Options

Questions for Rylan fans..................

patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Genuinely would love to hear some honest answers on this. I fully accept that this latest farce is fully Ch5's responsibility and not really surprising, given the direction they have taken the programme in.

However, I distinctly remember Rylan bleating on at some point about how he has watched Big Brother for years and 'like, oh my god, can't believe he's, like, actually in the howwse' etc.

Now, I've watched the show for years and I understand the basic premise - as have most of you on here. Do you think he's even a teeny tiny bit culpable in this monumental act of deception?

Comments

• Options
    Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Genuinely would love to hear some honest answers on this. I fully accept that this latest farce is fully Ch5's responsibility and not really surprising, given the direction they have taken the programme in.

However, I distinctly remember Rylan bleating on at some point about how he has watched Big Brother for years and 'like, oh my god, can't believe he's, like, actually in the howwse' etc.

Now, I've watched the show for years and I understand the basic premise - as have most of you on here. Do you think he's even a teeny tiny bit culpable in this monumental act of deception?

Sorry have just logged on - which particular act of deception are you referring?
  • Options
    Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, my name is Sharon and I'm a Rylan fan.

He's not culpable at all, it's something that would have been negotiated between his management and BB producers.

He maybe should have said that he didn't think it was appropriate, but he's so eager to be on tv and be famous that he would agree to anything, in my opinion.
  • Options
    GiovanGiovan Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry have just logged on - which particular act of deception are you referring?

You haven't heard???

Rylan has been leaving the house every week to do x factor rehearsals.
  • Options
    lolacolalolacola Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Is he actually leaving the house or is he going into the task room to learn his routine with dancers?
  • Options
    GiovanGiovan Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lolacola wrote: »
    Is he actually leaving the house or is he going into the task room to learn his routine with dancers?

He has a driver that takes him so the task room looks unlikely.
  • Options
    kc64kc64 Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    No I don't accept that he's culpable. He has a contractual obligation to the X Factor tour and that would have been taken into account in any negotations between his management and the BB production team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, you accept he negotiated a deal whereby the viewers would be deceived - but you think that's OK?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Giovan wrote: »

I would guess that someone from bb goes with him to make sure he isn't watching any of the show while he's out. By the way he acted with last nights task I would guess he isn't being told what's going on with the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,918
    Forum Member
    You haven't heard???

Why muddy the waters with exaggeration. Its been said he left every sunday, there has only been 3 sundays, i doubt he went anywhere 1st sunday, and yesterday the snow was awful that way, so dounbt he went anywhere that sunday especially since they were rehearsing in Sheffield.
    I find it strange none of the XFactor lot have tweeted about Rylan being with them, in fact Ella and Christopher tweeted they cant wait for Rylan to join them the other day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So, you accept he negotiated a deal whereby the viewers would be deceived - but you think that's OK?

you know my stance on outsider contact Patsy, its a big fat NO NO, but i dont see how Rylan is culpable, how would he know that BB havent told us ?
    Also it was mentioned in the house last week during the basement task argument.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mardymoo wrote: »
    Why muddy the waters with exaggeration. Its been said he left every sunday, there has only been 3 sundays, i doubt he went anywhere 1st sunday, and yesterday the snow was awful that way, so dounbt he went anywhere that sunday especially since they were rehearsing in Sheffield.
    I find it strange none of the XFactor lot have tweeted about Rylan being with them, in fact Ella and Christopher tweeted they cant wait for Rylan to join them the other day.

Good point. I wouldn't think it's possible for everyone to keep quiet about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gillian had a driver to take her from the house to BOTS part of the complex.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just trying to find where I said that ..... :rolleyes:

As I said, I don't imagine he had anything to do with negotiating the deal.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kc64 wrote: »
    No I don't accept that he's culpable. He has a contractual obligation to the X Factor tour and that would have been taken into account in any negotations between his management and the BB production team.

If he is such an honourable and honest person as he keeps telling us why enter the BB house at all, if he has contractual obligations elsewhere then they must be honoured. A person would hardly not go to their job to work for another company for a week or so. Rylan could have always entered the next edition of CBB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you know my stance on outsider contact Patsy, its a big fat NO NO, but i dont see how Rylan is culpable, how would he know that BB havent told us ?
    Also it was mentioned in the house last week during the basement task argument.

Hey Mardy. :) My point is that he's a big BB fan - according to himself. Us BB fans, as you say, consider outside contact a big fat NO NO. For that reason, I don't think he thinks BB have told the viewers. It wouldn't be Big Brother if someone was allowed to leave and come back routinely - he knows that, surely, as a fan. Also, there's the fact that he's not discussing the rehearsals at all, at least not that we can see; and then there's his mini panic attack pre-eviction at the prospect of what people think of him outside. Well, he's been outside - he should know.
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    Firstly, my name is Sharon and I'm a Rylan fan.

He's not culpable at all, it's something that would have been negotiated between his management and BB producers.

He maybe should have said that he didn't think it was appropriate, but he's so eager to be on tv and be famous that he would agree to anything, in my opinion.
    Just trying to find where I said that ..... :rolleyes:

As I said, I don't imagine he had anything to do with negotiating the deal.

Please, please don't roll your eyes at me. I have a rule about ceasing the discussion once :rolleyes: comes out.

You said that the deal was negotiated between his management and the BB producers. Are you suggesting that he knew nothing about it?

edit - also, why do you think that post was addressed at you, specifically? It didn't quote your post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please, please don't roll your eyes at me. I have a rule about ceasing the discussion once :rolleyes: comes out.

You said that the deal was negotiated between his management and the BB producers. Are you suggesting that he knew nothing about it?

I assumed you were responding to everyone maybe???

If you had read the next paragraph on my response (see below)...you might have noticed where I acknowledge that he probably did know about it.

"He maybe should have said that he didn't think it was appropriate, but he's so eager to be on tv and be famous that he would agree to anything, in my opinion".

And please, please don't tell me which smilies I can and cannot use. ;)
  • Options
    kc64kc64 Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    If he is such an honourable and honest person as he keeps telling us why enter the BB house at all, if he has contractual obligations elsewhere then they must be honoured. A person would hardly not go to their job to work for another company for a week or so. Rylan could have always entered the next edition of CBB.

Yes and he's honouring those obligations. The final decision as to whether he went into the house this series (or not) would have been down to the BB production/legal team. If they didn't think it was right that he was obliged to attend rehearsals, they wouldn't have let him take part. End of.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kc64 wrote: »
    Yes and he's honouring those obligations. The final decision as to whether he went into the house this series (or not) would have been down to the BB production/legal team. If they didn't think it was right that he was obliged to attend rehearsals, they wouldn't have let him take part. End of.

But that is assuming Rylan had no input into the decision, which I think is a point that no one can actually clarify. Unless his agent is lurking:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey Mardy. :) My point is that he's a big BB fan - according to himself. Us BB fans, as you say, consider outside contact a big fat NO NO. For that reason, I don't think he thinks BB have told the viewers. It wouldn't be Big Brother if someone was allowed to leave and come back routinely - he knows that, surely, as a fan. Also, there's the fact that he's not discussing the rehearsals at all, at least not that we can see; and then there's his mini panic attack pre-eviction at the prospect of what people think of him outside. Well, he's been outside - he should know.

But we dont know he has been outside ? no XFactor contestant has tweeted he was with them at rehearsals, no press has said he is rehearsing with the others., which i find very strange if he had.
    Im sure i never dreamt it when i heard either Frankie or Razor tell Rylan to not stress and go enjoy his rehearsal when Speidi came up for the basement task and they we all arguing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed you were responding to everyone maybe???

If you had read the next paragraph on my response (see below)...you might have noticed where I acknowledge that he probably did know about it.

"He maybe should have said that he didn't think it was appropriate, but he's so eager to be on tv and be famous that he would agree to anything, in my opinion".

And please, please don't tell me which smilies I can and cannot use. ;)

Bit in bold - ah well, that's OK then..........................
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not Rylan's fault the blame lies with the producers. He saw an opportunity and took it.

The BB producers are really scraping the barrel now. Obviously they are finding it very hard to find real celebrities that actually want to come on this show. It looks likely to me that Ryan/Toadie is only here to promote Neighbours on Channel 5. He's probably getting paid for doing that.

The producers must think we are all desperate to see peeps from other RTV shows eg. X-factor/Towie or perhaps these people are just cheap to hire?
  • Options
    Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You haven't heard???

Thanks Giovan. I did see some threads but thought it must've been another deception that was so monumental.:confused:

Can't really see the big deception myself. Not these days anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But we dont know he has been outside ? no XFactor contestant has tweeted he was with them at rehearsals, no press has said he is rehearsing with the others., which i find very strange if he had.
    Im sure i never dreamt it when i heard either Frankie or Razor tell Rylan to not stress and go enjoy his rehearsal when Speidi came up for the basement task and they we all arguing.

I don't think he's been outside the complex - but you'd never know with this sham of an operation :D

The point is about outside contact on a regular basis. A singing/dance rehearsal is quite a lengthy, personal interaction. Completely goes against the spirit of Big Brother and should not have happened or, perhaps, should have been flagged in advance. Mind you, had it been flagged, I think there'd have been uproar from the hardcore fans. It's a bit of a joke; but then so is the whole show since it moved to 5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Giovan. I did see some threads but thought it must've been another deception that was so monumental.:confused:

Can't really see the big deception myself. Not these days anyway.

My tongue is firmly in my cheek - where it usually resides. I'm finding the whole thing absolutely hilarious.
  • Options
    Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    I was warming to Rylan over the last few day and that was mainly due to being anti Speidi. This just seems dodgy and not cool. I think it's sad that a show that was supposed to be about celebrities has devolved into feud between reality stars. I don't think either should win at this point but one of them probably will. I'll probably keep watching but BB and CBB just aren't the same fun anymore.