How many alarms do you set?

AnthonySAnthonyS Posts: 327
Forum Member
How many alarms do you set in the morning to get up for work? I don't understand how people can set one alarm and then get up straight away, I'd also worry I'd sleep right through just one alarm which I do regularly.

I've got a wierd alarm routine which I do each day providing I have sorted everything out I need for work the night before.

I set my first alarm 45 minutes before I need to be in the shower which I always turn off straight away, the next one is 15 minutes after that which the majority of the time I turn off and then I have one set every 5 minutes up until the time I need to get out of bed.

It's quite wierd but it's the way I like it, I love the feeling of being able to turn it off and go back to sleep, and it slowly breaks me in so I don't feel like I'm just diving out of bed and out the door.

9/10 I get up after around the 6th alarm. :cool:

Comments

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i rarely set alarms.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always used 1,
    I set it up to what time i want to wake up, then press snooze, to ring 5 minutes later, and in that time, It gives me a chance to wake up properly, I just ly in bed stretching, going through my phone, and then the sooze alarm rings, then i get out of bed,
    but a small tip, I shall give you is,

Go to bed early and have a much longer sleep,
    I luckily manage to get 9-11 hours every day!

and I use the rule of 8, if I have less than 8 hours sleep,
    I'm f***ked for the day! as I don't sleep enough,
    and always pledge to sleep early, :)
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    2-3
    I can get up with the first one if I really need to be up at that time

I find it best to put one out of reach so I have to stand up and walk to turn it off once I'm on my feet I couldn't go back to sleep if I wanted to
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the one. I wake up fine. I live with 4 boys and if I don't get up I won't get to use the bathroom first.

My uncle use to set 5 alarms they would all ring at the same time. I just feel sorry my aunty.
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    I only set one alarm.

However, it's right over the other side of the bedroom, so the only way of switching it off is to get out of bed!
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I have an alarm clock next to my bed,

And then a further 2/3 on my phone
  • jules_cjules_c Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Two for me. One to snooze several times on and the fail safe on the other side of the room to get me out of bed. (Then a third if I've been drinking! )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One, then I open my eyes for a second and make a later one...
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two, one on the alarm clock and one on my phone.
  • mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the one on the dog, he gets of his leash at 11 pm every night, god help anyone after that time.
  • RogerBaileyRogerBailey Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My electronic alarm next to my bed will be set for 5am.

Mobile 1 just out of reach on my bedside cabinet set for 5.02.

Mobile 2 on the floor about 10 feet away 5.04.

Battery alarm clock with obnoxious loud tune at other end of room 5.06.

Just one alarm is asking for trouble imo.
  • Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two, though I find if I have to be up then one is usually enough, and if I don't all the alarms in the world won't help. The second is a failsafe.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two - just in case the battery in one dies overnight. (Both placed in locations which means I have to get out of bed to turn them off.)
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Two, but i'm always lying awake waiting for them to go off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two - phone and ipad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two.

I have a clock radio on my bedside, which I set to come on.
    And I also set an alarm on my phone for exactly the same time.

My phone has let me down before (no, it isn't an iPhone, lol) and I always worry there will be a power cut, preventing my clock radio from going off!
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Usually set my phone and then sleep it 3 times(5 mins each) as my phone is 12 mins behind time, I don't actually end up getting up any later than I should.
  • LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
    Forum Member
    I have four, but 90% of the time i find myself deactivating the last one before it actually goes off :p
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    I only set one alarm.

However, it's right over the other side of the bedroom, so the only way of switching it off is to get out of bed!

I do that but I just get out of bed, switch it off then get back in bed. I also set 3 on my phone in addition to the alarm clock and eventually get up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I have to set 4 to go off at the same time as I have been known to sleep through 3. One is my CD clock radio, at full volume, then my phone, tablet and iPod set and placed around the room so I have to get up and go round turning them all off.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None. My 23 month old daughter and 3 month old son ensure I am up nice and early for work!
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    One but the clock is set 11 minutes ahead.

It goes off at 04:24 and I snooze it twice for 8 minutes each, then I get up at 04:40 but it's actually 04:29.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None. My 23 month old daughter and 3 month old son ensure I am up nice and early for work!

Haha. I was going to say similar. My mini-human alarm has me up btween 3-5am :D
  • scousesirenscousesiren Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    1 alarm on my phone. But, I cannot remember the last time I needed it to wake me up as always awake before it goes off.
  • FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules_c wrote: »
    Two for me. One to snooze several times on and the fail safe on the other side of the room to get me out of bed.

Exactly as above, most times the second one isn't needed.