Options

UK Population by Ethnic Group - Census 2011

Comments

• Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Wittmann44 wrote: »
    Sorry chum, it is obvious you know very little about human taxonomy and what comprises breed as against species. But believe me, your breed is definitely not human and neither is mine. Breeds are a sub-division of a species and we little humans are a species.

Remember CATS ? Well, CATS are a species, within which there are a great many variables called breeds. Same with DOGS. You must know that a LION is different from a TIGER eh ? Or a POODLE is different from a GREAT DANE ? If you grab that elementary example, then it is highly promising that you now realise that within the human species, there are also many breeds. The common expression is race, but technically we are breeds.

Humans are a species of animal evolution called Homo Sapiens, not a breed.

Definition
    A breed is a specific group of animals (humans are animals) having a homogeneous appearance (phenotype), homogeneous behaviour, and/or other characteristics that distinguish it from other variations of the same species.

Please, let us get away from elementary understanding of evolution, I am becoming rather bored with explaining elementary terminology.

try answering some of the other posts asking questions then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please, let us get away from elementary understanding of evolution, I am becoming rather bored with explaining elementary terminology.
    Oh goodie goodie, lets.
    Because you've made one almighty cock-up in use of elementary terminology already :-D:p
    Shall we discuss the difference between genotype and phenotype right now, or would you like a while to get changed into the pinstripe first? ;-)
  • Options
    Beaker17Beaker17 Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Oh goodie goodie, lets.
    Because you've made one almighty cock-up in use of elementary terminology already :-D:p
    Shall we discuss the difference between genotype and phenotype right now, or would you like a while to get changed into the pinstripe first? ;-)

Hello Davethenotsosensible.

Before you accuse people of making cock-ups, I suggest you get your own facts correct before you start throwing stones around in glass houses.

Phenotype
    The set of observable characteristics of an individual resulting from the interaction of its genotype with the environment.

Genotype
    The genetic constitution of an individual organism. Often contrasted with phenotype.

OK Brain of Britain - where do we go from there ? Nowhere, your comment is a worthless waste of time, but understandable if you cannot comprehend the essence of what has been said. And in the end - it does not matter a fig in connection with the general conversational content.

Forget your nitpicking and get on with the substance of discussion. Make a contribution that is of practical value.
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started this thread essentially under the banner of immigration, but the subject always degenerates into the popular ball game of race issues. Well, immigration is a race issue and has been debated to death by Governments and media alike many times over the years and it will not go away.

Every country in the world has the same problem, with no exceptions. And in all cases the indigenous population do not like it. Nothing surprising about this, it is a natural tribal reaction, going back to when Homo Sapiens first stood upright.

No matter where one is born, breed is a constant factor. It starts at birth and stops at death. Nationality is a bureaucratic convenience adopted by most countries to cover place of birth. It does not change breed.

In WW2, many thousands of American citizens, covering several generations were interned for the duration of the war. Why ? Because their breed was Japanese ! Fictitious nationality did not count a fig. This practice was adopted by all the countries in conflict where their own "nationals" or citizens were interred because their breed was that of the enemy.

So forget that piece of paper relating to the geography of the ground you were born on, you retain your original breed until death do us part. the same applies to offspring.
    In the UK white British Nazi sympathisers were similarly interned for the duration of the war. Had sweet FA to do with their 'breed', but rather their beliefs by which you were categorised as A,B or C.
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Oh no! Our country is full up! :eek:
    We better implement a one-child policy and stop breeding then!

I always like arguing something like that if anyone gets bored.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think I'll just go Godwin.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=wittmann

Michael Wittmann was a German Waffen-SS tank commander during the Second World War. Wittmann rose to the rank of SS-Hauptsturmführer and was a Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross holder. Wikipedia
    Born: April 22, 1914, Bavaria, Germany
    Died: August 8, 1944, Cintheaux, France
    Buried: La Cambe German war cemetery, La Cambe, France
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Let's face it "chum" the people who designed the V2 were actual rocket scientists which just goes to show you can be clever but utterly utterly wrong about humanity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cultureman wrote: »
    In the UK white British Nazi sympathisers were similarly interned for the duration of the war. Had sweet FA to do with their 'breed', but rather their beliefs by which you were categorised as A,B or C.
    Big deal !

Political beliefs opposing the home countries wartime policies and security do not exactly sing the right song. Of course they were interned. Same thing happened in Germany. Any word said against the Fuhrer or against the Nazi party was met with more than just internment in many cases. AND Jews were certainly considered a breed.

I do not see the point you are making. seems irrelevant to immigration.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How will the 55 million survive this? Is it time to have separate living areas for the natives so that they can ensure they don't die out? Or forced contraception for people with foreign sounding names?

Something needs to be done, and it need to be done yesterday

INdeed! Ive been reading posts on DS about how ethnic minorities are "swamping" Britain & soon white people will be in the minority- yup- all 55million of us, GAWN!!
    They're nifty little breeders them 8 million!

And dont forget the Muslim takeover - all 6.9% of them! (of course not all Asians are Muslim, but that'll just confuse the UKIPPERS)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Let's face it "chum" the people who designed the V2 were actual rocket scientists which just goes to show you can be clever but utterly utterly wrong about humanity.

Of course the ex-Nazi scientists who were whisked off to the the USA before the Russians grabbed them, designed the first ballistic missile in history. They also designed and executed in ultimate detail, the US space program.

Have you forgotten something ? They were all white European and members of The Master Race by personal classification of Adolf Hitler himself.!

Don`t know what all this has to do with immigration, but it is all good fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before you accuse people of making cock-ups, I suggest you get your own facts correct before you start throwing stones around in glass houses.
    OK Brain of Britain - where do we go from there ?
    I'll tell you where we'll go. Tell me what facts I got incorrect so I can address them.
    And answer the breed / species cock-up people have been pointing out, to show you actually do understand what you're saying, there's a nice gentleman.
    Then perhaps we'll move on, once we've tidied your addled posts up.

As to making a contribution of practical value, I've already pointed out in posts #2 and #8 that you made a fundamental mistake about mathematical concepts in your OP. Isn't that practical enough? :D
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just about immigration though, even if all the borders were closed right this moment the percentages would still change seeing as the fastest growing ethnic group is the mixed-race group.

http://www.economist.com/news/britain/21595908-rapid-rise-mixed-race-britain-changing-neighbourhoodsand-perplexing
    The 2011 census revealed a country that is decreasingly white and British: England’s ethnic-minority population grew from 9% of the total in 2001 to 14%. But the biggest single increase was in the number of people claiming a mixed-ethnic background. This almost doubled, to around 1.2m. Among children under the age of five, 6% had a mixed background—more than belonged to any other minority group (see chart).
    As Britain’s mixed-race population swells, another group appears destined to shrink. The Labour Force Survey reveals that 48% of black Caribbean men and 34% of black Caribbean women in couples are with partners of a different ethnic group—with higher proportions still among younger cohorts. Black Caribbean children under ten years old are outnumbered two-to-one by children who are a mixture of white and black Caribbean.

Oh, and despite my maternal grandparents emigrating here from South Africa I'm still very much British and very much a Londoner.

And despite my children having my mixed-heritage and them both having black British fathers of Jamaican descent, they're very much British and very much Londoners.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am "indigenous", you are not speaking for me.

I love the euphemism of "indigenous".
    For "indigenous" read "white". When talking of indigenous Brits, I believe most people arent talking about Afro- Caribbeans or Indians that are 3rd generation British.
    People need to realise whats being meant behind seemingly innocuous euphemisms
  • Options
    frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    I still have no bloody idea what the hell the OP is going on about.

Wittmann44 do you have a problem with people of a different colour being called British? Why? What makes someone British to you (other than a pinstripe suit, Bowler hat and FT under the arm:confused:)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »
    People need to realise whats being meant behind seemingly innocuous euphemisms

It's not rocket science to work out the agenda :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don`t know what all this has to do with immigration, but it is all good fun.

I'm alluding to your using immigration as a pretext for raising issues normally associated with the far right. All this bollocks about breeds is language intended to dehumanise and you know it.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,587
    Forum Member
    Have Stom Front had a clear out of users recently? Seems to be an overload of racially motivated posts on DS the last few days. Looks like several stones are missing those who usually dwell beneath them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Have Stom Front had a clear out of users recently? Seems to be an overload of racially motivated posts on DS the last few days. Looks like several stones are missing those who usually dwell beneath them
    Read post #57 again.
    Unfortunately it didn't make clear that Wittmann44's username accidentally matches the name of and death year of a Waffen SS tank commander (follow the link in #57 for the details),
    That's a thoroughly British sort of chap to follow. Very pin-stripe.
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind, there's plenty of that horrible unsightly green stuff to build over :)
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    r6unt87.jpg

In 2015 the proportions will be higher.

How does that even work? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cultureman wrote: »
    If you think that's shocking, you should see the 'ethnic origin' statistics for the animals in our zoos!

Our supermarkets are also crammed full of food originally of foreign origin. Potatoes, carrots, onions, tomatoes; foreign interlopers the lot of 'em.

And sprouts from Brussells! Bloody EU, forcing its mini-cabbages on us Brits!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would remind you of that old saying (not mine, but very true) which I have stated before :-
    A pig born in a Stable is not a horse, no matter what kind of papers the Vet issues. Paperwork does not alter breed, it only states the geography of the birth site.

So blacks and Asians are "pigs"? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh come off it !

The description is simply an amusing expression common;y adopted of a typical Englishman, pre-WW2 to early 60`s. If you have not heard of it, then your general knowledge is severely lacking. But your loss, not mine.

It's not typical, even from pre-WWII to the 60s. It's distinctly atypical; limited to a few people who worked in the City of London and a few other financial districts. At best, it's a lazy stereotype.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You still see English men wearing pinstripe suits and bowler hats every so often

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxing/2424386/Showman-at-home-with-celebrity-status.html

The typical British Tory Toff MP these days tends to be more of the Chipping Norton set in Barbour jackets and tweed, to be honest.
  • Options
    davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    37% of the London population were born outside the UK, including 24.5% born outside of Europe.

Yes, even their Mayor was born outside of Europe...
This discussion has been closed.