'Unpopular' Celebrities you kinda like

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Andre. I don't go out of my way to watch him but when I do see him he comes across as a decent kind of guy. :o
  • livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Victoria Beckham. I must be in a very small minority who prefer her to her husband

Edited to add Russell Brand. I know he's not liked on here but I love him.

I've got tickets to see him in December and I can't wait :D

I don't mind Victoria, she's ok. I adore Russell Brand too.

I don't find Jodie Marsh as offensive as everyone else appears to. I think she's ok. I understand some people find her vulgar but I kind of feel sorry for her. I believe a lot of her dodgy behaviour is caused by her insecurities and psychological issues.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy Murray and Victoria Beckham. Both actually very funny once you "get" their sense of humour.
  • ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the people who said Jeremy Clarkson & Kristen Stewart. To a degree I understand the dislike for Clarkson, but what Stewart has done to deserve the level of hatred thrown at her I have no idea!

My disdane for Kirsten Stewart as a person comes from this quote of hers:

"Maybe because my life is so f-cking perfect, when I see the other side of life, it just seems like, almost like I want...

You can learn so much from bad things. I feel boring. I feel like, Why is everything so easy for me? I can't wait for something crazy to f-cking happen to me. Just life. I want someone to f-ck me over! Do you know what I mean?"

What a spoilt, ungrateful madam. Oh poor Kirsten, your life is so great, we must all feel so sorry for you.

I never liked her as an actress (think she's lacking expression as others have said) and always looked fed up in public, but I never really found her actually annoying until I read that.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Andy Murray and Victoria Beckham. Both actually very funny once you "get" their sense of humour.

He was in the audience of Mock The Week last night and seemed very relaxed and fun:)
  • duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorise wrote: »
    I have never been a fan of his live shows didn't think they were funny, yet when I have seen him in tv interviews he is funny and like you say very intelligent.

did love it when he tweeted a pic of his ex wife without her slap on :eek:

I've always found this interesting in that:
    a) how dare he! - um, this was the face he loved
    b) oohh - katy without make up - no one ever sees this! Um, RB does! and he loves it!
    c) KP doesn't always wear the inches of make-up,she doesn't wake up with it on (unless she's slept in it)
    d) without us slap on, we look well different! In both ways!
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clarkson
    Costner
    Stewart

All good at what they do and way more interesting than most people I have the misfortune to watch or read about.

My list of 'popular celebrities you kinda dislike' would be much longer :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »

I haven't seen much of Andy Murray as sport doesn't interest me at all, but I agree about Victoria. The only time I thought she was genuinely unlikable was at that Spice Girls reunion event for the Viva Forever musical, but otherwise I think she has a dry sense of humour that many people don't "get" because dry and dark humor is a social taboo these days.

And again, I find the Smile Police truly creepy.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Russell Brand
    Davina McCall
    Charlotte Church
    Katie Price
    Also Jodie Marsh, she seemed really pleasant on Celebrity CDWM
    Helen Flanagan
    I like Dappy a bit, when he had the piss taken out of him on Never Mind The Buzzcocks he took it in good humour.
    I really like Lily Allen.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with everyone saying Kristen Stewart and Russell Brand. Stewart in particular gets unnecessary flack for her acting. She isn't THAT bad. She's decent in Adventureland.

Also John Cena. Most WWE fans above the age of 15 give him a lot of stick for his limited abilities in the ring, and makes comparisons as this generations "main man" to main men of the past such as The Rock or Hulk Hogan, but he's one of the hardest working wrestlers on the circuit and knows how to work a crowd.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Dappy
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Courtney Stodden really surprised me in CBB, i got sucked into the demonisation of her from the US media, really didn't think she would be a likeable character at all in the house.

She looks like a total Barbie on the outside when you get past the visual she is actually rather charming, very sweet, and a genuine girl at heart.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ikkleosu wrote: »

"Maybe because my life is so f-cking perfect, when I see the other side of life, it just seems like, almost like I want...

You can learn so much from bad things. I feel boring. I feel like, Why is everything so easy for me? I can't wait for something crazy to f-cking happen to me. Just life. I want someone to f-ck me over! Do you know what I mean?"

What a spoilt, ungrateful madam. Oh poor Kirsten, your life is so great, we must all feel so sorry for you.

I never liked her as an actress (think she's lacking expression as others have said) and always looked fed up in public, but I never really found her actually annoying until I read that.

Its quotes like that which really put me off her too, not to mention this one - http://www.today.com/id/37510482/ns/today-today_entertainment/t/kristen-stewart-apologizes-rape-statement/ .
    If she fancies a bit of real life she can try mine on for size.

I'm another one who loves Russell Brand, Victoria Beckham, Charlotte Church, Courtney Stodden and Davina McCall. I'd also like to add Rylan Clark, James Corden and a Kardashian or two :o
  • Diamonds1Diamonds1 Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I adore Ricky Gervais, most people I know loathe him!!! he can do no wrong in my eyes.

I also like Andy Murray.
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Kerry Katona. She has had a hard childhood and went through numerous foster homes so it's only to be expected that she has issues in adulthood. However, she has never been a diva and is very down to earth and is there for all of her children....unlike their fathers who seem to escape a lot of criticism.
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its quotes like that which really put me off her too, not to mention this one - http://www.today.com/id/37510482/ns/today-today_entertainment/t/kristen-stewart-apologizes-rape-statement/ .
    If she fancies a bit of real life she can try mine on for size.

I'm another one who loves Russell Brand, Victoria Beckham, Charlotte Church, Courtney Stodden and Davina McCall. I'd also like to add Rylan Clark, James Corden and a Kardashian or two :o

I have nothing against Victoria Beckham at all. I agree the pouting and that weird pose she does can make her look a bit odd, but I've never heard anyone say she's rude or snobby or arrogant and she always comes across as quite pleasant to me. I also don't get these people who insist everyone has to smile all the time. She might not smile, but it's not as if she actually looks miserable!

I will never have any kind of respect for Russell Brand. I actually thought that Hugo Boss thing was pathetic (Audi supplied vehicles to the Nazis, is he going to have a go at them next? What about BMW, they made aeroplanes for the Luftwaffe. Is he going to have a go at every company who had anything to do with the Nazis? Because that's a lot, and it's not like they really had any choice. Oh, and it was 70 years ago! Idiot.)

I also don't dislike the Kardashians (except that horrid mother). I hate what they represent about this stupid shallow culture that's going on now, but none of the girls themselves come across badly (bit dim, maybe, but that's all).
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorise wrote: »
    Love Kevin Costner, the film Dragonfly he was in was amazing...I even liked Waterworld....:o.

Never understood the hate against him either, BTW.. have you seen the film Mr Brooks?! One of my all time favourite films.

Also a second for the Top Gear boys, always make me laugh they do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    ikkleosu wrote: »

Yeah for a while i felt a bit sorry for Kristen Stewart and the dislike aimed at her, but then i watched interviews of her and oh me! She's hard to listen to:p:o She seems to try very hard to come across cool and intellectual but there doesn't seem to be any substance to anything she says. Also, after her affair and the information that came out about her buddying up to the wife and the children of that director, all the while screwing their father! It takes a cold person to be able to do that. Also from the beginning I didn't rate her acting, i find it quite cringe worthy if i'm honest, however each to their own in that respect.

On the other hand, i love Victoria Beckham:p whenever i've seen her speak she seems lovely and warm, and her designs are far better than i expected. The reason she doesn't smile much is because she is insecure about how she looks when she does so, that doesn't make her miserable though.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dappy

Hmm, no. Can't understand how anyone can find Dappy anything but utterly repulsive in every way.
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    I like:
    - All of the Top Gear guys
    - Victoria Beckham
    - Gwenyth Paltrow (I admit, she's a bit away with the fairies, but she seems funny & nice and there's no harm in her)
    - Russell Brand
    - Jodie Marsh
    - William Hague (I'm not talking about politics, but he seems to have a great sense of humour and be a nice bloke)
    - Sarah Millican
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    I've never understood the hatred directed towards Victoria Beckham.

It's well documented that she doesn't like her smile, which is why she doesn't do it in public very often but is that a good enough reason to hate her? You don't hear her mouthing off about anything or falling drunk out of clubs, flashing her bits; she's done a fine job with her four children and her fashion business and I actually quite like her singing voice too - I thought 'Out Of Your Mind' was quite a decent track :o

I also like Russell Brand, Davina McCall & Ricky Gervais.

So there!
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    I've never understood the hatred directed towards Victoria Beckham.

It's well documented that she doesn't like her smile, which is why she doesn't do it in public very often but is that a good enough reason to hate her? You don't hear her mouthing off about anything or falling drunk out of clubs, flashing her bits; she's done a fine job with her four children and her fashion business and I actually quite like her singing voice too - I thought 'Out Of Your Mind' was quite a decent track :o

I also like Russell Brand, Davina McCall & Ricky Gervais.

So there!

Re: Victoria Beckham - I watched a documentary about her when they moved to America and she came across as lovely! She's got a great sense of humour and isn't above taking the p*ss out of herself. I know she doesn't smile in pictures often, but she doesn't look grumpy IMO! I like her.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HollyC wrote: »
    Sarah Millican

Me too, I adore her.
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I'm another Victoria Beckham and Russell Brand fan. I like Angelina Jolie too though I think she is better liked these days but I've always liked her.

I loved Waterworld too :o
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Joey Barton yet I usually don't ignore most footballers, his heart seems in the right place even if he says the wrong thing here and there.