Options

What's going on with the ticket website?

2»

Comments

• Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katie_p wrote: »
    If you click on the 'book now' links though, it says they are fully booked. For me anyway!

Well I assume it's another temporary glitch since I managed to put my name down after people originally said it stopped working. Hopefully it'll be back up again soon.

No need to panic yet I think :)
  • Options
    jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    alfie71 wrote: »
    Sorry to raise your hopes, it doesn't work at all for any weeks now, it says they are all sold out!!!!!

2 possibilities:

1. Their system has crashed!!!!!!!!!!!! (highly probable; SCD has been ALL over the TV today)

2. If you have ALREADY applied, their system may be reading your ISP and it shows "fully booked" to stop you making multiple applications from the same PC.

Just my 2p worth!

JJ
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Force Ten wrote: »
    Just got through on the phone and they told me not to panic - the web site has crashed again with the weight of applications. They ARE still taking applications for all shows and will continue to do so until Sept. 7th. You can get through on the phone if you're prepared to hold on, and they are hopeful the web site will be up and running again soon.

As you can see, the website HAS crashed. And you can apply more than once from the same computer because I already have!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well put it this way if the system stays crashed or they close it the BBC are going to have a lovely lot of complaints to sort through, aren't they?

They can't get away with closing it SIX days early, surely?
  • Options
    katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no way they'll close it now, they'd never get away with it. One day early, they might just pretend it hadn't happened, but not over a week early.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,932
    Forum Member
    I spoke to someone on the phone earlier and they said they would fix it this weekend. They said it was an error and that we can definitely still book. Something tells me that about 100000 people have already booked for each date though lol.
  • Options
    katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I spoke to someone on the phone earlier and they said they would fix it this weekend. They said it was an error and that we can definitely still book. Something tells me that about 100000 people have already booked for each date though lol.
    :( I was hoping this might be my year!

Oh well, I'll just hope that DS is represented each week instead, at least that way we'll get our spoilers!
  • Options
    Tango TrishTango Trish Posts: 1,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only booked this evening - around 8.30pm absolutely no problem - got confirmation email and everything
  • Options
    angelacangelac Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried and all dates were available.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Yup, just logged on and applied. No probs here...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup. me too - I just applied for 29 November and it said I would get a confirmation email.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    I've just applied for any Saturday in November and have got my confirmation emails.....fingers crossed!!!