F1 Coverage - The Verdict: 2014 Season

Comments

• stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    I don't know if its down to FOM or Sky but something I noticed this morning is how much quieter the new engines sound on SSF1 when compared to how they sound on the OnBoard feeds.

Even when Crofty shut up & turned up the volume on OnBoards they still didn't sound as good or as loud as they did on the OnBoard feeds. When we got the shot from Button's car with the new Rev-Counter in FP1 it sounded quiet, flat & dull. Same bit of footage from the OnBoard feed & it sounds louder & better overall.
  • LesterForbesLesterForbes Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Anthony Davidson and SSF1 parted company ? I dont remember him on the F1 studio preview show last week and he wasn't on commentary today. Usually Crofty mentions why he's not at the track but not even a single mention of him. Anyone know what's going on ?
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Anthony Davidson and SSF1 parted company ? I dont remember him on the F1 studio preview show last week and he wasn't on commentary today. Usually Crofty mentions why he's not at the track but not even a single mention of him. Anyone know what's going on ?

He's still with the team, he did a voice-over at one point, for the track guide.

I imagine his role at the circuit this year will be reduced a bit now that he is a father.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aaaah, as I read that his Melbourne VO just came on the F1 show! I hope you're right about him just reducing his role this year, would be a massive shame if he left.
  • alexj2002alexj2002 Posts: 3,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FOM Fan wrote: »
    Still, Tissot might have been more agreable to using a version of their logo that fits with the graphics. Rolex might have been insistent on the placement etc.

That would be a shame, because the Tissot logo ends up looking a lot more like a premium brand by fitting in to the overall branding rather than just being pasted on top. It wouldn't take much editing to get it to fit, I put this together in two minutes, and it still is unmistakenly the Rolex logo, but it fits so much better into the graphics package as a rectangle.
  • FOMFanFOMFan Posts: 5,467
    Forum Member
    F1Ken wrote: »
    It's not necessary that but the way in which it is arranged. Motogp cluster things into tidy boxes. FOM's graphics feel as if they take up to much space but they don't actually tell me that much.

An inefficient use of space lets say.
    See this is where people's idea of what they like differs :p I don't like the MotoGP graphics set simply because it's too squashed together in my eyes. I like that FOM's graphic positions are spread out a bit.
  • FOMFanFOMFan Posts: 5,467
    Forum Member
    alexj2002 wrote: »
    That would be a shame, because the Tissot logo ends up looking a lot more like a premium brand by fitting in to the overall branding rather than just being pasted on top. It wouldn't take much editing to get it to fit, I put this together in two minutes, and it still is unmistakenly the Rolex logo, but it fits so much better into the graphics package as a rectangle.
    Given that Rolex has plastered their logo in the form of "Crown above Name", Rolex probably pushed for the logo on FOM's graphics to be in that form as well.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    Has anyone been able to get the BBC R5SX FP1 and FP2 coverage to play in iPlayer. Failing on both my Windows laptop and Android tablet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get the BBC R5SX FP1 and FP2 coverage to play in iPlayer. Failing on both my Windows laptop and Android tablet.

It was streamed live on the official F1 app
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    How does that answer my question? :confused:
  • dansusdansus Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »

Not working here either.
  • F1 MikeF1 Mike Posts: 5,840
    Forum Member
    I mostly enjoyed The F1 Show last year

today most of the presenting was just annoying

messed it up a bit haven't they?

enjoyed the first few practice shows :)
  • pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1 Show was a mess today for me. Not anything to do with bashing Pinkham either, never get that to be honest or had an issue with her. It's like they've brought Simon in along with Natalie to make it more 'Beverley Turner ITV F1 casual/fluffy' with Ted doing smaller excerpts.

Georgie / Natalie with Ted worked as you got a good split of fluff/fun with other racing stuff. Seemed a bit jumbled today with no flow at all... Ant (understandably) cutting back some time, random presenting shifts now with Simon FP1, Ted FP2, Maybe Natalie FP3. I hope Sky don't go down the route of being 'lazy' this year now it is there third year. I was thinking this as last season the F1 Show started in like Mid-Feb with testing and we had the live test. You'd of thought with the new rules we could of had the same this year.

I do slightly worry about a lot of Hamilton talk too. Not alarmed/or over concerned yet.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
  • F1-AddictF1-Addict Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The audio on the world feed on the red button is definitely much quieter and softer than on any other feed. It was cutting out a lot yesterday so they're obviously having issues with it.

Brundle on FP3 commentary duty which is a first I believe.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if its down to FOM or Sky but something I noticed this morning is how much quieter the new engines sound on SSF1 when compared to how they sound on the OnBoard feeds.

Even when Crofty shut up & turned up the volume on OnBoards they still didn't sound as good or as loud as they did on the OnBoard feeds. When we got the shot from Button's car with the new Rev-Counter in FP1 it sounded quiet, flat & dull. Same bit of footage from the OnBoard feed & it sounds louder & better overall.

Yes, I noticed this as well. I do wonder how much of the internet's "oohhh they're too quiet" comments is based on the main feed onboard noises rather than the Onboard feed onboard noises (if you see what I mean ;-)).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oops, One just lost world feed audio commentary. Are they still going on Sky?
  • patpendingpatpending Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hello everybody. About half an hour ago I was looking to see when the BBC was showing qualifying. For the last 20 minutes I've been trying to remember my password as it looks like they aren't showing it!

In 2014 that's a #part-timer.

I've fired up the tape recorder and hope it's 6am UK time...
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be speaking too soon but I think they've significantly cut down the Rolex logo instances. Not seen any dual-instances of it appearing and it's only appearing at the end of a timed lap and not each split along the way.
  • hobnob_monsterhobnob_monster Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the team radio on the app working for anyone this morning? Worked fine for me yesterday, but during FP3 I only get the radio graphic... no audio...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    patpending wrote: »

I've fired up the tape recorder and hope it's 6am UK time...

Its not live this week. 14:55 BBC2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This race is going to be epic. Cars look like the widow makers of old.
  • RacketRacket Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    solarflare wrote: »
    Might be speaking too soon but I think they've significantly cut down the Rolex logo instances. Not seen any dual-instances of it appearing and it's only appearing at the end of a timed lap and not each split along the way.

Broadcasters, especially Sky, probably had a word about decreasing it? Otherwise with the amount of appearances, I'm sure Sky would have had to blur out the logo to avoid regulator trouble on repeat showings. No doubt other countries would have similar regulation issues?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to confirm what someone (Arius?) said the other day, Gary Anderson is in the paddock today wearing an FOM shirt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching James Allen, Mark Webber and Alan Jones on One's buildup show. Mark is doing really well, shame hes not available full time this year.
This discussion has been closed.