The Big Holby City Thread (Part 4)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
h007 wrote: »
i am hoping flnt's mum will be killed off soon and after some agnsty grieving flnt will emerge the other side as the smiling relaxed person we started to see yesterday.

i thought eddi/josh was quite good until she took him off to see the girlfriend - that was going abit too far i thought.

sooooo happy michael is starting to see the light with regards to slimeball bhatti. hopefully within a few weeks normal darwin ct service will be resumed and michael wont get into too much trouble

jac made me laugh with her couple of small scenes
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1538141

Comments

• echoroseechorose Posts: 540
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Can somebody tell me what drugs Max is taking.
    • Maria747Maria747 Posts: 2,493
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      echorose wrote: »
      Can somebody tell me what drugs Max is taking.

Camoxidan. Its fictional drug for the story, I checked the BNF drug book which physicians use. I am sad !
    • echoroseechorose Posts: 540
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Maria747 wrote: »
      Camoxidan. Its fictional drug for the story, I checked the BNF drug book which physicians use. I am sad !

Thank you.

Are we to believe they are painkillers which make you turn into a moody nutter. I don't get it:confused:

I assume they are additive and have all the hallmarks of a Class A drug but can be accessed from a drugs cabinet without two people signing in triplicate.

Poetic licence again:rolleyes:
    • cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Interesting that the search engine location thinks it's in London, not Holby.

Not really, for me it comes up with just about anywhere except somewhere withing 100 miles of where I actually live!
    • Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      thought i'd post now it's onto part 4, otherwise i'll forget and lose it ;) also, why does it have the last post from part 3 as back with Eddi/Josh and the implant scandel? :confused:
    • caroilcaroil Posts: 302
      Forum Member
      echorose wrote: »
      Thank you.

Are we to believe they are painkillers which make you turn into a moody nutter. I don't get it:confused:

I assume they are additive and have all the hallmarks of a Class A drug but can be accessed from a drugs cabinet without two people signing in triplicate.

Poetic licence again:rolleyes:

Well what do you expect from a hospital that seems to allow it's staff to waltz in out out of jobs on a whim. No need to give any notice just tell someone in passing that you are leaving and go at the end of your shift. Then 3 months later come to pick something up just in time for a major incident, save the day and decide your coming back. One day Hanson will turn up for work and he'll be the only one there :D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Maria747 wrote: »

hehe that's pretty much what i did :D i took them to be a morphine-based drug (that can be apparently signed out of the CD cupboard with one 'senior' nurse and a doctor)

Didn't think it possible but Eddi took unpleasant and rude to a new level this week

Jac still amazing, Ollie valentine is more my kind of thing but even i think she looked hot especially with her hair down
    • Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Okay posting to ensure I don't lose the thread.

Hope there's a big Elliot (no pun intended) story on the horizon, he does seem to have been sidelined. I think Dr Greene put in more appearances than Elliot does now.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
      Forum Member
      caroil wrote: »
      Well what do you expect from a hospital that seems to allow it's staff to waltz in out out of jobs on a whim. No need to give any notice just tell someone in passing that you are leaving and go at the end of your shift. Then 3 months later come to pick something up just in time for a major incident, save the day and decide your coming back. One day Hanson will turn up for work and he'll be the only one there :D
      That's why we love holby, it's pure escapism :)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
      Forum Member
      Okay posting to ensure I don't lose the thread.

Hope there's a big Elliot (no pun intended) story on the horizon, he does seem to have been sidelined. I think Dr Greene put in more appearances than Elliot does now.

Totally agree - more Elliot needed. He used to be a staple character in Holby and now seems to have blended into the background a bit.

As for last night, totally loved. From the Leddi-ness (which I will promptly discuss on Leddi thread), to Luc's amazingly short hair (which still looks amazing) and the Jac/Jonny/Mo scenes (which have really grown on me), it was a lovely episode.

And it was good to see Chrissie in a mood - although I do agree with an earlier comment - I did think she looked older...

Off to watch the one-kidneyed freak again now...One day, my Sky+ planner will ban me from watching the legend that is Jac Naylor (and the world will end)...
    • Mr PerksMr Perks Posts: 1,159
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Did no one notice the bit of TV history in yesterday's episode? The old patient with white hair was played by Peter Byrne who, from 1955, played Andy Crawford, George Dixon's son in law and colleague in Dixon of Dock Green. Apart from the white hair, a few lines and weight gain he hardly looks any different, I recognised him immediately. He doesn't look bad for 84.
    • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Ooooo! We have a shiny new thread :eek:

Just watched yesterday's episode on iplayer and found it a bit of a weird one....

Not the biggest Luc fan but I'm glad he's sticking around (presumably) to put Mad Max back in his box. That guy is so slimy, plus his face reminds me of the dude from Aphex Twin :eek: Waiting for some spectacular showdown between him and Luc.

I liked the Jac/Mo story. They seem to work really well together. I loved how both Johnny and Hanssen casually referred to her having one kidney :D Watching Jac and Johnny in the lift though kind of reinforced my belief of them having no chemistry. Something just didn't feel right with them....

So, Chrissie was 40 - big wow :yawn: I really struggled to care. Sacha is getting borderline annoying with his permanent cheery, glass half-full persona. I thought the whole stabbing incident would bring forward some really deep, powerful stuff but it seems to have been brushed under the carpet :confused:

As I said, it was a weird one, but big points for no Tara!! :D:D:D
    • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Do you think he is spiking Eddi?.
    • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,799
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I was lukewarm (geddit ;)) about Luc's return but it worked well. They have turned Max into a pantomine bad guy which is a pity because he could have been brilliant done in a quiet, menacing way. Eddi has become so rude and obnoxious it is impossible to care about her. I find myself hoping that she leaves with Max and Luc finds someone decent to care about.

Chrissie was at her most annoying, boy she is hitting her midlife crisis so predictably, wonder how long before she has her next affair :yawn:

Jac was magnificent, as always. I find Mo childish and think she can be very hurtful with some of her comments. The scene with Jac and Jonny in the lift had me cringing, I'm with those who who not get the sexual chemistry between them - but what I did like was the scene at the end where he cuddled her and she went all gooey. He really does care about her and that redeems him in my eyes. I think she likes being cared about, but I'm not fully convinced that she cares back as much as he does. It will be interesting to see their story unfold.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,600
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I think I must be the only person who was madly in love with Luc before he left, dying for his return and then hated him in tuesdays episode! :(
    • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,173
      Forum Member
      I was lukewarm (geddit ;)) about Luc's return but it worked well. They have turned Max into a pantomine bad guy which is a pity because he could have been brilliant done in a quiet, menacing way. Eddi has become so rude and obnoxious it is impossible to care about her. I find myself hoping that she leaves with Max and Luc finds someone decent to care about.

Chrissie was at her most annoying, boy she is hitting her midlife crisis so predictably, wonder how long before she has her next affair :yawn:

Jac was magnificent, as always. I find Mo childish and think she can be very hurtful with some of her comments. The scene with Jac and Jonny in the lift had me cringing, I'm with those who who not get the sexual chemistry between them - but what I did like was the scene at the end where he cuddled her and she went all gooey. He really does care about her and that redeems him in my eyes. I think she likes being cared about, but I'm not fully convinced that she cares back as much as he does. It will be interesting to see their story unfold.

I liked Luc's return - I think Max has been very useful as a blip in the road meaning that Luc and Eddi can't just be honest with each other about why he left, how it made her feel etc which is necessary before any reconciliation can take place. You know it will though, after some time, months if not a couple of years if both actors stay long enough for the long game.

Unsurprising I had zero sympathy woth Chrissie's plight, especially as I turned that milestone birthday myself last year. You make your choices in life and you live with them, she's got a good job, a man who adores her and a lovely child - everything she said she wanted only 3 years back. To be moaning about domesticity when she'd only been with Sacha 9 months (and I bet he does cooking, housework, makes sure he takes he out on 'dates' reguarly - he looks that type) and a mother for 2 and half years rankles. She had plenty of time to traavel when she was younger (and money, Trisha's life insurance, Stuarts payoff) and choose not to probably because there was always a new man to go after and marriage to break up. Now she'd getting older and losing her looks she can't cope very well - diddums. It could be quite an interesting story if they are actually going to have her become genuinely depressed due to her losing (or believing she is losing) what has always been her most powerful asset (sex appeal) but I doubt it. She was rubbish with that patient too, you don't tell an elderly, probably proud man that you are really understaffed and if it is urgent with another patient listening in. How does he know if it is urgent, he could have been in real pain signalling something. She should have drawn the curtain, asked what was wrong and judged from there but then the young pretty patient was flirting with her. :o

Mo is quite childish but I still much prefer her and the dynamics with the department than Smughira. I suppose if she is feeling pushed out (which can happen when your best friend finds love) when she's still quite vulnerable by someone she hasn't got a measure of who sometimes treats her unfairly and she thinks might hurt Jonny - I can see where she is coming from.

I like Jac and Jonny - have done from their first episode and do see chemistry. Of course he's not Joseph and I really want him to come back for a sunset ending as I believe they are soulmates but Jac can't exist as a viable character in stasis for years and it is possible to love more than one person without demeaning either relationship. I think it's being played right - she clearly doesn't like the idea of it meaning nothing to Jonny - she wants him to care but whether that is because she really does care a lot back or just that she wants someone to comfort her remains to be seen. I can't help thinking that the disclaimer and going back in will have long term effects on her or perhaps her baby if she is indeed pregnant. That would be a way of running a pregnancy story and looking at how she and Jonny feel about it and each other without the happy ending that really we know Jac can't have and remain her in the show.
      I don't think Jac has necessarly told Jonny the full story about her mother - he could have heard the one kidney thing from anyone that was in theatre (Mo probably) or indeed noticed the scar during one of their more intimate moments but not questioned it or only had a short response (I donated a kidney to my mum - now she's in India)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      hatz wrote: »
      I think I must be the only person who was madly in love with Luc before he left, dying for his return and then hated him in tuesdays episode! :(

Why did you hate him? :confused:
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
      Forum Member

She's just going through a Luc Personality Crisis, one that should be solved within a few weeks and hopefully back to her usual Luc loving self. :D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Well, for me, and I know no one seems to think the same, he just wasn't Luc. Just very different to the person who walked away...and lots of things he did I found really really annoying! Just little things he said & did I found myself wanting him just to shut up and leave!
      I found him very up himself and I thought he had no right to say/do half the things he did. I just dont like the way it was done.
      So weird because he literally is my favourite character but I saw nothing of the character I like in this episode!! Im hoping I think differently in the next episode....:o
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Well, for me, and I know no one seems to think the same, he just wasn't Luc. Just very different to the person who walked away...and lots of things he did I found really really annoying! Just little things he said & did I found myself wanting him just to shut up and leave!
      I found him very up himself and I thought he had no right to say/do half the things he did. I just dont like the way it was done.
      So weird because he literally is my favourite character but I saw nothing of the character I like in this episode!! Im hoping I think differently in the next episode....:o

I'm genuinely surprised by your reaction because I know you are a big fan of his. I myself didn't see anything majorly different about him. I don't like the cropped hair but thats a different thing.I do think Holby falls down badly in the way they write characters just leaving when it suits them and then waltzing back when they feel like it with little or no consequences!!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I'm genuinely surprised by your reaction because I know you are a big fan of his. I myself didn't see anything majorly different about him. I don't like the cropped hair but thats a different thing.I do think Holby falls down badly in the way they write characters just leaving when it suits them and then waltzing back when they feel like it with little or no consequences!!

Surprised myself to be honest. I even re watched it and it only made me more annoyed... am hoping it was the writer I just didn't like as opposed to Luc.
      Well with Luc I completely understand why he had to leave for 3 months, the writers had no option because of the actor. But to me it just seemed a different person came back...
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Surprised myself to be honest. I even re watched it and it only made me more annoyed... am hoping it was the writer I just didn't like as opposed to Luc.
      Well with Luc I completely understand why he had to leave for 3 months, the writers had no option because of the actor. But to me it just seemed a different person came back...

Hopefully normal service will be restored soon :)
    • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,173
      Forum Member

But we don't know for sure why he left or what has happened to him in that time. It's possible he's changed as much as Eddi, in some ways it would have been more jarring to me if he'd come back the exact same person that left. He's not an idiot, he must know Eddi might not react well to his return and he knows she's having problems as Sacha has told him so he's hardly going to open up straight away plus she's being aggresive and their relationship was always quite combatative anyway.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Brilliant episode this week. Glad Luc is back, Eddi does need saving from Max the man is a liability.

Favorite line

"Come here you one kidney freak"
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      have you seen the new spoilers? :O
    This discussion has been closed.