Cheryl Cole - how can one person's life be filled with so much drama?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This isn't a bashing thread, just to be clear. I'm pretty neutral on Cheryl these days (although the media obsession with her is bizarre to me, but I accept she's popular with the masses, so...) but I was thinking about all the stuff that's happened to her over the last few years and it's pretty amazing one person can have so much drama in their life in a relatively short space of time.

She's had Ashley cheating on her twice, the hiring and firing XF USA farce, and most recently this car crash with Will.I.Am. Even her mini-me, Cher Lloyd, turned on her.

While I don't think any of these incidents were faked or staged, I do think the drama that seems to constantly surround Cheryl is at very odd levels even for a celeb. I think she milks it, like when she was pictured back in the UK with her arm in a sling and described as bruised and bleeding, yet only days later she appears perfectly fine as she drives her new boyfriend around.

Do we think it's mainly the press making mountains out of molehills and not really under Cheryl's control, or does she go out of her way to be seen as some sort of media heroine? I'm leaning more and more towards the latter, and I wonder what kind of drama she'll find herself wrapped in next.

I guess as long as people are talking about her - like with this thread - either way it is very beneficial to her.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Don't forget the Malaria.
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the toilet attendant incident either....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    It's not, Tweedy's just an expert at milking any situation and loves playing a professional victim. Her life isn't dramatic, she's just a dramatic princess.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people just create drama wherever they go, and seize on any opportunity to make a mountain out of a molehill...
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the toilet attendant incident either....

In other breaking news man has discovered a contraption that rolls and he is thinking he might call it a wheel
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's mainly the press making situations bigger than what they are.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »
    In other breaking news man has discovered a contraption that rolls and he is thinking he might call it a wheel

:D:D
    This is hilarious.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think that her life is any more dramatic than anyone else's.
    She has,however,clearly mastered the art of portraying herself as the perpetual victim,presumably to make up for a distinct lack of talent,wit or personality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Or, to put things another way; woman has cheating ex, woman loses temporary job, woman has an accident, woman is sneered at by ungrateful work experience kid at work, woman gets ill on holiday.

All stuff that happens to thousands of women every day but without the benefit of media reporting. She's just living a normal (though glittery) life.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »

I think that's possibly the best response to that i've ever seen :D
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nyota wrote: »
    While I don't think any of these incidents were faked or staged, I do think the drama that seems to constantly surround Cheryl is at very odd levels even for a celeb. I think she milks it, like when she was pictured back in the UK with her arm in a sling and described as bruised and bleeding, yet only days later she appears perfectly fine as she drives her new boyfriend around.

I think a huge amount of it is carefully managed and calculated - havent we said all this at times about peter andre, posh spice, Jade Goody, katie price, chantelle and alex. I don't think its the press doing it, i think there is an effort both ways and she and her management will be complicit.

For an example of how this is all possible. There were some documentaries on Jade at the time she was dying when they were deliberately spinning up publicity for her to make money for the kids and they even showed her making deals with the paps and things.

I'd say the sling was faked - just a hunch. No proof. I'd say the boyfriends are faked and really friends and both get publicity for it, again just my opinion.

The Cher Lloyd thing. I think that was set up, but not by Cheryls people, more from Cher's knowing that would get Cher publicity. She played Chezza at her own game lol

I'm not bashing her, its more interesting to me. In reality, as much as her fans deny there's anything peculiar, its actually her job to stay visible and what they are doing seems to be working.
  • HelloRainHelloRain Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney Spears - now THAT'S been a dramatic life.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That car crash was so staged. The cameras were there in minutes with photos of her posing with her bleeding nose and looking dazed into the cameras. Then more photos of her in a sling at the airport when apparently she was 'treated at the scene' and was seemingly uninjured. So staged.

Most of these incidents have been staged or hyped up by the press and her team. True drama would be someone like Britney or Lindsay Lohan....the latter's life is like an ongoing reality TV show.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    That car crash was so staged. The cameras were there in minutes with photos of her posing with her bleeding nose and looking dazed into the cameras. Then more photos of her in a sling at the airport when apparently she was 'treated at the scene' and was seemingly uninjured. So staged.

Most of these incidents have been staged or hyped up by the press and her team. True drama would be someone like Britney or Lindsay Lohan....the latter's life is like an ongoing reality TV show.

Yep, but don't know why they chose to set up "car crash"?
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Yep, but don't know why they chose to set up "car crash"?

I don't think her latest single has been doing that well, and since she can no longer milk her marriage, I suspect she had to take drastic measures to try and create some sympathy for her.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She clearly has a deal of some kind with xposurephotos, the new pics yet again by them. She's obviously telling them where she'll be and sharing the proceeds of the pics.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2199203/Cheryl-Cole-hops-drivers-seat-gives-new-beau-Tre-Holloway-lift.html
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you're all fascinated by her - enough to post here and vent your spleen - so that kind of answers your own questions, doesn't it?

Can't ignore her, can you? :D
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does everybody hate her

I dont get it. Her being in the papers all the time can be annoying but then again she doesnt print the pages
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the point of this thread? There are celebs with a lot more colourful pasts (Britney for starters)

Nice to see that the usual posters haven't been able to resist commenting their usual generic crap :rolleyes: Predictable, bless :D

One in particular is posting on the Daily Fail under the name Scherzingersthebest - you couldn't make it up :D:D:D
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are called publicity stunts. Nothing that new.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RE: The poster who is using the Daily Fail forum under the name Scherzingersthebest - look at the past history and see how many times the person changes their name :eek::D

Seriously - bonkers :o I mean this very sincerely, get some help, you know who you are..............
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yikes - what's with the sudden backlash in the last few replies? I think it's clear in my OP that I'm not bashing, let alone "hating"...it astounds me how quick some are to tear up the most innocent posts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she could sing I think people would 'get' the adoration and fascination, fact is she's pretty average. Very attractive though, If you are into small skinny people with loads of make up on.

I here she's been saying her latest single 'screw you' is about Simon Cowell. Interesting.
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnHughes wrote: »
    If she could sing I think people would 'get' the adoration and fascination, fact is she's pretty average. Very attractive though, If you are into small skinny people with loads of make up on.

I here she's been saying her latest single 'screw you' is about Simon Cowell. Interesting.

... Was the original demo called "I Screwed You" (To Get A Job That I Then Lost)"? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... Was the original demo called "I Screwed You" (To Get A Job That I Then Lost)"? :D

Na, you're getting her mixed up with Dannii ;);):D