Something odd about Rory's hospital ID Badge - look at this pic...

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I think Rory's badge is a very important plot device. I don't for one second believe Steven M etc that it was an error. Because Rory turned out to be an Auton, and he was keeping that secret from us.

This is why I think that Rory was constructed in 1990 by the alliance and became a 'sleeper' agent without his knowledge. This would be enough to fool the Doctor and would also help to explain why Rory remembered his 'death" and 'ressurection'. Because he wasn't human to begin with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Ibdolent wrote: »
    I think Rory's badge is a very important plot device. I don't for one second believe Steven M etc that it was an error. Because Rory turned out to be an Auton, and he was keeping that secret from us.

This is why I think that Rory was constructed in 1990 by the alliance and became a 'sleeper' agent without his knowledge. This would be enough to fool the Doctor and would also help to explain why Rory remembered his 'death" and 'ressurection'. Because he wasn't human to begin with.

But Rory said Amy used to get him to dress up as the Doctor - I assumed that that was when they were kids - but maybe not - and iplayer hasn't got TEH any more so I can't check it out.

Also, wouldn't it be suspicious if he hung around Leadworth Hospital with the same ID and Hairstyle for 20 years? Someone would have been suspicious. Assuming that everyone in Leadworth wasn't already in on the trap - maybe they were all Autons - including Amy! In which case Prisoner Zero and the Atraxi must have also been part of it too.

The food Amelia prepared the Doctor tasted nasty not because of his new taste buds, but because it was plastic? They didn't have any ducks in the pond because, as every alien knows, it is impossible to make plastic Duck Autons as they'd sink in water - dead giveaway.

Must go and lie down now.....the pain...oh the pain........woe is me.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    SoundWall wrote: »
    But Rory said Amy used to get him to dress up as the Doctor - I assumed that that was when they were kids - but maybe not - and iplayer hasn't got TEH any more so I can't check it out.

Also, wouldn't it be suspicious if he hung around Leadworth Hospital with the same ID and Hairstyle for 20 years? Someone would have been suspicious. Assuming that everyone in Leadworth wasn't already in on the trap - maybe they were all Autons - including Amy! In which case Prisoner Zero and the Atraxi must have also been part of it too.

The food Amelia prepared the Doctor tasted nasty not because of his new taste buds, but because it was plastic? They didn't have any ducks in the pond because, as every alien knows, it is impossible to make plastic Duck Autons as they'd sink in water - dead giveaway.

Must go and lie down now.....the pain...oh the pain........woe is me.........

Maybe I should clarify something in my theory. You know when I said that Rory was constructed in 1990, I meant they probably invented a being that was part human, part Auton. So Rory could be 'born' and 'grow up' like any child. I think that Rory and Amy are supposed be the same age, roughly give or take a couple of years. So we're just seeing 20 year Rory, desiged by the Autons who thinks he's human! How else do you explain the bit when he understood in The Vampires Of Venice why the Tardis was bigger inside than outside? Yes, I know he read scientific journals etc. But what prompted him to do it? If you were a nurse, you wouldn't necessarily be reaching for a more complicated science journal, otherwise Rory would be a scientist by now.

Do you know who I think will be returning this Saturday? I think it will be
    Jeff
    ! I've got a strong feeling about that. But I have been wrong before!
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    So are we to assume the 1990 ID badge WAS a continuity error afer all...!??!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »
    So are we to assume the 1990 ID badge WAS a continuity error afer all...!??!

Hmmm. Maybe not. It could of just been foreshadowing the events of the finale, you know, with Rory being older than he looks..

I know...I'm just clutching straws here. :p

Though, also remember that this story arc isn't over yet...maybe this will be relevent in future series. You never know..:)