Options

Marvel or DC comics?

mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
Forum Member
✭✭✭
DC has the best heroes i think, but marvel has the best villains...
Which one do you prefer?

i have to go with marvel

Comments

• Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Marvel but I also like DC. Which is best?? There's only one way to find out...... Fiiiiiiiight!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure either company has the better characters overall. I tend to like the more minor characters, so in terms of villains I'm a fan of characters like Marvel's Headmen, Ani-Men and the Mandrill, but then DC had the Rainbow Raider, Menagerie Man, and Beau Baer, the Ringmaster...decisions, decisions...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I was a Marvel fanboy for the longest time but found myslef reading more and more DC and Indie stuff. Not that I stoppped buying the marvel stuff.

Nowdays its a happy medium in terms of what I read but Marvel seem to milk certain characters.

Iron Man Armour Wars is always worth a re-read!!!
  • Options
    EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always liked Marvel stuff better but I think Batman is the coolest character out of the two universes
  • Options
    FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DC for me most of the time, but I'm steering towards indies more too. Memoir and Infinite Vacation are two recent indies that are really impressing me (IV2 seems to be delayed, though!). Halcyon could've been fantastic if I could've found issues 2 and 3:p.

I do dabble in the odd bit of Marvel - I keep up with Captain America and I read the Super Soldier mini-series, and I'm trying to get through X-Factor at the moment, but there's not much else that takes my fancy. With DC I'm keeping up with Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Flash, Superboy, Teen Titans, Weird Worlds, and I'm waiting on the first couple of issues of Batwoman too.
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the 60's Marvel tended towards more "realism" and some of the DC stuff was a little silly for me.

Think its balanced out over time and I've always had time for Batman.

I think both have suffered from overcomplicating their universes in recent times and continuity ihas been a mess. Favour the less mainstream nowadays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    mialicious wrote: »
    DC has the best heroes i think, but marvel has the best villains...
    Which one do you prefer?

i have to go with marvel

I've collected comics since 1966 when I was 8 years old. At first I bought both DC and Marvel without any preference. Due to the Power comics reprints I got introduced to more Marvel characters and started buying Marvel almost exclusively. Still loved the Legion and the JLA though.

Migrated to DC when Kirby moved and collected them exclusively. I'm not sure why I couldn't read both companies at the same time back then.

Went back to Marvel when they did those snazzy covers with a border round them and did a one month double sized edition of each title. They hired some excellent writers at this time and I stayed with them until about the time of Giant Sized X-Men #1, when suddenly I started to collect both Marvel & DC.

I still collect both but DC seem to have more titles that I enjoy. Plus, there is all the other company titles to try. Comic collecting is a very expensive hobby these days.