error during update

docjohnoscardocjohnoscar Posts: 25
Forum Member
I now have the girlfriends Humax 9150 in the bedroom. When in the standby mode overnight it's always silent and when I tap the handset button in the morning it whirrs a little before switching into action. All is normal, just like my own machine downstairs.

Lately, overnight, it's been "waking up" from standby on its own accord and whirring continuously until the morning. I go to use the handset and it's completely inoperative. I have to use the pushbutton behind the fascia panel to get the Humax to work normally.

Thinking today maybe there was a system problem, I checked the status and saw that the last OTA update was May 20 2010, whereas my own Humax downstairs has a date of July 7 2011.

I went to the "search for updates" option and true enough, there was a screen message saying a new update was available, would I like to download it? I clicked yes, the operation began and I got an error message: E-HW.

What does this mean, is it relevant to my auto-waking-up problem and how do I solve it?

Comments

• Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a look here in the first instance. Unfortunately the Over The Air software update for the 9150 ended at 9am today, you're going to have to try again next time the software is broadcast, keep an eye on this web site.
  • docjohnoscardocjohnoscar Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    This morning the Humax was whirring and locked up.again. I checked on the update website and sure enough, there was a 9150 update today, continuing until Friday.

I went to Menu>>Installation>>Default Password>>Software Update>>Automatic Search and got the option to install the latest software 1.00.26 instead of the existing 1.00.23. I clicked yes, the machine went into action and again I got error E-HW!!!

Following the instructions on the Update website, I switched the Hummy off at the mains for 30 sec, reinstalled via the default setting, etc, saved the rescanned channels and went to the Manual Update procedure. I clicked Search as instructed and yet again got the error E-HW.

So what should I do now?
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the loader version? What is the System ID? Do you have an aerial amplifier powered by the Humax?
  • docjohnoscardocjohnoscar Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    loader version = 4.36
    system ID = 3024.000
    no aerial amplifier
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loader version = 4.36
    system ID = 3024.000
    no aerial amplifier
    Thanks; that all sounds fine to me. I am sorry I don't have any good ideas. I can only suggest doing another reset to default settings and try again. If that fails then perhaps phone Humax technical support in the morning.
  • Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't the loader a bit old, the latest loader is a4.38/a4.39? I remember an early loader being a problem but I can't remember which version. The only way you are going to update the loader is to update the software from your computer, I believe the new loader is bundled with the software. Alternatively you could stay with software v23 and avoid the 'consecutive recording from standby' bug that was introduced with v26.