Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    davethepiemandavethepieman Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    the best one is the e.on one with the cute little worm creature and people dancing to take on me.

Perfect case of "good advert but bad advertising" there. It's for EDF. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An advert I finally feel strongly enough to have a whinge about....
    It features 2 "chefs" who are bouncing about like cut-price Olivers... one them rants at the screen about "mixing things up" while the other adds ingredients at the same time as "beatboxing"... very badly.
    I have no idea what they're advertising because clearly I'm not the demographic they are aiming at, I mean seriously... W.T.F?!?!!?
    I sat open mouthed throughout it.. transfixed at its awfulness... I forgot to change channels

[Top Ten worst adverts]

Saw this link on teh homepage of my browser thought I'd share the pain..
    http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/top_ten_most_unpopular_adverts_ever_revealed
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything with that polar bear in the freezer with the weird american accent - I think it's supposed to sound seductive but sounds like some creepy sex pest. I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be selling.:confused:

I love him!:) It's Birdseye btw.
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few I hate

The first is those disgusting monkeys faces advertizing biscuits, yuk, hate those with a passion. Imagine they would terrify kids.

I am getting sick of those asking for money for various charities, they are constant now. How much must they be paying for those adverts too? They really pull at your heart strings and I feel that is just seems like emotional blackmail to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    There are a few I hate

The first is those disgusting monkeys faces advertizing biscuits, yuk, hate those with a passion. Imagine they would terrify kids.

I am getting sick of those asking for money for various charities, they are constant now. How much must they be paying for those adverts too? They really pull at your heart strings and I feel that is just seems like emotional blackmail to me.

Saw tesco was selling soft toy versions of those monkeys the other day, I say selling as the pile was still quite large and it was busy in there.

You'd have to take out a wonga loan to pay all these charities so much a month, I don't think so, think I stick to one's I know locally, giving a few coins when I can :)
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    It features 2 "chefs" who are bouncing about like cut-price Olivers... one them rants at the screen about "mixing things up" while the other adds ingredients at the same time as "beatboxing"... very badly.
    I have no idea what they're advertising because clearly I'm not the demographic they are aiming at, I mean seriously... W.T.F?!?!!?
    I sat open mouthed throughout it.. transfixed at its awfulness... I forgot to change channels

[Top Ten worst adverts]

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/top_ten_most_unpopular_adverts_ever_revealed

I believe the advert with the beatboxing is McVities Medley bars or something - basically a cereal bar with extra bits in it seems :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »

[Top Ten worst adverts]

they robbed the idea from this sketch from 2007, I am sure of it!!
    beatbox chef
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,816
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I believe the advert with the beatboxing is McVities Medley bars or something - basically a cereal bar with extra bits in it seems :rolleyes:
    beatbox chef
    chuffster wrote: »

Dear god.... let's hope they think its worth it.
    A more inappropriate way to advertise biscuits I cannot imagine...
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    beatbox chef

That's amazing, very clever :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Those Direct Line s**tty ones with the 'comedian' Chris Addison (if i've got his name right). About as funny as the prospect of another Labour government.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beatbox chef

Have only just watched this cos u tube is restricted at work... but that guy is awsome :D
  • Options
    Jaly77Jaly77 Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    The stupid Tombola bingo advert I see when The Chase cuts to adverts. Why did they choose to show every activity there is except bingo on the ad??
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Has Cara Confused had a stoke and if one of those people who have foriegn accent syndrome?
    She turned Scottish
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the new DFS advert the most annoying song in it I guarantee it will be featured on future pages of this thread for a while to come.
  • Options
    Mr.HumphriesMr.Humphries Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few I hate

The money ends up in the government's pockets as well as the charity bosses salary. They are hardly pleading poverty. You're right, emotional blackmail.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the new Jaguar advert should be done for false advertising.

It claims there are machines that want to be like us.

I know of no machine that is sentient enough to want to be like us.
  • Options
    GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MizManiac wrote: »
    Those Direct Line s**tty ones with the 'comedian' Chris Addison (if i've got his name right). About as funny as the prospect of another Labour government.

That's true - they couldn't be funnier than watching Cameron, Clegg, Osborne and the rest of the Keystone Kops trying to give the impression of a joined-up, thinking government.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Medley Bars advert when the 2 men (chefs) are beatboxing while mixing up ingredients:rolleyes: Why do they keep showing this?! :/

♫WE LIKE THE MANGO! WE LIKE THE MANGO, WE LIKE THE MANGO WHOAAAA♪:mad: getting really bored of that advert! it wasn't bad at first but I hear it almost everyday and now It's got to a point where it's now annoying :/

The bingo advert with Barbara Windsor and that annoying DOG who doesn't stop yapping!:mad: (I love Babs but I hate THIS!:()
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Subway.

Are they even actual athletes? It doesn't matter, it's a crap advert.
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Subway.

Are they even actual athletes? It doesn't matter, it's a crap advert.

I agree, it's one of the worst athlete based adverts at the moment.
    "He can't even handle the jalapenos"
    "I've got a sensitive mouth, awright"
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've started showing most of the Go Compare adverts they've ever made now, not just one!:eek: I'm hoping it's one final "montage" before he finally ****s off!:D

Hate the Jeremy Kyle Cheeky Bingo adverts, with the badly acted women grinning like they've just done foul farts.

Hate the We Buy Any Car adverts too...especially the morons who say at the end "Hee hee!":mad:

I want to praise EDF Energy for their advert though...I love the orange blob thingy.:D That's the way to make a popular mascot without people hating him! (Go Compare, take notes!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert for Sky TV is YET ANOTHER AD WITH SOME ANNOYING TWEE WOMAN SINGING AN ANNOYING TWEE COVER. I would never have thought You're The One That I Want would be a song any of these ad men would think of to re-do in this ANNOYING TWEE style, but I think they come from a different planet where this sort of thing is the height of cool.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    ScottHarrisScottHarris Posts: 2,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The terrible 3DS ad with those people playing Mario Tennis , the way it's been dubbed is really poor. I hate it.

Or

That stupid BT ad with those 3 students............she loves Duran Duran :confused: yeah this is 2012 not 1980.:rolleyes:
    So unrealistic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Another one that's really winding me up at the moment is the Vistaprint advert with the nun who suddenly transports herself to a fitness club with all the stupid dancing and the insufferable "woah-oh-oh" music - I have a feeling many a TV in my house will be smashed if this advert continues for much longer :mad:

Considering I watch quite a bit of ITV2, that new one advertising Coronation Street with the mugs and the irritating quotations is driving me insane - if I have to hear Hilda Ogden shouting something about Bet Lynch one more time I might vomit.
This discussion has been closed.