Should i get a console?

jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I really want a console, haven't had one since ps1.

Is it worth getting an xbox or ps3 when a new one is coming out apparently in 2013?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes....
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Yes....

dont know which 1 though
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    If you don't already have a Blu Ray player then I would say the PS3. Apart from that there is not much between them just look at the exclusive games on both and see what one you like the look of.
  • 0lly0lly Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Also if you have any friend that have games consoles, if you want to play with them see what most of them have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0lly wrote: »
    Also if you have any friend that have games consoles, if you want to play with them see what most of them have.

none of my friends play online

tbh i want the cheapest one out of the two since a new one will be coming soon

i wanna play nba2k13, fifa 13, cod and gta v.

i always wanna play online against random people
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    If you don't already have a Blu Ray player then I would say the PS3. Apart from that there is not much between them just look at the exclusive games on both and see what one you like the look of.

i dont have a blu ray but i watch movies on my macbook if anything
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    none of my friends play online

tbh i want the cheapest one out of the two since a new one will be coming soon

i wanna play nba2k13, fifa 13, cod and gta v.

i always wanna play online against random people

I know someone who has both consoles and he says Xbox live is the better experience but you have to pay for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know someone who has both consoles and he says Xbox live is the better experience but you have to pay for it.

As an owner of both consoles i would agree with this, however a big part of my decision to concentrate on the 360 is down to the communication system. Even if you arent playing with friends online its still handy to be able to communicate with people (discussing tactics etc). This is where, for me, the PS3 fails.

I look at it this way: you get what you pay for.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ill probably get in from work later and this will still be going on

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too have both consoles but much prefer the Xbox 360. You can pick up a 12 month sub to Xbox Live Gold for around £30 (sometimes far cheaper) and there are usually some good deals for first time subscribers on the xbox dash board. Each console has it's good and bad points and each have their exclusive games. Xbox Live Arcade games are worth a look with some going for as little as 400 ms points (prepaid points cards available from most game shops). You mention that you'd like to play COD, The 360 gets the add on MP maps a month before the PS3 does ( much to the annoyance of PS3 owners) so that's a bonus, as is being able to chat with friends even if they aren't playing the same game you are.

For me, Xbox Live is just a far better gaming experience but that's my opinion and it's the same with many others who own both consoles but the final choice is of course yours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont know which 1 though

Just pick one. Anyone. Whatever you choose, you'll enjoy it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too have both consoles but much prefer the Xbox 360. You can pick up a 12 month sub to Xbox Live Gold for around £30 (sometimes far cheaper) and there are usually some good deals for first time subscribers on the xbox dash board. Each console has it's good and bad points and each have their exclusive games. Xbox Live Arcade games are worth a look with some going for as little as 400 ms points (prepaid points cards available from most game shops). You mention that you'd like to play COD, The 360 gets the add on MP maps a month before the PS3 does ( much to the annoyance of PS3 owners) so that's a bonus, as is being able to chat with friends even if they aren't playing the same game you are.

For me, Xbox Live is just a far better gaming experience but that's my opinion and it's the same with many others who own both consoles but the final choice is of course yours.

Hmmm i have worked it out

on Amazon the 360 is £160 plus £20 for Fifa 13. If i wanna add NBA 2K13, and Call of Duty (which is £30 when you buy it with an xbox console), this will come up to £240 all together (360, nba 2k13, fifa 13, call of duty).

The PS3, costs £220 for the super-slim 500gb console. Then i can get Fifa 13 for £20, but call of duty and nba 2k13 will cost £30 each, so thats about £300 altogether from amazon?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I would say PS3. The graphics are better, it has blu ray and you can play online for free. The Xbox consoles might be cheaper, but what you save on that you will instantly spend to get online. Then there's that whole issue of laser burning your xbox games if you so much as nudge the console while the game is in play.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say PS3. The graphics are better, it has blu ray and you can play online for free. The Xbox consoles might be cheaper, but what you save on that you will instantly spend to get online. Then there's that whole issue of laser burning your xbox games if you so much as nudge the console while the game is in play.

Is it?

I heard graphics are better on the xbox 360?
    Forum Member
    The general opinion in my neighbourhood is that the PS3 graphics are better, but that XBox has a better online service, which it probably should since you pay through the nose for it :D However, this will no doubt prove to be divided down the middle between the two sides :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah Iv'e never gone for this "PS3 graphics are better" rubbish. Both consoles are good. There are many games that gamer's say play better on the xbox than the Ps3 and vice versa and as for "paying through the nose" then no, it's not expensive for what you get. An all round better gaming experience, imo and that of many others.

As I said before, I have both consoles and each have their good games and exclusives. If you can afford it, then get both. The best of both worlds and you can't go wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Blu-Ray isn't the be all and end all of a console though and as for so called laser burn, my xbox has been knocked over a few times by my 8 year old and not once has it ruined any games.

don't believe everything you hear
  • royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Sony & Microsoft had any sense they would merge and create the next gen X-Station 720.

Anyway, back on topic. You don't have to get a PS3 or X Box. You could get a wii U, which despite their lack of promotion, will have adult games too. Then theres also the option of looking on ebay for a vintage console. The Sega Saturn, PS2 (which is a DVD player and PS1 Game compatible), Nintendo 64 etc.

Let us know what you go with,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

...Xbox Live costs a small amount for a reason. It's considerably more secure that PSOnline. Remember the hack a while back?

Both X360 & PS3 are great machines each with their own pros and cons and I don't think a "X360 vs. PS3" debate will prove helpful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Xbox Live costs a small amount for a reason. It's considerably more secure that PSOnline. Remember the hack a while back?

Both X360 & PS3 are great machines each with their own pros and cons and I don't think a "X360 vs. PS3" will prove helpful.

agreed.
    Forum Member
    If Sony & Microsoft had any sense they would merge and create the next gen X-Station 720.
    I agree. Or at least try to merge online, though I do understand that would be fraught with difficulties, if not completely impossible. But it would solve that annoying issue of not being able to compete with some friends online because they don't have the same console that you do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyway, back on topic. You don't have to get a PS3 or X Box. You could get a wii U, which despite their lack of promotion, will have adult games too. Then theres also the option of looking on ebay for a vintage console. The Sega Saturn, PS2 (which is a DVD player and PS1 Game compatible), Nintendo 64 etc.

Let us know what you go with,

I don't want an Wii U. I want a proper games console to play the game i have listed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Both X360 & PS3 are great machines each with their own pros and cons and I don't think a "X360 vs. PS3" debate will prove helpful.

Hmmm i guess.

I just wanted a console to play fifa, nba2k13, cod, and gta5. I didnt want something too expensive as there are new machines coming out soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm i guess.

I just wanted a console to play fifa, nba2k13, cod, and gta5. I didnt want something too expensive as there are new machines coming out soon.

Then the only thing to consider is whether you need a Blu-ray player. If you don't, then go with whatever is the cheapest option you can find. No need for further debate really.
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    I had a PS3 and then sold it for a X360.

I now regret it because I want to play Uncharted 2 and the upcoming The Last of Us. The X360 doesn't come close to PS3 exclusives, which have the best graphics of this gen by far.