Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not much chance of a City slip up today, 3-1 up at half time.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    3-1 at HT and the game's probably over. Another couple of fortunate decisions for City.
  • Options
    General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does no-one think City's second goal was about 500 metres offside?

What's the point of a linesman?
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Man City getting a favourable offside again which was probably worse than the Sterling one. Commentators and pundits completely oblivious despite 3 replays apart from Mcmanaman. Well today changes nothing I expected a city win. We still need to win all our games!
  • Options
    General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Farce of a match. Incomprehensible decision put Southampton on the ropes end of the first half, killed it.

Massive credit to the away side here and their young players.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    City haven't been great today. But still won. Championship winning form that. Tell you what though. If they come to Anfield and play like they have today we will smash them!
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't Steven Gerrard pick up a deliberate yellow card in last week's game v Tottenham? Far better to miss the game at West Ham than risk being without him for next Sunday's crucial game against Man City.

that would be a wee bit cynical
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    Can't wait to see these pundits faces when we lift the title..

Bit cocky there, don't you think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why didn't Steven Gerrard pick up a deliberate yellow card in last week's game v Tottenham? Far better to miss the game at West Ham than risk being without him for next Sunday's crucial game against Man City.

The better option would be to get no yellow at all and miss no matches!

Also a West Ham will be a massively difficult game for us. Personally I'm not fussed about city or Chelsea at home. When I looked at our run in West Ham away and Palace away scared the life out of me. Both if those teams will make it very difficult.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    that would be a wee bit cynical

Nothing wrong with doing it in my opinion. West Ham away will be tricky, but I would rather Gerrard miss that game than run the risk of being suspended for the City game next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    seellee wrote: »
    City haven't been great today. But still won. Championship winning form that. Tell you what though. If they come to Anfield and play like they have today we will smash them!

Yep! I think they could be there for the taking. They looked tired last week vs Arsenal and again today. Southampton dominated possession for the majority of the game and I bet that hasn't happened too often this season at the Etihad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong with doing it in my opinion. West Ham away will be tricky, but I would rather Gerrard miss that game than run the risk of being suspended for the City game next week.

IIRC, a suspension for 10 bookings is 2 games, so Gerrard would have had to pick one up against Sunderland to be able to play in the City game.

Sad news from Germany as Hyypia was sacked today as manager of Leverkusen. :(
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wouldn't of mattered as it would of meant a two game ban. Tomorrow his just got to be disciplined like he was last week v spurs.
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    Bit cocky there, don't you think?

Not at all.

I have been very confident about us winning the title for weeks now.
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    Not at all.

I have been very confident about us winning the title for weeks now.

So you've started celebrating the title already? Lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tell you what if we do manage to make it to the last game against Newcastle and need to beat them to win the league, I won't be at all worried. They've been on the beach for weeks!
  • Options
    shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we believe in omens. BR's horse has won the Grand National. He got the 20/1 outsider in the sweepstake amongst players and staff and the horse has just won the race.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tell you what if we do manage to make it to the last game against Newcastle and need to beat them to win the league, I won't be at all worried. They've been on the beach for weeks!

Newcastle have been woeful since Cabaye left. We couldn't ask for a better game to end on.

Palace won today. They'll be our second to last game, so hopefully they can secure safety before then.
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Sunday, another 'game of the season'! :) Not sure we'll score a hat-full today, think it might be a tight 2-1 to us.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could do with matching the +3 goal difference that City managed yesterday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Could do with matching the +3 goal difference that City managed yesterday.
    Goal difference is gone for us. We just need to concentrate on winning first and foremost.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunday Times -

Manchester City are ready to make a 'huge investment' to lure Luis Suarez from Liverpool this summer.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Oh my aching sides! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    Sunday Times -

Manchester City are ready to make a 'huge investment' to lure Luis Suarez from Liverpool this summer.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Oh my aching sides! :D

It's from Duncan Castles. What do you expect? The guy is an absolute gobshite. He goes on saying that Suarez has enacted revenge on the manager by scoring 29 goals. How the bloody hell does that work?

Castles is regarded as being a bit of a mouthpiece for Mourinho so not surprising to see this kind of story on the morning of a very important match for Liverpool and the title race.
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    Goal difference is gone for us. We just need to concentrate on winning first and foremost.

Pessimist - imo we could catch them up and should not give up on it so easily - altho yes it is prob unlikely
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pessimist - imo we could catch them up and should not give up on it so easily - altho yes it is prob unlikely

Haha! I'm just looking at the games City have in hand and they have quite a few plum home fixtures for them.

Personally I can't see the title coming down to goal difference this year.
This discussion has been closed.