Xbox360 games on demand sale

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought batman AA and AC :)

Had 1460 points sitting doing nothing so thought 'what the heck' can't resist getting those 2 games lol
  • Barry_JohnsonBarry_Johnson Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    arkham city and red dead redemption for £9 each is cracking value.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    arkham city and red dead redemption for £9 each is cracking value.

I agree. But if I was to play Devils Advocate, I'd have to point out a few of these games, including the two you mentioned, have been given away on PS3 as part of the PlayStation+ subscription.

These reduction are welcome, especially for those that are exclusively Xbox owners, but long overdue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. But if I was to play Devils Advocate, I'd have to point out a few of these games, including the two you mentioned, have been given away on PS3 as part of the PlayStation+ subscription.

These reduction are welcome, especially for those that are exclusively Xbox owners, but long overdue.

Yeah true but at least with the 360, u don't have to keep subscribing to keep the games. I subscribed to Psn+ but haven't bothered with it since. Just a waste for me.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Just bought batman AA and AC :)

Had 1460 points sitting doing nothing so thought 'what the heck' can't resist getting those 2 games lol

Is AA on offer as well? I'm tempted to buy more of these games again. Kinda wish these deals would stop now as my HDD is overflowing.
    Forum Member

There's a big difference, at least with 360 you own the games you buy and don't have to keep paying to access them, plus they are future proof meaning you can back them up in safe knowledge that you will always be able to play them (and perhaps even on the next-gen machine depending on B/C).

Also as a side note, has anyone else noticed that recently all the games sold on GoD come wit the latest patches/title updates pre-installed?
    Forum Member
    Just checked the marketplace and see Batman AA is only £2.69. SOLD!

Why are they not advertising this on the main section? I wonder if there's any more deals we don't know about.
  • d4n_d4nd4n_d4n Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Is Batman AA not part of the sale and always been this price?

Not showing on the offer page but only found by searching :D
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only thing I dnt like is these aren't the game of the year editions or ultimate editions :p
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! Downloading Batman:AA right now!!! Never played it before!!! :D (wish they'd do this every month) :cool:
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any games on sale today ?
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    DSWNSM wrote: »
    Is there any games on sale today ?

These are supposed to be on sale today:

Fallout 3
    Max Payne 3
    Orange Box
    Batman AA (again, Must of been but up by accident yesterday!?)
    Left 4 Dead 2
    MGS 2 & 3 HD
    MGS Peacewalker
    Civ Revolution

But they haven't been discounted yet!
    Forum Member
    Woooo Civilization Revolution and Max Payne 3 for £4.49 each. Can't help myself I'm afraid! (what's wrong with me..) The other deal are up too, great prices all round.
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MGS HD for £8.99 and PW for £4.49 is really good, will be picking both of them up.

Left 4 Dead 2 for £4.49 is another one I will probably be grabbing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is AA on offer as well? I'm tempted to buy more of these games again. Kinda wish these deals would stop now as my HDD is overflowing.

Yeah m8. AA and AC are on offer and I know what u mean about ur HDD overflowing, I'm having to uninstall discs to make more space lol. It's times like these that I wished the 360 had a minimum 500Gb HDD.

Anyone know if this sale is a one off or being done every 3 or 4 months or so.....the later would be more than welcome :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno about other 360 gamer's but there's a good few on demand games I'd like to get but the prices put me off along with the limited HDD space the 360 has. MS should do this kind of on demand sale every 6 months (some wishes do come true lol) or an xmas sale which includes XBLA and On Demand titles. I'd be well up for that and would no doubt end up spending a fortune picking up bargains lol
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought 1000 points on game for £8.98 in total. Got an old silver account, I have changed my location to Switzerland. Added the points. Bought Max Payne 3 for 160 MSP, L4D2 and Orange Box both for 400MSP each. It seems they have messed up the Swiss prices on some of the games. CIV REVO is still full price. But MGS2+3 cost just 400MSP and Peacewalker is 400MSP.

Im doing this at my own risk, there is always a slight chance MS will take action which is why Im using an old silver account. I will of course play the game on my main account as it will be linked to my console though.
    Forum Member
    Civ Revo was certainly reduced when I bought it or are you talking about the Swiss prices?
    I dunno about other 360 gamer's but there's a good few on demand games I'd like to get but the prices put me off along with the limited HDD space the 360 has. MS should do this kind of on demand sale every 6 months (some wishes do come true lol) or an xmas sale which includes XBLA and On Demand titles. I'd be well up for that and would no doubt end up spending a fortune picking up bargains lol

I don't think I'd honestly want games to be this cheap too often, I already have too many games and I don't want to keep buying them but when they are as cheap as they are I can't pass them up! I have bought over 10 retail games since this sale started it's ridiculous.

Cool thing about Max Payne 3 is no disk swapping for the GoD version, but I think it comes in at near 12 gigs in total. I think I'm happy with a 320gb dirve lol, it should be more than enough but no, it isn't. USB sticks are handy though, I may even start using my other 360 to store games on too now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Civ Revo was certainly reduced when I bought it or are you talking about the Swiss prices?

Yea Swiss price is full. I should clarify, I bought 240+800 from Game for a total of £1.99+£6.99. I did have 80 points left which I bought a FIFA gold back. Got nobody though. You can of course get better deals on points but I finished all the MGS games. If I didn't Id get 2100 points for £16.
    Forum Member
    Yea Swiss price is full. I should clarify, I bought 240+800 from Game for a total of £1.99+£6.99. I did have 80 points left which I bought a FIFA gold back. Got nobody though. You can of course get better deals on points but I finished all the MGS games. If I didn't Id get 2100 points for £16.

Great deals there though, Max Payne 3 for 160 MSP is ridiculous, that's less than £1.50.

Today's deals are up:

Mortal Kombat - £14.99
      Mortal Kombat - £4.49
      Street Fighter 4 - £8.99
      Super Street Fighter 4:AE - £4.49
      Street Fighter x Tekken - £11.99
      Tekken 6 - £8.99
      Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - £11.99
      The King of Fighters XIII - £4.49

Not sure what's going giong on with SFIV being twice the price of SSFIV: Arcade Edition...makes no sense.

KOF XIII and SSFIV:AE, the two best fighters this gen for under £9. What a brilliant, brilliant offer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great deals there though, Max Payne 3 for 160 MSP is ridiculous, that's less than £1.50.

Today's deals are up:

Mortal Kombat - £14.99
      Mortal Kombat - £4.49
      Street Fighter 4 - £8.99
      Super Street Fighter 4:AE - £4.49
      Street Fighter x Tekken - £11.99
      Tekken 6 - £8.99
      Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - £11.99
      The King of Fighters XIII - £4.49

Not sure what's going giong on with SFIV being twice the price of SSFIV: Arcade Edition...makes no sense.

KOF XIII and SSFIV:AE, the two best fighters this gen for under £9. What a brilliant, brilliant offer.

Xbox controller is horrible for fighting games, half circle is nearly impossible to pull off, and I spent my childhood playing SF2 so it should be a piece of piss. I have got an unopened New D pad controller, I may have to break it out

Is that second Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat V DCU?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ill do the Uk prices in MSP and then ill do Swiss prices in bold

Mortal Kombat - £14.99 1760MSP (1800MSP)

Mortal Kombat - £4.49 vDCU? 520MSP (400MSP)

Street Fighter 4 - £8.99 1040MSP (920MSP)

Super Street Fighter 4:AE - £4.49 520MSP (920MSP)

Street Fighter x Tekken - £11.99 1400MSP (1200MSP)

Tekken 6 - £8.99 1040MSP (920MSP)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - £11.99 1400MSP (400MSP)

The King of Fighters XIII - £4.49 520MSP (160MSP)

King of fighters for 160 MSP and Tekken Tag 2 400 MSP are decent prices but they seem to be all over the place with the other ones.
    Forum Member
    Xbox controller is horrible for fighting games, half circle is nearly impossible to pull off, and I spent my childhood playing SF2 so it should be a piece of piss. I have got an unopened New D pad controller, I may have to break it out

Is that second Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat V DCU?

Don't have any trouble with the D-pad personally and I'm really fussy when it comes to controllers and these types pf games. Sorry that's MK vs DC for the cheaper one yeah.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - £11.99 1400MSP (400MSP)

Seriously, get on this people! Such a brilliant fighting game packed with content.
    Forum Member
    Well I was just thinking, is it easy to switch your accounts to Swiss and can you instantly change it back again? I don;t want to be locked out of the UK store, or is it best to open up a new account (as I have done for US and JP regions which is really easy in itself, providing it still works).

Also if you download game from a different region/profile can you play it on all profiles on and offline?

I have to say Tekken Tag 2 for 400MSP is a bit of a steal.