No Cat Litter!! What the hell do I do?

13»

Comments

• mr.ianmr.ian Posts: 4,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If everybody's using cat litter to keep the paths clear of ice and snow we're going to need the ploughs back out to scrape all the cat shit off our streets.
  • derbyshire duckderbyshire duck Posts: 14,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

:D Very good :D
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Trix71 wrote: »
    I have three domestic cats... and not a catlitter tray insight.

I have 3 cats too, right now I have 1 in my jumper and 2 on my lap, and they have universally decided to have a litter tray again. his was accomplished by sustained miaowing whilst sitting the site of the tray from when youngest had one last. On production of the tray, a queue formed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not all cats go out. Another vote for shredded paper.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's with all the hate for litter tray trained cats - gawd you can't win here. No doubt if my cat wasn't trained to use a tray someone would be moaning about her crapping in their garden :o
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No hate from me - we all do what we feel is best for our pets and for ourselves. If your cats are happy that is what matters.
  • 156418156418 Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr.ian wrote: »
    If everybody's using cat litter to keep the paths clear of ice and snow we're going to need the ploughs back out to scrape all the cat shit off our streets.

Or at least to clear the sludge that this stuff turns to when it gets wet. It'll be cloging sewers and storm drains next.....
  • Trix71Trix71 Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Good for you !!! :cool:

All i was trying to get across was the fact that just because its domesticated... doesn't mean it has use a litter tray?!

So i don't see what you mean with that comment...??

I am fortunate enough to live away from busy roads.. And my three cats have a wonderful life.

I am not against litter trays... my cats just don't need them.

@OP Beauticat woodpellets is your friend ;)
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    Before cat litter we used to just use sand,sawdust or garden soil. The soil worked best.

Yes, I have just rang my mum up not knowing what to do. She said that when I was a kid, she used to just get some soil for the garden when the cat couldn't go out when she had kittens.

Perhaps manufacturers have been having cat owners on all these years, making us believe that we need cat litter!
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for shredded paper, thats all i use (rather my cat does), Put a thick layer of unshredded in, then some torn up works fine, free, and u dont get Kitty litter all over the house.