Options

Refusal to bury Boston Bomber

maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
Forum Member
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/06/uncle-arranging-boston-bomb-suspects-burial-rites/2138277/

I pity the poor funeral director who is left to deal with this problem, he has a point, someone's got to bury him.

Comments

• Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..So they can dump Osama at sea without a word to anybody and yet they want a proper burial for this guy? ...suuure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ..So they can dump Osama at sea without a word to anybody and yet they want a proper burial for this guy? ...suuure.

Osama was a whole other kettle of fish though. If we were to judge everyone on their crimes when it comes to burying them where would it stop?
  • Options
    SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    What do they do to people who carry out mass killings (with guns) and then kill themselves?

The same rules should apply, surely.
  • Options
    TheBillyTheBilly Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Why doesn't he get cremated? :confused:
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osama was a whole other kettle of fish though. If we were to judge everyone on their crimes when it comes to burying them where would it stop?

A Terrorist is a Terrorist, Osama had family just like this guy who would have liked to have given him a proper burial too.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is so ridiculous. I hope they will find a place for him. A pity that he can't be cremated. It'd have solved the dilemma.

Edited:
    TheBilly wrote: »

Muslims can't be cremated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Osama Bin Laden was buried at sea in order to avoid creating a shrine for his followers. Cemeteries, I'm sure, are declining to accept the bombers body onto their plots so to avoid vandalism, which in turn would cost them money.
  • Options
    PPhilsterPPhilster Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/06/uncle-arranging-boston-bomb-suspects-burial-rites/2138277/

I pity the poor funeral director who is left to deal with this problem, he has a point, someone's got to bury him.

I say send his body to where he came from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TheBilly wrote: »

think it's to do with his religion.
    Takae wrote: »
    This is so ridiculous. I hope they will find a place for him. A pity that he can't be cremated. It'd have solved the dilemma.

I think even if he could get cremated then crematoriums might be taking the same stand. Don't understand why this problem hasn't came up before, after all, he's not the first (and doubt he'll be the last) to commit a heinous crime.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »

Muslims can't be cremated.
    Nice superpower to have
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Nice superpower to have

Sometimes I just simply, purely and ****ing love the English language. :D
  • Options
    Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought muslims are supposed to be buried within 24 hours?
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I do think it's a odd case while I can see the funeral directors POV they do have to do something with his body.

He won't be the first funeral director who has to bury someone they don't want to because of what they have done.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,029
    Forum Member
    I may be being dumb but why not just bury him under an alias and in a place that only his family know? That way he gets buried and his family, if they wish too, have a place to go
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I may be being dumb but why not just bury him under an alias and in a place that only his family know? That way he gets buried and his family, if they wish too, have a place to go

I would have thought this is the best solution
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

I think because if it ever came out then it could cause a outcry.

When it comes to stuff like this I think other people may kick up a stink I can see people complaining that they don't want them buried next to or near their loved one.
  • Options
    mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Refusal to bury bombing SUSPECT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mackara wrote: »
    Refusal to bury bombing SUSPECT.

Ermm, yeah...ok
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will he be left just to rot then.
  • Options
    mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ermm, yeah...ok

well, he has yet to be convicted of the crime as does his brother, we would not want the Americans going down the British road of locking alleged bombers up under false police information just to keep the media and the general public happy.
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cremation wasn't an issue for the 911 terrorists - either for themselves or the muslims within the buildings. The same goes for all the incineration due to conflict in the Middle East. Why not just have the body cremated and the ashes given to the family.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing there weren't protests and general kicking off over Timothy McVeigh's burial arrangements, for example.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    MrQuike wrote: »
    Cremation wasn't an issue for the 911 terrorists - either for themselves or the muslims within the buildings. The same goes for all the incineration due to conflict in the Middle East. Why not just have the body cremated and the ashes given to the family.

Obviously there's a joke in there somewhere, I'm failing to see it though.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So its against this nutters religion to be cremated but its not against this nutters religion to blow innocent people up and murder them???? :confused::rolleyes:

What a crazy world!!!
  • Options
    JunipertJunipert Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing there weren't protests and general kicking off over Timothy McVeigh's burial arrangements, for example.

He was executed in prison and his ashes were given to his lawyer to be scattered in an undisclosed place.