International Cricket - 2011-2012 Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    funny comment on twitter, by ravi bopara,
    Nasser is acting like he doesn't know about Bollywood movies. He knows them all.
    reminds me of a typical British Asian comment, pretending they don't watch bollywood movies.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We were way short of a competitive total with the bat in the first place. 180+ was a must on this pitch, as India are demonstrating.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    We were way short of a competitive total with the bat in the first place. 180+ was a must on this pitch, as India are demonstrating.

Well, if we didn't bowl 10 wides it may have been closer. Anyway one of Dernbach, Briggs to miss the last match for JB, can't hurt the bowling, may help the batting.

Well done India, solid win.
    Forum Member
    Ravi Bopara defiantly watches Bollywood movies, telling the sky boys that Nasser hussain was in a bollywood movie.
    hussain acting on the movie.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2nZbbkl3ug
    good movie.
  • Walter WhiteWalter White Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't watch the match but 1 off 10 from Lumb ? thats unlike him.

I presume Bairstow didn't play because he was woeful in the WC over there , he played one of the worst innings in T20 history , something like 18 off 29 balls , think it was against India wasn't it ?

Agree with the Dernbach sentiment , hes crap as is Tredwell , Briggs is the one we need to persevere with.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Panesar deserved a go, as did Onions 'the journalist'.

Was a funny old line-up so any one of those 2 would have been OK.
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »
    funny comment on twitter, by ravi bopara,
    Nasser is acting like he doesn't know about Bollywood movies. He knows them all.
    reminds me of a typical British Asian comment, pretending they don't watch bollywood movies.

Plenty of British Asians dont watch Bollywood movies. I know a load, including me. They are shite, seriously I would rather watch paint dry. My wife on the other hand loves them.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't watch the match but 1 off 10 from Lumb ? thats unlike him.

I presume Bairstow didn't play because he was woeful in the WC over there , he played one of the worst innings in T20 history , something like 18 off 29 balls , think it was against India wasn't it ?

Agree with the Dernbach sentiment , hes crap as is Tredwell , Briggs is the one we need to persevere with.

Watching Lumb was like watching a blind man in a minefield. I really feel Hales and Wright should open with Morgan at 3, Bairstow and Buttler 4/5 and Samit 6.

Strangely Tredwell bowled ok today but Briggs had a torrid time as Yuvraj smashed him all round the park.

I find it odd that Hales is never spoken about in ODI terms. He has no fear and scores so quickly that he must be worth a go in that format?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a look at Bairstows t20 scores form the WC , it was against the WI he scored that 18 off 29 costing us the game , we only lost by 15 odd runs.

12 off 5 v Afghanistan

1 off 8 v India

18 off 29 v West Indies

5* off 2 v NZ

2 off 2 v SL

Grim viewing his scores , 38 runs off 46 balls in 5 matches , scrub Afghanistan and its 26 runs off 41 balls in 4 matches.

Woeful no matter what way you look at it , obviously he is a hopefully big future player for us but you can see why he has been left out over there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    Watching Lumb was like watching a blind man in a minefield. I really feel Hales and Wright should open with Morgan at 3, Bairstow and Buttler 4/5 and Samit 6.

Strangely Tredwell bowled ok today but Briggs had a torrid time as Yuvraj smashed him all round the park.

I find it odd that Hales is never spoken about in ODI terms. He has no fear and scores so quickly that he must be worth a go in that format?:confused:

To be fair to Lumb he usually gets on with it , pretty rare to see him scratch around whenever ive watched him in IPL and England , he should of been a permanent fixture since we won the WC for me , dont know why he wasn't.

KP will obviously slot back in the line up at some point , he should bat no lower than 3.

Is strange with Hales and ODIs , he looks one of our most reliable short form players nowadays , take it hes not in the ODI squad then.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair to Lumb he usually gets on with it , pretty rare to see him scratch around whenever ive watched him in IPL and England , he should of been a permanent fixture since we won the WC for me , dont know why he wasn't.

KP will obviously slot back in the line up at some point , he should bat no lower than 3.

Is strange with Hales and ODIs , he looks one of our most reliable short form players nowadays , take it hes not in the ODI squad then.

No Hales isn't in the ODI squad.:confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/20765999

I agree KP will come back at some point
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    Plenty of British Asians dont watch Bollywood movies. I know a load, including me. They are shite, seriously I would rather watch paint dry. My wife on the other hand loves them.

Brilliant . My ex Asian girlfriend used to love them, but Jesus Wept Bollywood is crap
  • NansbreadNansbread Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    Brilliant . My ex Asian girlfriend used to love them, but Jesus Wept Bollywood is crap

Ok then i have just the film for you. Its called Qurban. (or, Kurban)...with Kareena Kapoor and Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi's son acting in it (its not about cricket though).

Watch it till the end and tell me if Hollywwod can make that film better. the question of terrorism has never been handled so sensitively as in this film. You will have to get one with subtitles though. Its shot almost entirely in the USA.

Bollywood has come a long way from the 80s and 90s. Some films are just fab.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »
    Ravi Bopara defiantly watches Bollywood movies, telling the sky boys that Nasser hussain was in a bollywood movie.
    hussain acting on the movie.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2nZbbkl3ug
    good movie.

Dont forget...even Gooch and Gower are in that clip and film. LOL
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    Very odd looking bowling line up. Very surprised that Bairstow has been left out. Let's hope the Notts boys can get a few runs .

Too much bowling and not enough batting.
  • sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with most that we were never really going to be greatly competitive with that line-up.

We'd have a much better winning chance with a T20 team like:

Hales, KP, Wright, Kieswetter (wkt), Buttler, Samit, Swann, Broad (when fit), Woakes, Finn (when fit)

Plus 1 other: maybe Bairstow/Morgan or Briggs? Not sure, depends on the opposition/location/pitch/conditions.

But hey, half of those aren't even available, so I'm not sure what changes they can make for the next game which will make much of a difference....
  • charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jimmy Anderson was "crap" for the first half of his international career. And look at him now.

Think I'll continue to stick with the opinion of the England management thanks.
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just said on SSN that Jonny Bairstow has flown home due to personal reasons
    Forum Member
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/597905.html
    England did to India, what India did to other countries, in the past two decades.
    In this series, though, the roles were reversed: Swann and Panesar churned out the kind of numbers that the Indians normally do at home, while Ojha, Ashwin and Co performed like touring spinners usually do in India.
    In the last 25 years, no overseas team had taken more than 29 spin wickets in a series in India - England exceeded that number by more than 30%.
    These performances by Swann and Panesar have also lifted them pretty high in the all-time list of wicket-takers among overseas spinners: both have 28, which puts them in joint ninth position. Derek Underwood and Richie Benaud are on top with 54 and 52 wickets at averages of less than 27, but the two modern spin giants, Muttiah Muralitharan and Shane Warne, both average more than 43.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    Just said on SSN that Jonny Bairstow has flown home due to personal reasons

Dropped from the game and goes home. Dont think he will play in an England shirt for a long time. By all appearances it was walking off a tour for not getting selected in a T20 match (which is his speciality). But you cannot leave like that in a huff.

I dont believe the family reason nonsense.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Or.....it could genuinely be personal reasons. We just don't know.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nansbread wrote: »
    Dropped from the game and goes home. Dont think he will play in an England shirt for a long time. By all appearances it was walking off a tour for not getting selected in a T20 match (which is his speciality). But you cannot leave like that in a huff.

I dont believe the family reason nonsense.

Give it a rest. JB has had enough family worries in the past to deal with. Speculation that he went off in a huff doesn't really help.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give it a rest. JB has had enough family worries in the past to deal with. Speculation that he went off in a huff doesn't really help.

Yeah his dad committed suicide around this time of the year.
    Forum Member
    Lots of speculation in the indian press, about Tendulkar.
    Tendulkar had a meeting with the selectors and the BCCI officials today.
    it looks like tendulkar will play all the ODI against pakistan and england to regain form for the australian test series in Feb and March.
    http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/item/201034-sachin-tendulkar-to-play-in-odis-against-pakistan-and-england-say-reports
    http://cricketnext.in.com/live/news/will-tendulkar-be-ignored-for-pak-odis/70000-13.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jimmy Anderson was "crap" for the first half of his international career. And look at him now.

Think I'll continue to stick with the opinion of the England management thanks.

Haha , get you !

Just incase you're brain has actually deserted you i'll just confirm something for you.......

This is a CRICKET DISCUSSION thread where everyone ..wait for it *drum rolls* .....discusses cricket and experesses their opinion on all things cricket.

What a utterley boring deviod world we would live in if we were all yes men sheep like you and never questioned or had an opinion on anything , thank god this is not the case , thanks.