Options

Tamera.. great voice but cant take to her at all....

smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Beautiful girl, great voice but something about her that I just cannot take to.... :o

There is a falseness that I find uncomfortable..

Comments

• Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like her a bit more this week she seemed to have a bit more personality in the VT
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was fantastic tonight BUT the song was too big for her at this early stage of the competition
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    What falseness - ugh can't stand the things people say. If any girl shows a bit of personality she's perceived to be cocky and arrogant. It's probably why only the soft spoken girls get through to the end like Leona and Rebecca.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What falseness - ugh can't stand the things people say. If any girl shows a bit of personality she's perceived to be cocky and arrogant. It's probably why only the soft spoken girls get through to the end like Leona and Rebecca.

Its my opinion ok !! which I am entitled to.. I find her false.

If you cant stand the things people say why the hell are you on a forum:rolleyes:...
  • Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Amen. Same in every year online
  • Options
    Vodkafairy75Vodkafairy75 Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Totally agree, I'm not sure what it is about her but I just can't take to her either. Don't think what has been reported in the media has helped either
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The voters haven't taken to her, it's obvious in the judge's desperate comments.
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree, I'm not sure what it is about her but I just can't take to her either. Don't think what has been reported in the media has helped either

this is probably it

no matter what people say, the papers can sway your opinion

i remember misha b and danyl being destroyed by the media and both of them under performed and could have gone further if they came across differently imo
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    smurftc wrote: »
    Its my opinion ok !! which I am entitled to.. I find her false.

If you cant stand what I say... no need to comment really! If you dont like peoples opinions dont read them... simples:;)

Of course you are, I never said you weren't. I just disagree with your opinion which is my own opinion which I am perfectly entitled to talk about. There isn't a rule here saying I can't disagree with someone else's views. And all I said was that I don't agree that Tamera is false.
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member

Alexandra won the show with a bit of personality. It won't hold Tamera back.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    achro wrote: »
    The voters haven't taken to her, it's obvious in the judge's desperate comments.

Definitely : I get the distinct impression she's not doing all that well in the voting.
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it any surprise that you can't take to her?

Into drugs, boasts about it online
    Steals
    Beats random people up because she's jealous of 'em

No wonder she reserves her personality - she's probably been told to do so because it's ugly as can be. They know she'll blow her chances of even getting close to the final if she's herself.

She's scum and the show is just as bad for promoting someone like her. They know she could possibly make them a bit of quick cash though, so sweep her (recent) past under the carpet. Pathetic.
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice isn't even that great...

Leona and Alexandra are much better. Sam Bailey also has a better voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »
    Beautiful girl, great voice but something about her that I just cannot take to.... :o

There is a falseness that I find uncomfortable..

I remembered in week 3 even her Candyman's performance regarding Alex Burke that MANY people on here said exactly the same thing and guess what...she won the show. I think there is more to come from Tamera. Personally she did a fab job tonight but I agreed with Gary regarding her trying to impersonate Beyonce....personally I thought Alex's rendition was out of this world and did it her own way!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course you are, I never said you weren't. I just disagree with your opinion which is my own opinion which I am perfectly entitled to talk about. There isn't a rule here saying I can't disagree with someone else's views. And all I said was that I don't agree that Tamera is false.

I think you will find that you said you cant stand the things people say !!!

your opinion is fine if it differs from mine....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    She's my favourite. Beautiful voice and stunning girl but her performance tonight showed she is lacking something. She sounded good but just did not compare to alexandra Burke 's version. Such a shame she has disappeared when only now do I appreciate how talented she is
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    I remembered in week 3 even her Candyman's performance regarding Alex Burke that MANY people on here said exactly the same thing and guess what...she won the show. I think there is more to come from Tamera. Personally she did a fab job tonight but I agreed with Gary regarding her trying to impersonate Beyonce....personally I thought Alex's rendition was out of this world and did it her own way!!!

Alex was a much more experienced singer than Tamera though.

I think Tamera is good enough overall to make it in the real world - she looks great and she CAN sing. She just hasn't got her own interpretation yet. She's still very young but has everything going for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Tamera is good enough overall to make it in the real world - she looks great and she CAN sing. She just hasn't got her own interpretation yet. She's still very young but has everything going for her.

I agree that Alex had a lot of experience before she entered in 2008. In between 2005 and 2008 she had experience going to different places to perform in small clubs and bars - Tamera didn't have that and is trying to find her own way
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't think Tamera is connecting at all through her performances. I knew how that performance was gonna go before she stepped out; look stunning, sing well, loads of diva mannerisms and playing the part correctly but theres still just something not right there...
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Alex only got that experience because she spent her time working hard for it instead of shoplifting from Boots.

Alex is trending on Twitter for her Listen performance. Tamera's was just a standard performance, it wasn't that great imo.
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just looking at her i really can't believe she's 16
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    I thought she was fantastic tonight BUT the song was too big for her at this early stage of the competition

I think it was too big for her to do at all. It started off so well, but the transition note into the first chorus was completely off and as was the huge note into the final chorus. I just watched the performance back (after watching Alexandra's performance of the same song) and realised it really was not that good after she went into the first chorus! I much preferred her performance last week, so much more controlled with her voice. I think Tamera has so much potential and as Nicole said during judges houses, when she is on, she is on, and tonight she was not!
  • Options
    glamfanglamfan Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    AaronWx wrote: »
    Her voice isn't even that great...

Leona and Alexandra are much better. Sam Bailey also has a better voice.

^^ This!! I do think she's good but not as good vocally as any of these - she does have the pop princess package though.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find her very shouty especially in tonight's performance
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Alexandra won the show with a bit of personality. It won't hold Tamera back.

No Alexandra won the show after she performed Listen in the live shows for the first time. It literally sealed her the win! If I am right the voting stats show that as well.

Just checked results, The week she sung was when she came top in the voting for the first time and she held onto the voters right up until she won!