Love this Oscars Selfie!

2»

Comments

• Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    I meant before 2003. I'm thinking that Viola Davis should have won for The Help? That was fairly recent.

The lack of leading roles has an awful lot to do with it. Viola Davis is a superb actress and should be a go-to in the way that her big name white contemporaries (Bullock, Roberts, Blanchett etc) are. Instead, she's left with 'black' roles because she's still seen as a black actress, rather than an actress.

Bottom line, if they're not getting the roles, then they can't get the nominations or the awards.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really REALLY don't get the fuss over that (quite badly taken) photo.

Seeing as I only recognise three of those people, and that's after racking my brain, I suppose it's not aimed at me anyway.

I recognise Bradley Cooper on the front, Ellen Degeneras (sp?) just behind him in the white suit, Meryl Streep just behind her also in white, Jennifer Lawrence stood up in the red next to Meryl, I think its Jared Leto who is partially in shot off the left, Julia Roberts stood behind Meryl, Kevin Spacey to the right behind Julia, Brad Pitt, then Lupita (Oscar winner) just behind Brad and then Angelina Jolie waving.

The only 2 people I don't recognise is the guy stood next to Julia and the black guy in glasses
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I recognise Bradley Cooper on the front, Ellen Degeneras (sp?) just behind him in the white suit, Meryl Streep just behind her also in white, Jennifer Lawrence stood up in the red next to Meryl, I think its Jared Leto who is partially in shot off the left, Julia Roberts stood behind Meryl, Kevin Spacey to the right behind Julia, Brad Pitt, then Lupita (Oscar winner) just behind Brad and then Angelina Jolie waving.

The only 2 people I don't recognise is the guy stood next to Julia and the black guy in glasses

the guy next to julia was channing tatum and the black guy was lupita's brother i think
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    This is the selfie video, excuse the quality
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yax_M_OoOGg
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hattie McDaniel won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar 75 years ago for Gone With the Wind. Whoopi Goldberg won a Best Supporting Oscar for Ghost in 1990, Halle Beery won a Best Actress Oscar in 2001 for Monsters Ball, and Jennifer Hudson won a Best Supporting Oscar in 2006 for Dreamgirls.

Indeed!

Along with supporting actress wins for Mo'Nique and Octavia Spencer.

As for the selfie pic, Lupita's brother will have plenty to talk about with his mates.:D
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Best Actress Oscar I meant. 80 years is a stupidly long time.

A black actress didn't win that this year either. Cate Blanchett won best actress. So the clock is still ticking...
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member

I recognised Meryl, Brad and Ellen. I thought it was Julia Roberts because of the huge mouth, but wasn't sure. I thought the girl on the left was Britney Spears and wondered why she was there! I don't know the others and didn't recognise Angelina or Kevin (he looks like Bob Mortimer!)
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I quite liked the pic but this one from the back made me really laugh, poor Liza:D

http://dlisted.com/2014/03/03/open-post-hosted-by-liza-trying-to-get-in-ellens-oscars-group-picture/
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    When I was a young lad, a 'selfie' was something that happened in private (and would allegedly make you go blind).

:D