Any ideas what will replace Bid and Price drop?

124»

Comments

• pinballmadpinballmad Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    bonanaza boanaza has replace price drop tv on freeview on winterhill transmiter 64
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the only channel on Freesat that I would like on Freeview. There are a few music channels on that format, but they don't look particulary interesting.

I think the horror channel would fill a niche on freeview. It not just horror films, it's a channel dedicated to 'cult entertainment'.

With all the 'general entertainment' channels, a cult channel would be a nice addition....
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It not just horror films, it's a channel dedicated to 'cult entertainment'.
    If it includes stuff like 'The Twilight Zone' and 'Tales of the Unexpected', then count me in. :)
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horror and CBS Action would be good additions to freeview and would probably do well.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Horror and CBS Action would be good additions to freeview and would probably do well.

I'd definitely watch both of em! :)
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    The Community Channel has taken bid's old broadcast hours. Now on air 0300-0000.

At least until Arqiva rents out the slot*...

*The Community Channel is a charitable organisation and receives free airtime, according to its website. It's hours have in the past been extended on Freeview on a temporary basis, filling otherwise vacant bandwidth.
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    The Community Channel has taken bid's old broadcast hours. Now on air 0300-0000.

At least until Arqiva rents out the slot*...

*The Community Channel is a charitable organisation and receives free airtime, according to its website. It's hours have in the past been extended on Freeview on a temporary basis, filling otherwise vacant bandwidth.
    so do you no what's has happen to they old hours.
  • kjhskj75kjhskj75 Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinballmad wrote: »
    bonanaza boanaza has replace price drop tv on freeview on winterhill transmiter 64

No, that's on the local multiplex.
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Community Channel came on in the late afternoon. Null packets on ARQA were reduced significantly at that point.

Source: http://en.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.php?liste=1&live=9&lang=en&mux=ARQA
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes the slot on LCN109 from COM7 pretty superfluous as it's only upscaled SD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so do you no what's has happen to they old hours.
    What "old hours"?
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I notice that some programmes are scheduled to cross the midnight boundary, does this mean that on Freeview at the stroke of midnight someone just 'pulls the plug' on them so to speak?
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    What "old hours"?
    3am to 8am
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3am to 8am

The Community Channel still use 3am-8am the old hours from bid are on the same stream.
  • epsilonepsilon Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizman wrote: »
    I notice that some programmes are scheduled to cross the midnight boundary, does this mean that on Freeview at the stroke of midnight someone just 'pulls the plug' on them so to speak?

Effectively yes, although it is all automated. The video/audio etc streams used by Community Channel are removed at midnight and replaced with an off-air MHEG slate. A few seconds later the video/audio streams of Party channel become active. Community Channel and Party share capacity on the multiplex, so can't have streams active at the same time.
  • technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    Makes the slot on LCN109 from COM7 pretty superfluous as it's only upscaled SD.

But both are donated .... Thanks to Arqiva who I am sure are looking for paying customers
    And how long is red bee going to sustain SD playout ?
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first time in a decade I've been able to check out the community channel. Not bad stuff. It'd be alright in a proper daytime slot. Between 9.00 and 6.00, maybe.....
  • Peter_JaraiPeter_Jarai Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    ITV Encore is meant to be coming soon?

i belive that ITV ENCROE will take freeveiw LCN 23 as soon as the deal ends with Sky:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    i belive that ITV ENCROE will take freeveiw LCN 23 as soon as the deal ends with Sky:)

Going to be ITVBe is it not?
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Channel 23 is assigned to local TV in Scotland and Wales.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 23 is assigned to local TV in Scotland and Wales.
    And will not be used in England.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as ITV's business model these days seems to rely very much upon paywalls, I doubt that very much
  • mseven1mseven1 Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Seeing as ITV's business model these days seems to rely very much upon paywalls, I doubt that very much

ITVBe will be free to air and ITV encore would have been probably more Sky's support that made it happen because a company like ITV having a channel part of Sky's subscription packages would mean more subscribers and so Sky would be giving ITV a large portion of the subscription money to keep it on Sky only and making up for the lower advertising money due to lower viewers.

ITV Encore is the only channel that ITV has that's only subscription and the only planned subscription channel ITV has, there are also ITV HD channels that are part of a subscription but that's because they're expensive to run and HD channels need money from subscriptions to pay for the channel.