Allo Allo funny or Offensive?

13»

Comments

• RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I think the programme is hilarious and under no circumstances offensive!

There were some classic lines like 'Gied moaning' and 'pissing by the wandoo' and 'What a mistaka to maka' and the innuendo always made me laugh, such as 'ze flashing knobs' and 'madonna with the big boobies' and the painting was hidden in a huge salami which got shoved down the front of someone's trousers (can't remember who).

I also remember Get Some In I loved that programme!
  • orchoverorchover Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite episode was the one where rene had the hidden camera under his apron to photograph the german invasion plans. Rene had a false arm which gave him a very camp pose. Grubers reaction on seeing it was hilarious.
  • xsharkxshark Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    I worked in Germany around 15 years ago and Alllo Allo was very popular - though, for the life of me, I still don't understand how they managed to dub it into another language. The Project Manager, where I worked, had been in England for a few years and actually said that he preferred the non-dubbed version.

There didn't seem to be any offence taken at how the programme poked fun at the German Reich but, then again, it did this for all nationalities. The other reason seemed to be that the current generation of Germans no longer has collective guilt or is "hung-up" about the Second World War. To them this is something that happened in the past and has been consigned it to history.
  • TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of best Comedy series ever shown on TV. Brilliant writing and characters. whatamistakatomaka was used all the time where i worked to take the pee.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utter shite!
  • SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Utter shite!

I enjoyed the show the first and second times round but these days it seems a bit cheesy and dated. Great show though in its time and I do love the theme tune :)

Sad that some of the major cast members are no longer with us.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny or offensive? ...... neither
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    doughnut17 wrote: »
    It was just a long running gag, that all these young woman found this not particualrly attractive, middle aged overweight man so attractive they couldnt keep their hands off him.

Reminds me of On the Buses.

The thing that people forget is that this is purely the funny side to the same situation in the BBC drama "Secret Army"m a few years earlier. That also indulged in gross stereotypes, like the British "tommy", the Nazi thug etc.
    Forum Member
    I've never watched a single episode of it. By the way OP good on you for introducing your daughter to the classics! I'm 24 and I much prefer classic sitcoms to modern ones. I've been watching them for years.

Classic *BBC* ones. Frequently ITV ones have not stood the test of time, popular in their day as they were.
    Forum Member
    Utter shite!

Come on, then. What do you consider to be "quality" comedy?

Mrs Brown's Boys?
    Cannon and Ball?
    On the Buses?
    Some Mothers Do Ave Em?
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfunny rubbish. It always was.