Galaxy Note II - GT-N7100

onelegpegonelegpeg Posts: 716
Forum Member
✭✭
Can anybody tell me how to transfer music from my pc to my phone? Have just got the phone and I love it but can't work it out,

Someone told me I need to use Kies but that is not on the phone. I can't find any info online.

I've tried drag and drop into the Music folder and the Ringtone folder but neither work.

Help greatfully appreciated.

Thank you :D

Comments

• Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can download Kies from THIS LINK
    Hope that helps
  • John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you have unlimited data, (or only listen to your music within a wifi area) you could use Google Play music. It syncs all your own music and you can then play it on your phone through the 'cloud'
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you have unlimited data, (or only listen to your music within a wifi area) you could use Google Play music. It syncs all your own music and you can then play it on your phone through the 'cloud'

Even if you don't, you can pre download any songs you want whenever you are connected to Wi-Fi.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kies is a pile of poo. Maybe you will have more luck with it than I have. You can simply copy and paste your music files onto your phone, using windows explorer when your phone is contracted to the computer via USB.
  • benjammin316benjammin316 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    • Plug in phone to PC/Laptop with USB cable
    • Wait for dialogue box to open on screen
    • Open folder
    • Add music to music folder
    • Disconnect phone
    • Done
    • :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    To get started, follow on below:

Connect your Galaxy Note to a computer using a MicroUSB to USB data cable, which should be provided with the phone. The phone should be recognized once you plug it in.

Once it's connected, go to notifications and select "USB Mass Storage." The computer will then recognize the handset as an external hard drive.

Use your computer’s interface to move files between your device and your computer, just like a normal, external drive.

Once you're finished, go to the notifications on the phone and press "Turn Off USB Storage."

Disconnect the device and you're done!
  • onelegpegonelegpeg Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    • Plug in phone to PC/Laptop with USB cable
    • Wait for dialogue box to open on screen
    • Open folder
    • Add music to music folder
    • Disconnect phone
    • Done
    • :)

Tried that. Couldn't drag and drop into the music folder. :mad:
  • onelegpegonelegpeg Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Connect your Galaxy Note to a computer using a MicroUSB to USB data cable, which should be provided with the phone. The phone should be recognized once you plug it in.

Once it's connected, go to notifications and select "USB Mass Storage." The computer will then recognize the handset as an external hard drive.

Use your computer’s interface to move files between your device and your computer, just like a normal, external drive.

Once you're finished, go to the notifications on the phone and press "Turn Off USB Storage."

Will try this. Thanks :D
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's what the guy above you said
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    That's what the guy above you said

Ah but he put spaces between the lines lol

KIES is much better now since they updated it. It's still slow as hell to start but it does work now (for me at least).