bwilliamsbwilliams Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MSP are brilliant!
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm listening to the whole album now (yes, through a leak...) and it's really good. It's probably also the craziest album they've ever done! It's like ten songs, concise and loud with pristine production, there's no letting up. I don't mean it's heavy. It's not aggressive like The Holy Bible or Gold Against The Soul. It's a very positive album, not dark.

'Just A Patsy' is definitely a highlight, but I bet a lot of fans don't like it because, like 'Your Love Alone...' it's very commercial. There's no doubt it'll be a future single. Every song is brilliant actually, but my favourites now are 'Indian Summer' which has the same beat and similar guitar to 'A Design For Life', 'Rendition' which is consumate Manics and 'Imperial Bodybags' where the chorus sounds Clash-style (at least to me).

Only 'Winterlovers' is perhaps not as good, as well as the maybe pointless secret track (I won't say what it is but it's a cover). All in all I never expected them to have an album like this in them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Sorry but I really don't like it! Don't know why it just annoys me more everytime I hear it! But yeah, have to agree that Nina's voice is really good.
  • Options
    jackulatorjackulator Posts: 7,209
    Forum Member
    one of the few bands that simply cant put a foot wrong
    they could cover a steps song and make it sound great
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    It's annoying that they hardly ever show it on the music channels. I must have only seen it once in the last week.
  • Options
    Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    More I've heard it the more I like it, also like the two other tracks I've heard - Autumn Song (very This is my Truth...) and particularly Underdogs, which has a great typical early Manics sound.

Agree with the person who said they didn't think they had it in them. I liked Lifeblood and Know Your Enemy in parts, but they were patchy albums. Now it seems they're back on form. Looking forward to seeing them at Glastonbury.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only heard this for the first time last week and I absolutely love it. Used to be a big Manics fan in the 90's but their last two albums just left me a bit bored. This has definitely re-kindled my interest. Has anyone heard the rest of the new album? Is it worth purchasing? I can't seem to find any reviews of it anywhere...
  • Options
    brunoloverbrunolover Posts: 2,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely worth purchasing the album. Loved in on first listen with no duff tracks IMO.

Disappointed that their best single in ages has been very much ignored by the rubbish Radio 1 and hardly ever played on any of the music channels.

Autumn Song is such a fantastically catchy tune with other personal highlights being The Last Great Depression, I am Just a Patsy, Send Away the Tigers and Indian Summer.

BUT IT!!
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brunolover wrote: »
    BUT IT!!

Or 'BUY' it even.
  • Options
    MasqueradeMasquerade Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone got the Charlotte Church link? the one on previous page has been removed from YouTube.
  • Options
    BluenileBluenile Posts: 11,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Masquerade wrote: »
    anyone got the Charlotte Church link? the one on previous page has been removed from YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1JohrvKrI
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i heard this the other day..... .didn't know who it was ......and liked it .......i'm not a fan of the manics
    since first hearing this it has become a firm favourite ....great comeback single!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    After 10 years of filler, the Manics are back?

Ive listened to 'Send Away The Tigers' 3 times, and it hasnt worn off yet...im still waiting...