Melissa Joan Hart subjected to Twitter abuse over Mitt Romney support

AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Melissa Joan Hart has been the victim of abuse over Twitter for her support of presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

The Sabrina the Teenage Witch star received offensive tweets shortly after Barack Obama was re-elected as US president for a second term.

Think some of things written are really sad, especially the Tweets she received about being a bad mother when she's always come across as warm and caring.

I think people should be allowed to believe in what they want to without the fear of being abused for it. I'm glad she's standing up for her opinions.

[news]Melissa Joan Hart subjected to Twitter abuse over Mitt Romney support[/news]

Comments

• judyjudyjudyjudyjudyjudy Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Andy, you should know what trolls do being a boss on DS.

This is not a new thing, sadly.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think voter intimidation is illegal.
    Forum Member
    I think voter intimidation is illegal.

I doubt being an employee of DS and spouting your own views is allowed, but that's by-the-by.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not cool if you don't vote Obama..:rolleyes:

It's so much crap to be honest. I hate Americian celebrities who have to voice who they vote for. Oh look at me my names Katy Perry and I vote Obama... Wow amazing..
    Forum Member
    Strict wrote: »
    You're not cool if you don't vote Obama..:rolleyes:

It's so much crap to be honest. I hate Americian celebrities who have to voice who they vote for. Oh look at me my names Katy Perry and I vote Obama... Wow amazing..

Hear hear!

I can't believe an employee of this site is allowed to spout his views!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt being an employee of DS and spouting your own views is allowed, but that's by-the-by.

huh?? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I do agree with this comment from the OP's link:
    Romney was endorsing a very old type of attitude where women stay in the kitchen and gay people stay in the closet. I understand why her showing support to him could rub some people up the wrong way, but no one has the right to abuse her for her views at all. Respectfully disagree and move on, do not dish out disgusting abuse for her having a personal political view.

I find it hard to believe that any woman would vote for him. :mad:
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leesifer1 wrote: »

I agree with that quote too especially when she was encouraging people to vote and not asking or telling them to vote for her choice like a lot of other celebs
    Forum Member
    huh?? :confused:

Are they being paid to post their own views?

He forgot to log-out and log in with his DS account? :D;):rolleyes:

Andy needs to check out his employee agreement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leesifer1 wrote: »

Well, Obama called Sarah Palin a Pig during the first presidential eletion.
    Forum Member
    Well, Obama called Sarah Palin a Pig during the first presidential eletion.

Pig in knickers.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I'd never vote for Mitt Romney because of some of his outdated views on gay people, it's entirely up to Melissa Joan Hart who she votes for.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which Mitt Romney did she like? There were so many, and at least one was okish. Moderate republicans can be worked with as opposed to the tea party batsh*t cazies.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    What would Salem say?
    Forum Member
    Think some of things written are really sad, especially the Tweets she received about being a bad mother when she's always come across as warm and caring.

I think people should be allowed to believe in what they want to without the fear of being abused for it. I'm glad she's standing up for her opinions.

[news]Melissa Joan Hart subjected to Twitter abuse over Mitt Romney support[/news]

The moderator and owner of this site should have you sacked for this, it shows that employees have influence and too much power.
  • AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What would Salem say?

"Is that a light I see on in the kitchen?" closely followed by "Noooooooooo!"
    vierte wrote: »
    I agree with that quote too especially when she was encouraging people to vote and not asking or telling them to vote for her choice like a lot of other celebs

Yes, I thought she was very respectful with the way she was discussing the election. She said who she was supporting and then encouraged people to vote for whoever they wanted.
    Forum Member
    "Is that a light I see on in the kitchen?" closely followed by "Noooooooooo!"

Yes, I thought she was very respectful with the way she was discussing the election. She said who she was supporting and then encouraged people to vote for whoever they wanted.

Your views are not and should not be for discussion.

This shows that you and DS forums have and display favouritism.

You either stay impartial and say nothing, or join in and have a view and ban no-one.

Totally unprofessional.
    Forum Member
    You do realise that OFCOM would be interested in this?
    Forum Member
    Remove the posts as much as you like. Screen shots and a judge could command your servers.

Hard luck, you just been found out to be a fraud.
  • fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remove the posts as much as you like. Screen shots and a judge could command your servers.

Hard luck, you just been found out to be a fraud.

The election's already been held, I don't understand your point :confused: If it was pre-election, then it'd be noteworthy.
    Forum Member
    The election's already been held, I don't understand your point :confused: If it was pre-election, then it'd be noteworthy.

Digital Spy's Terms and Conditions blown out the water...

An employee has tried to influence and make an issue of a current event..

Likely has more than one account - against the company T&Cs.

Many have blamed about Digital Spy forum site and it's favouritism.

Finally, we get to see..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digital Spy's Terms and Conditions blown out the water...

An employee has tried to influence and make an issue of a current event..

Likely has more than one account - against the company T&Cs.

The event is no longer current. Anything he might've said would have no effect for at least another four years.

And I have no reason to believe, nor speculate, that he has another account.
    Forum Member
    The event is no longer current. Anything he might've said would have no effect for at least another four years.

And I have no reason to believe, nor speculate, that he has another account.

Andy shouldn't be current.

Caught out, favouritism is rife on DS Forums.
  • StandByMe89StandByMe89 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kinda disappointing, I love Sabrina the Teenage Witch so much, one of my favourite shows ha. But she has a right to vote for who she wants, and doesn't deserve to be attacked for it. She's just a person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy shouldn't be current.

The election isn't current. The US population has spoken. And in any case, we didn't have a vote, so what does it matter what his viewpoint on Romney/Obama is?
This discussion has been closed.