Anybody keeping their PS3 when buying PS4?

2»

Comments

• SJM978SJM978 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    I'll be keeping my PS3, even in the very unlikely event PS4 is backwards compatible with PS3.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    I'll be keeping mine like I have every other system i've ever owned apart from my Mega Drive (Always regretted selling that :(), Acorn Electron, Amstrad PCW9512 (Because they broke) & BBC Master 128 (Can't remember where that went :confused:).
  • kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    I bought my ps3 sometime after launch so there were plenty of games out by the time I got it. This made my ps2 redundant and I haven't been on it since. I sold it a couple of months ago.

I think I'll be keeping the ps3 though as it's more useful than the ps2, with it having a BR player. I'll give it to my son even though he already thinks it's his. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. I have tons of PS3 and PSN games that won't work on a PS4 and I don''t wanna kiss the lot goodbye.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I have tons of PS3 and PSN games that won't work on a PS4 and I don''t wanna kiss the lot goodbye.

This. I need my PS3 as I have lots of PSN games and Disc games that I don't want to become redundant although I'm ot sure whether I'm going to be getting a PS4 straight away yet. There's still some things I want to know.... mainly price lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This. I need my PS3 as I have lots of PSN games and Disc games that I don't want to become redundant although I'm ot sure whether I'm going to be getting a PS4 straight away yet. There's still some things I want to know.... mainly price lol

I was gonna save up and get one on launch. However now I've had time to think about it I think I will wait for a while for more games to come out. Graphically PS3 still blows my mind at times so I will need to see what PS4 can do otherwise that PS3 can't. Or else I'll wait until the first price cut like I did with PS3.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gamercraig wrote: »
    Just my humble opinion, but I think 3D graphics have got to a stage where they will never look dated, a bit like 2D gaming at the 16-bit era (Amiga, SNES) which still stand up well.
    I thought that for Dishonored, but with Far Cry 3 I find the graphics were lacking. Lots of artifacts due to rendering differently when I move, distant objects blinking suddenly into existence etc.

(I suspect my next gaming machine will be a PC, not a console.)
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will definitely be keeping my PS3. No problem with backward compatibility if you have one - although the BC problem has been wildly over-hyped.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't buy the PS4 right away, but even when I do I won't get rid of my PS3.
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    I have been reading more and more that the days of buying a game for £x and that's it are on the way out and free-to-play with buying in-game will be coming in.

If that's the case I will stick with my PS3. I like to know up-front what I am paying, not shovelling money in like going to the arcade
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been reading more and more that the days of buying a game for £x and that's it are on the way out and free-to-play with buying in-game will be coming in.

If that's the case I will stick with my PS3. I like to know up-front what I am paying, not shovelling money in like going to the arcade

Agreed. Once we stop getting games upfront that'll be the end for me.

I'm getting to long in the tooth for this gaming lark anyways, its only a few games that grab my attention these days.

The PS4 will definitely be my last console, in this lifetime anyway. :D
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Agreed. Once we stop getting games upfront that'll be the end for me.

I'm getting to long in the tooth for this gaming lark anyways, its only a few games that grab my attention these days.

The PS4 will definitely be my last console, in this lifetime anyway. :D

Not sure how old you are, but I am early 40s and I do struggle with all the different controls nowadays. I grew up with the Speccy keyboard using five keys for up, down, left, right and fire!

I just can't remember all the possibilities now!
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how old you are, but I am early 40s and I do struggle with all the different controls nowadays. I grew up with the Speccy keyboard using five keys for up, down, left, right and fire!

I just can't remember all the possibilities now!

Early 40's here to, I can't handle games that use multiple weapons on the fly, a simple weapons scheme like Uncharted is about my limit. A weapon in one hand and a power in the other, both with multiple options...... :eek: forget it, I become all thumbs - Bioshock springs to mind.
  • LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, I hate clutter but don't want to sell my PS3 when I get the 4, guess the xbox360 is on it's way, but is it worth selling for £50 or so, might just keep the lot.
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keeping it? I've just bagged a new one! A few years left in the 'old geezer' yet. Tomb Raider being a prime example of that.