Peter Andre (part 3)

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    real world wrote: »
    I agree but it's still a fact he has sold over 2.5 million records, so somebody liked him at some point.

My view is that he is just a bloke trying to earn a living without resorting to trash stories like his ex and I fail to understand why he gets so much negativity on here

I could list every reason I dislike him but you know that we'll never agree on this so it'll just end up going round in circles.

Suffice to say that I was firmly on his side at one point and definitely supported him when the split between him and his ex wife happened but I slowly started seeing through the 'great guy' act and gradually began to dislike him more and more.

I think they're too peas in the same desperate attention seeking pod, they just have different MO's. She's a loose cannon and completely out of control whereas he's far more controlled, micro managed and manipulative imo. Having had fame and lost it before, I think him and his management will do absolutely anything to cling on to what popularity he got by being in a couple who would sell every fart and, if that means gaining brownie points by making his ex look bad, then he absolutely wouldn't give it a second thought.

IMO, he's self absorbed, selfish, whiney, desperate, sly, manipulative and as fake as his ex wifes breasts - makes my teeth itch just thinking about him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    But so did Bob The Builder and he had about the same amount of musical creditability as TM.

:D that did make me laugh :D
  • real worldreal world Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    I have to disagree, I have no idea how many singles & albums he sold, when people refer to him, the majority of the time it's "Peter Andre the Mysterious Girl singer", it's never "PA TV presenter, PA Award Winning Singer"
    If someone is recognised by a song they had a number one with over 20 years ago, it doesn't scream to me " hugely successful star".

Personally the reasons I dislike him are he's very false, he forever plays the victim, he's very sly & passive aggressive, he bleats on about being private yet he has no problem with being a permanent fixture on the cover of OK, he tries to portray himself as a modest guy but in reality his ego is massive, his vanity is just bleurgh, he's an awful name dropper & would like the public to believe he's good friends with "real" celebs when the simple fact is, if he has his picture taken with a celeb at an event they suddenly become his "good friend". When his brother sadly died, the whole family were understandably devastated but yet again, Andre managed to make it all about him.
    There are many more reasons I dislike him but I'm sure you get the picture:)

Yes, get the picture, I neither like or dislike to be honets, all I see is a bloke trying to earn a crust and to that end he has done well with his limited talents.

I suppose the reason he does get tagged with the succesful artist thing will probably be because all the people who write this stuff will just look at the facts which are
    2.5 million record sales, 10 top 10 singles including 3 number ones and 3 top 10 ten albums. Its fair to say his last top 10 single was in 09 and Album in 10 but they won't look into the detail I assume.

Personaly highly succesful artists to me are the likes of New Order and Morrissey but on paper PA would look like asuccesful singer whether we share that view or not
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't erase the past though and pre KP he did sell a shed load of singles and albums. I agree his star has warned now but he still does sell out his shows albeit in smaller venues.

Really don't get the bile this guy gets as I can't work out what he has ever done wrong apart from create a brand that earns him some cash. What's wrong with that?

Shedloads is rather a relative term isn't it?
    Someone posted up there ^ somewhere that he'd sold 2.5 million albums. Now, while that may not be that bad a figure, it is over a career spanning around 20 years.
    I'm going to see a band tonight who've been going for roughly the same length of time as Tangoman, and have sold 60 million albums.

I wouldn't have thought it was that difficult to work out why he's disliked.
    This is the DS Showbiz section - and whilst he may be near the top of the unpopular famewhore tree, he certainly isn't the only z-lister to come in for regular criticism.
    I'm not going to bother going in to why I personally don't like him.
    Why should I?

Jerrybob wrote: »
    [/B]

Well exactly. I find it so bizarre the energy people waste on ridiculing the poor bloke for their own amusement, and every aspect of his life is poured over to criticise. >:(

To be honest, what you find bizarre is besides the point.
    It could be argued that it's equally bizarre to profess yourself "not a fan" of someone, but to spend an inordinate amount of time posting spirited defences of their every fart-selling.
    ( I don't mean that you do this, I mean in general, just to be clear. :) )

I agree but it's still a fact he has sold over 2.5 million records, so somebody liked him at some point.

My view is that he is just a bloke trying to earn a living without resorting to trash stories like his ex and I fail to understand why he gets so much negativity on here

But that's not completely true now is it?
    He has sold innumerable farticles about himself, his relationships, his family and his children.
    Whilst the content may not be quite as graphic as his ex-wife's, he is certainly not averse to a bit of negativity if it helps him to look good.
    He's also not averse to downright lies.
    Forum Member
    Shedloads is rather a relative term isn't it?
    Someone posted up there ^ somewhere that he'd sold 2.5 million albums. Now, while that may not be that bad a figure, it is over a career spanning around 20 years.
    I'm going to see a band tonight who've been going for roughly the same length of time as Tangoman, and have sold 60 million albums.

I wouldn't have thought it was that difficult to work out why he's disliked.
    This is the DS Showbiz section - and whilst he may be near the top of the unpopular famewhore tree, he certainly isn't the only z-lister to come in for regular criticism.
    I'm not going to bother going in to why I personally don't like him.
    Why should I?

To be honest, what you find bizarre is besides the point.
    It could be argued that it's equally bizarre to profess yourself "not a fan" of someone, but to spend an inordinate amount of time posting spirited defences of their every fart-selling.
    ( I don't mean that you do this, I mean in general, just to be clear. :) )

But that's not completely true now is it?
    He has sold innumerable farticles about himself, his relationships, his family and his children.
    Whilst the content may not be quite as graphic as his ex-wife's, he is certainly not averse to a bit of negativity if it helps him to look good.
    He's also not averse to downright lies.

If thats how he chooses to make his money - so what, why are so many people bothered, he is just providing for his family in a way that he can.

You also mentioned the reasons why he is disliked but disliked by whom? he probably has just as many who like him as dislike him, hence the number of magazine covers he does - he clearly helps sell them and clealy the TV companies think he is good value as well.

A I said i dont care either way I just find it odd that he generates such negativity between a handful of people on here, when he is just getting on with his life?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If thats how he chooses to make his money - so what, why are so many people bothered, he is just providing for his family in a way that he can.

You also mentioned the reasons why he is disliked but disliked by whom? he probably has just as many who like him as dislike him, hence the number of magazine covers he does - he clearly helps sell them and clealy the TV companies think he is good value as well.

A I said i dont care either way I just find it odd that he generates such negativity between a handful of people on here, when he is just getting on with his life?

:confused:
    If what is how he chooses to make his money?
    Selling his children's privacy?
    Lying to crappy magazines?
    If he is the successful musician you and a handful of others seem to claim he is, why can't he fund his lifestyle and provide for his family by selling records?
    Why compromise his kids' well-being, and their chance to have a normal life instead?
    Forum Member
    :confused:
    If what is how he chooses to make his money?
    Selling his children's privacy?
    Lying to crappy magazines?
    If he is the successful musician you and a handful of others seem to claim he is, why can't he fund his lifestyle and provide for his family by selling records?
    Why compromise his kids' well-being, and their chance to have a normal life instead?

But what has that got to do with you, me or anyone else - its his choice and if in later life the chidren take issue with what he has done, then again thats between them and not anyone else.

On the records front I never said he was a succesful muscian, that what writers percieve by looking at wikipidia etc and see his album sales and number 1 records. Even so, if he has made money from them are you saying he should stop making money from anything else?

Doesn't everyone want to earn more, whatever they have today?

BTW apparently he has a net worth of 16 million dollars according to a number of sites?

http://www.brw.com.au/p/sections/fyi/just_missed_the_rich_list_peter_Gzf7X7YKWgNfJJOS6Km3JL
  • Elle_JamesElle_James Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But what has that got to do with you, me or anyone else - its his choice and if in later life the chidren take issue with what he has done, then again thats between them and not anyone else.

On the records front I never said he was a succesful muscian, that what writers percieve by looking at wikipidia etc and see his album sales and number 1 records. Even so, if he has made money from them are you saying he should stop making money from anything else?

BTW apparently he has a net worth of 16 million dollars according to a number of sites?

http://www.brw.com.au/p/sections/fyi/just_missed_the_rich_list_peter_Gzf7X7YKWgNfJJOS6Km3JL

This was almost two years ago^^^. Apparently he is now well past the 20 million mark - Sorry can't link from phone. Good luck to him anyway. He's a decent guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elle_James wrote: »
    This was almost two years ago^^^. Apparently he is now well past the 20 million mark - Sorry can't link from phone. Good luck to him anyway. He's a decent guy.

So about 11 million quid then?
    How much of that is from his "music" and how much from his "other activities"?
    Decent guy?
    In your opinion maybe.
    I can't say that I've ever seen any evidence of that.
    Forum Member
    So about 11 million quid then?
    How much of that is from his "music" and how much from his "other activities"?
    Decent guy?
    In your opinion maybe.
    I can't say that I've ever seen any evidence of that.

Does it matter, fact is, he is loaded

In your opinion, yes we all have them and it's allowed
  • Elle_JamesElle_James Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, twenty million pounds, not dollars.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB 1 - If we're only supposed to post on subjects that are actually any of our business personally, then DS would have died a death years ago.

BIB 2 - Not at the expense of dignity and privacy, no.

People have a right to their opinions, right or wrong on celebs, whatever level of stardom. He sells his life for public consumption and so makes himself fair game for opinions, good or bad.
    Forum Member
    BIB 1 - If we're only supposed to post on subjects that are actually any of our business personally, then DS would have died a death years ago.

People have a right to their opinions, right or wrong on celebs, whatever level of stardom. He sells his life for public consumption and so makes himself fair game for opinions, good or bad.

I don't disagree and after reading people's comments I can see why there is a dislike of him in some quarters. Personally I think think there are far worse celebs out there who steal a living yet PA seems to cheese more people off.

Just don't get it myself but as I said in an earlier post, we all have opinions
  • JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People have a right to their opinions, right or wrong on celebs, whatever level of stardom. He sells his life for public consumption and so makes himself fair game for opinions, good or bad.[/QUOTE]

True, but if I dislike someone intensely I wouldn't waste my energy on constantly monitoring and ridiculing their every move. I would simply ignore them and concentrate on people I like. Negativity is so draining don't you think?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, get the picture, I neither like or dislike to be honets, all I see is a bloke trying to earn a crust and to that end he has done well with his limited talents.

I suppose the reason he does get tagged with the succesful artist thing will probably be because all the people who write this stuff will just look at the facts which are
    2.5 million record sales, 10 top 10 singles including 3 number ones and 3 top 10 ten albums. Its fair to say his last top 10 single was in 09 and Album in 10 but they won't look into the detail I assume.

Personaly highly succesful artists to me are the likes of New Order and Morrissey but on paper PA would look like asuccesful singer whether we share that view or not

No he wouldn't.

If you invite the public to witness your every fart and regularly appear on the cover of downmarket trash mags like OK and accept money for these photoshoots then it's got a lot to do with 'us'. We are the public who he is insisting should take notice so he must expect feedback. If nobody commented he wouldn't have a 'career', surely?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People have a right to their opinions, right or wrong on celebs, whatever level of stardom. He sells his life for public consumption and so makes himself fair game for opinions, good or bad.[/QUOTE]

True, but if I dislike someone intensely I wouldn't waste my energy on constantly monitoring and ridiculing their every move. I would simply ignore them and concentrate on people I like. Negativity is so draining don't you think?

I've seen you comment quite negatively on Katie Price to be fair so I guess we're all guilty as charged.
  • JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elle_James wrote: »

Can well believe that. People forget he has a property portfolio both here and in Australia and Cyprus, as well as businesses here and in Australia. Then of course there is all his tv/media work. Good luck to him - he works hard, decent guy, beautiful family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No idea as I'm a pretty positive person and don't feel drained. I find TM amusing in his ridiculousness and that entertains me. Mine not be your humour but then each to their own. I've seen posts on here described as hilarious that I think are as funny as a bad bout of piles but that's life and people have their own opinions and their own reasons for posting.

But that's all way off topic as we're here to discuss the thread subjects and not the posting habits of others
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can well believe that. People forget he has a property portfolio both here and in Australia and Cyprus, as well as businesses here and in Australia. Then of course there is all his tv/media work. Good luck to him - he works hard, decent guy, beautiful family.

Do you work for CAN?
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, that's even worse, isn't it? If he really is as rich as all that, then what possible motivation does he have for selling his and his family's private lives to anybody who'll pay? Pure greed? A desperate desire to be famous at any cost? Either is low, grubby and very far from decent.
  • peonypotpeonypot Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

WORKS HARD!...dont make me laugh! That needy lump wouldnt have the slightest idea what hard work is, he is astonishingly lazy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peonypot wrote: »
    WORKS HARD!...dont make me laugh! That needy lump wouldnt have the slightest idea what hard work is, he is astonishingly lazy!

exactly peonypot,he like many zelebs has a entourage of enablers to do things for him-a nanny,a housekeeper,a driver,a manager -all these plus many more make sure hes where he supposed to be with hair quiffed every day (i forgot about his hairdresser brother) -
    and Petey cannot even get that right as hes more than often late!,
    His manager used to pack his suit case for him but i expect that's down to shyandprivateems nowadays-like many zelebs he just has to make sure he looks pretty :D
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i thought he bought this perfume out a while ago?
    what's wrong -Is Claire still tripping over boxes of it at the CAN barn so has summonsed Petey to offload some more by offering to sign them for his fans ;-)
    Forum Member
    No he wouldn't.

If you invite the public to witness your every fart and regularly appear on the cover of downmarket trash mags like OK and accept money for these photoshoots then it's got a lot to do with 'us'. We are the public who he is insisting should take notice so he must expect feedback. If nobody commented he wouldn't have a 'career', surely?

So in 20 years somebody pointed to him and said to a mate, do you know, a few years back that bloke sold 2.5 million records and had 10 top ten singles and some top 10 albums, they would say he was successful or not successful.

Look beyond the fact it's PA, if anyone said that to me or most other people I reckon they would say that he had been succesful
This discussion has been closed.