it's exactly because she was that strong, that he had to push her away. Remember he only agreed to have the tube when he realised that she would come and do it herself if needed.

She wasn't the weak one. She would have made him do it, but she trusted Bailey would come around in time. When that didn't happen she came to the hospital herself.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever the reason for Webber's outburst I enjoy it when anyone has a go at Meredith...

Owen was totally right when he said that they need to be board members & Drs, they can't just buy the hospital and then expect it to run itself.

Callie was awful all episode, but her speech to Arizona at the end redeemed her as she was right that Arizona needs to work on herself before they work on their relationship.

The MerDer no sleep story bugged me, although it bugs me anytime a show does that same old story when a couple has a newborn... As someone who was on her own with her newborn from day 1 (and had a 2 yr old to look after too) yet still managed to function perfectly well I just want to shout at the characters to man-up and get over it.

The interns were used much better this week, enough to let us get to "know" them a bit more but not shoved down our throats.

The Cristina/Alex scenes were the highlight of the episode and I loved Cris navigating her break-up from Owen... I really hope that they continue to allow her to shine through this season. The more amazing she is though the more I realise how much I'm going to miss her!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    200th episode this week, interesting to see what's in store :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the episode although it didn't really feel special enough for the 200th for me...

Bailey putting the cancer patient in the room with Webber seemed like a callback to Season 4 (the episode when she finally got made chief resident) when she told Alex & Izzie to put their difficult patients in the same room so they could abuse each-other.

I thought prom sex was wrong & trashy when it happened so didn't really appreciate the callback to that.

I was enjoying all the interns a bit more this episode until the end bit with Shane/Stephanie/Jackson... Having said that I do prefer Jackson with Stephanie than with April.

It was April's best episode IMO, I hope the friendship between her and Arizona continues as they work quite well together.

Cristina was just perfection once again... I'm going to miss her so much!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    I enjoyed the episode although it didn't really feel special enough for the 200th for me...

Bailey putting the cancer patient in the room with Webber seemed like a callback to Season 4 (the episode when she finally got made chief resident) when she told Alex & Izzie to put their difficult patients in the same room so they could abuse each-other.

I thought prom sex was wrong & trashy when it happened so didn't really appreciate the callback to that.

I was enjoying all the interns a bit more this episode until the end bit with Shane/Stephanie/Jackson... Having said that I do prefer Jackson with Stephanie than with April.

It was April's best episode IMO, I hope the friendship between her and Arizona continues as they work quite well together.

Cristina was just perfection once again... I'm going to miss her so much!

I agree that this didn't feel like a big milestone episode like a 200th. I enjoyed the episode but I don't think it's that memorable as a 200th.

I really enjoyed Arizona and April getting drunk together, hope they don't just pretend that didn't happen and have no scenes together now.

I wish Callie would be a bit more feisty like she used to be.

Knew Mer wouldn't be able to stay away from surgery much longer.

I think Cristina was the star the episode too, I loved that she referred to them trying to steal surgeries as interns, and the smile on her face as she skipped off with the cheque.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    The best thing for me is Alexs dad turning up, he can actually have a well deserved storyline,
  • mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    It's all so dull for me.

I just don't care about any of these storylines.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am enjoying this series, although when I watched the opener I had to rack my brains to try and remember what happened in the finale. I do remember I stayed up till about 2am and watched it live.

Richard was annoying my but I'm glad he seems to be actually changing his mind about treatment etc as he is one of my favourite characters.

I am not that keen on Alex, never have been but with his dad coming back into it might be interesting. Especially given who plays him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    The best thing for me is Alexs dad turning up, he can actually have a well deserved storyline,

Yeah Alex hasn't had a proper storyline since all the stuff with Izzie so I'm excited to see what he has coming up. He's had such a troubled past with his dad I'm really looking forward to this storyline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneak peek from Thursdays episode...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/greys-anatomys-ellen-pompeo-are-648134
    Can't wait to see Cristina and Meredith in conflict.
    Forum Member
    My hearing is awful what did Alex's dad say to him in the lift?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My hearing is awful what did Alex's dad say to him in the lift?

I think it was "take it easy man"... I'm not sure whether its to be taken to mean that he recognised Alex or not though.
    Forum Member
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    I think it was "take it easy man"... I'm not sure whether its to be taken to mean that he recognised Alex or not though.

See I wasn't sure whether he knew who he was or not and still not clear
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See I wasn't sure whether he knew who he was or not and still not clear

I don't think Alex's dad knows who Alex is. Although he said they hadn't seen each other in 20 years, I think you would be able to recognise your son, he'll still closely resemble how he looked 20 years ago.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I throughly enjoyed the latest episode, best so far in the series for me, I just enjoyed everything, from Callie's dancing to MerStina's argument, it was a good episode.

The only gripe I have, is Jo, I like all the interns now, except for her, she's a nice girl, but the reason I just can't seem to like her is that she is a complete carbon copy of Izzy! Similar back story, orking her way up from nothing, falling in love with Alex....it's just all so familiar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the fight between Meredith and Cristina doesn't drag on, I hope it was just a tool to get Mer to confront the real issue - why is she making all the sacrifices and cutbacks in her career while Derek is seemingly not doing the same in his?

When it comes to the fight though I was fully on Cristina's side... Throughout the episode up Meredith was shown to be distracted and not fully on her game, yes that is understandable given that she's just back from maternity leave but the patient deserves the best surgeon available and that was Bailey not Meredith.

The idea that Meredith does less surgery since becoming a mum isn't something new, it was mentioned when Mer asked Cristina to take Zola if anything happened to her & Derek. As for research, Cristina's point was that Mer has given up doing research since she became a mum which is true from what we've been shown whereas Callie still grew cartilage and Bailey still took on her genome lab after having their kids. There was nothing in what Cristina said that the show has shown us to be false as any point.

I couldn't enjoy Callie dancing in her underwear as much as I should have because I thought it was cruel of her to throw Arizona out of a place that's tailored to her disability with very little notice.
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Well I throughly enjoyed the latest episode, best so far in the series for me, I just enjoyed everything, from Callie's dancing to MerStina's argument, it was a good episode.

The only gripe I have, is Jo, I like all the interns now, except for her, she's a nice girl, but the reason I just can't seem to like her is that she is a complete carbon copy of Izzy! Similar back story, orking her way up from nothing, falling in love with Alex....it's just all so familiar.

BIB - I totally agree. Even the little speech Jo gave Alex about not having a dad sounded exactly like something Izzie would have said.
  • Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »

I hadn't noticed, until you said it!!

Callies dancing just made me smile - loved it! I love the fact shes not a stick either!
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have just shadowed the start of the show. 3 girls, 1 guy intern in a social group. Leah even physically resembles Meredith.

Jo is Izzy. Leah is Alex. Shane is Yang.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneak peek for Thursday's episode...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgbpgcwufac&feature=youtu.be
    vkmax wrote: »
    They have just shadowed the start of the show. 3 girls, 1 guy intern in a social group. Leah even physically resembles Meredith.

Jo is Izzy. Leah is Alex. Shane is Yang.

Jo is definitely similar to Izzy but I'm not sure about the others...

I guess Shane started out a bit like George in terms of being quite bumbling and not quite fitting, but then had his "heart in an elevator" moment back when he was running the ER in the 200th.

Stephanie seemed like she might be a mini-Yang back at the start of Season 9 but then they put her with Jackson and she lost all of her badass potential.

Leah has been shown to be quite heartless but not in the same scarred by a terrible childhood way as Alex or in a surgical robot way like Cristina, it'll be interesting to see where her story with Arizona goes and if it gives her a bit of character other than being a biatch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what I thought about this weeks episode as a whole.

I really liked the stuff with Alex and his dad, good to see Alex getting a good storyline and finding out more about him. Will be interesting to see how that goes as I don't think we've seen the last of his dad.

I'm glad Meredith stood up to Cristina and went forward with her mother's research, will be good to see Meredith doing well with her career since so many of her storylines have focused on her relationships with others rather than her being a surgeon.

The mug thing was a bit weird, and I can't really be bothered with Shane. Why did Shane, Stephanie, Leah and Jo not have their own interns since it's their first day as 2nd year residents? Our originals interns were assigned their own interns on their first day back.

I'm not sure what I think of the way Callie and Arizona's storylines are heading. Callie's character seemed very different in this episode, but it was nice to see some of her scenes with Derek. Even though I hate what Arizona did I still want to see them back together, they had the best relationship in my opinion. I really don't like the Arizona stuff with Murphy, maybe because I've not really warmed to Murphy, or because I don't think Arizona would move on quickly. There doesn't seem to be any chemistry there. I would at least like to see more scenes with Callie and Arizona as I think Sara Ramirez and Jessica Capshaw work so well together. Hope the Murphy stuff is a very short blip in Arizona's storylines.
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Jackson :(
    Forum Member
    gcmac wrote: »
    Not sure what I thought about this weeks episode as a whole.

I really liked the stuff with Alex and his dad, good to see Alex getting a good storyline and finding out more about him. Will be interesting to see how that goes as I don't think we've seen the last of his dad.

Best part for me think the dad will be back as he now knows who Alex is I think from being punched in the face as he did that the last time he saw him and all it was familiar enough to jog his memory