Champions League QF: Chelsea vs PSG - April 8th 2014

Comments

• Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    There is simply no need for this bitterness.

All neutrals should be behind Chelsea.

I assume you'll be fully behind United tomorrow then?
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good stuff from Chelsea. Typical Mourinho.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CGG_12 wrote: »
    Cavani was absolutely atrocious.

Thought Schurrle was immense. Luiz and Cahill were the pick of the bunch for me though

Cavani did himself no favours in trying to ague he should play through the middle. He was terrible and as soon as he missed that chance I said his blown it for the side.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    And why is that? Will you be behind Liverpool if they're in a CL QF next season?

As long as Chelsea are not out.

I want united to go through too.
  • CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Cavani did himself no favours in trying to ague he should play through the middle. He was terrible and as soon as he missed that chance I said his blown it for the side.

Knew well Chelsea would get a second after that. What a miss, summed up his contribution over the 2 legs
  • General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A team that wanted it more, and a more savvy manager.

PSG are classy but have a lot to learn at this level.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    I assume you'll be fully behind United tomorrow then?

I will be, they should be easier to beat than Bayern. :p

But seriously, I do hope United win tomorrow night. Some of the United fans on DS seem ok to me, it's changed the impression I used to have about them all being a load of arrogant gits. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be, they should be easier to beat than Bayern. :p

But seriously, I do hope United win tomorrow night. Some of the United fans on DS seem ok to me, it's changed the impression I used to have about them all being a load of arrogant gits. :)

You don't fool me.

You're just looking for an easy draw, in the semis!
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PSG lack experience at this level. They had a period of dominating the game where Chelsea lost their shape but failed to take advantage. It was always going to be long balls into the box at the end and they paid the penalty.
    Anyone in the semis. All class teams left.
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted PSG to go through Chelsea are still in there, they are like the horrible rich kid nobody likes (except their fans of course) but who always turns up at the party. Borussia Dortmund can count themselves a little unfortunate after battering Real Madrid, how they didn`t get at least one goal in the second half is beyond me. Hope Bayern win tomorrow.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like Chelsea but they have such incredible big game players. Watching them in Europe I have more confidence in them getting a result than I do in any other English team and it's been that way for a decade. Have to grudgingly give them credit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    I wanted PSG to go through Chelsea are still in there, they are like the horrible rich kid nobody likes (except their fans of course) but who always turns up at the party. Borussia Dortmund can count themselves a little unfortunate after battering Real Madrid, how they didn`t get at least one goal in the second half is beyond me. Hope Bayern win tomorrow.

I wanted Chelsea to go through, and I'm not a Chelsea fan.

You call Chelsea the 'horrible rich kid', whilst wanting PSG to go through? Yeah, that makes sense...
  • CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member

Way off the mark here

My twitter feed was full of neutral support for chelsea tonight as was Facebook. I'm a neutral myself and want to see them win this out

In 2012, plenty of neutrals supported them I remember.

I find them a million times more likeable than Barcelona with their play-acting and lateral passing around the halfway line that absolutely bores me to tears

Delighted they beat PSG the latter hadn't a clue tonight- completely outfought, outthought and outmuscled. They were a joke I thought, for an apparent top team
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Credit to Jose tonight too. His tactics worked:)
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to Chelsea tonight, im hoping United can follow you through to the semis tomorrow night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CGG_12 wrote: »
    Way off the mark here

My twitter feed was full of neutral support for chelsea tonight as was Facebook. I'm a neutral myself and want to see them win this out

In 2012, plenty of neutrals supported them I remember.

I find them a million times more likeable than Barcelona with their play-acting and lateral passing around the halfway line that absolutely bores me to tears

Delighted they beat PSG the latter hadn't a clue tonight- completely outfought, outthought and outmuscled. They were a joke I thought, for an apparent top team

My opinion, no more, no less. Chelsea have done their fair share of play acting and lateral passing, actually they played anti football to win the thing in 2012. Can`t see anything likeable about them, maybe you can enlighten me? Is it Roman? Ashley? JT? Maybe Peter Kenyon floats your boat? Big Diddy Drogba diving all over Europe the last few years? Maybe the classless manager who tries to gouge a rival manager`s eyes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You call Chelsea the 'horrible rich kid', whilst wanting PSG to go through? Yeah, that makes sense...

I had to pick one of them, PSG preferable to JT and co any day.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My opinion, no more, no less. Chelsea have done their fair share of play acting and lateral passing, actually they played anti football to win the thing in 2012. Can`t see anything likeable about them, maybe you can enlighten me? Is it Roman? Ashley? JT? Maybe Peter Kenyon floats your boat? Big Diddy Drogba diving all over Europe the last few years? Maybe the classless manager who tries to gouge a rival manager`s eyes?

Well, we do have a nice colour strip Azzurri, you must admit that ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, we do have a nice colour strip Azzurri, you must admit that ?

Don`t get me wrong, I admire Chelsea for their European pedigree and even though they WERE jammy in winning the European Cup, with an ITALIAN manager of course, they had been very unlucky previously and were worthy winners. I just don`t see why a neutral should feel any kind of support for them.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    PSG did what I thought they would.

Sit back and try to hold out. Such negative tactics. One goal would have killed Chelsea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Well done to Chelsea tonight, im hoping United can follow you through to the semis tomorrow night.

Me too! ^_^
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And let us not forget exactly how certain spanish teams are effectively government funded!

Every top club in the prem are backed by super-rich people, people cannot now complain that its just chelsea with an owner prepared to back them.

The exact same is true of ALL of them,.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Everyone of those reason (maybe the trying to gouge a eye out slightly more) along with the waving of free plastic flags along with the no history and the fans who have only been around for 10 years.

And a racist captain who shags a team mates bird (even though he was not a team mate or was she his bird) and who's Dad is a racisit drug dealer who eats little children and a mother who runs England biggest shoplifting gang and the vice captain who parks in disabled spots (or was that the captain again?)

Oh one thing I dont understand is "anti-football" is this some new saying from TOWIE or some other reality TV for idiots?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea rode their luck but did enough to win. Good job you have to say.

Absolutely shocking attacking play though from PSG. Ibrahimovic must have been screaming at the team. He was a big miss for them.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't normally support rival English clubs in Europe, primarily because I don't see why I have to, but in respect of last night, I am so glad that Chelsea KOd Paris St Germain, just so I won't have to see Ibrahimovich's smug mug on my TV again this season!:p