Is Cameron himself safe ??

Comments

• hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    Cameron only needs to become unpopular and he is unsafe. Another few months of Levensen and who knows what the 1922 committee will have to say to Cameron.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    husted wrote: »
    Cameron only needs to become unpopular and he is unsafe. Another few months of Levensen and who knows what the 1922 committee will have to say to Cameron.

Leveson's report wont be out for another eighteen months. The backbench committee will have other matters to preoccupy them until then.
  • TonyfaceTonyface Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluemotel wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be a remake of Marathon Man.... is it safe, is it ?? :o

:p I wonder if that is how any meeting between Cameron & Hunt wrt to the emails that he is sharing with Leveson went...:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Tonyface wrote: »
    :p I wonder if that is how any meeting between Cameron & Hunt wrt to the emails that he is sharing with Leveson went...:p

:):) Well, tougher questioning of all MPs is needed...
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    husted wrote: »

Well as it isn't the first time his judgement over someone close to him has been brought into question maybe the 1922 committee will start asking questions even if it is only to question his judgement.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem for the Tories though is who do they replace Cameron with and can they actually replace him given he is prime minister of a coalition? given all the outrage the Tories had at ''unelected'' Gordon Brown it would make them look like even bigger hypocrites if they didn't call an election after replacing him.

Its all going to turn into a rather big mess really if Cameron is dropped right in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem for the Tories though is who do they replace Cameron with and can they actually replace him given he is prime minister of a coalition? given all the outrage the Tories had at ''unelected'' Gordon Brown it would make them look like even bigger hypocrites if they didn't call an election after replacing him.

Its all going to turn into a rather big mess really if Cameron is dropped right in it.

If they did get rid of Cameron then would Clegg take over as PM until the Tories elected a new leader seeing as he's Deputy Leader of the Government ?
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they did get rid of Cameron then would Clegg take over as PM until the Tories elected a new leader seeing as he's Deputy Leader of the Government ?

Oh the joys of an unwritten constitution...but I would assume it would be Clegg...one reason why the anti-Cam Tory knives will be kept sheathed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think William Hague would take over actually as he is First Secretary of State. So if anything was to happen to the Prime Minister its who ever holds that title that takes over.
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cameron seems to be completely incompetent. He hasn't had a major or minor crisis yet that he hasn't handled appallingly badly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Cameron seems to be completely incompetent. He hasn't had a major or minor crisis yet that he hasn't handled appallingly badly.

He reminds me of a child who stomps their feet on the ground or takes the football off the pitch so no one else can play if he doesn't get his own way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He reminds me of a child who stomps their feet on the ground or takes the football off the pitch so no one else can play if he doesn't get his own way.

During PMQs he gives that impression.

But has there been ANY even minor issues the government has faced that Cameron hasn't managed to embroil himself in a complete and utter PR disaster over?
  • Auld SnodyAuld Snody Posts: 15,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For someone who was in PR he is bit of a PR disaster. Perhaps that is why he went into politics :D
  • makara80makara80 Posts: 3,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this proves is that the Tories haven't changed at all.

Hope more does come out. This lot being a one term government is the best thing for all of us.

Careful comrade! If Nu Labour regain power too quickly they might be associated too closely with the current economic mess and blamed for playing a crucial part in such woeful mismanagement... which of course is a highly accurate perceived association. You see the plebs have got longer memories than you'd like to think I suspect!

Still, I can understand your eagerness to get them back in when we have the exciting prospect of Ed "so what" Balls as Chancellor! Is he still in denial that any cuts are necessary in these austere times btw? Give him time, he'll figure it out, eventually. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does it matter? He will likely be replaced by another faceless clone of the Oxbridge type.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The PM is never safe. For the time being he's got his puppet before he's pushed out of the door.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The greatest paradox of a politicians life is seeking popularity with the clear knowledge s|he will loose it some time.

Brown at least started unpopular and ended it that way. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doc Shmok wrote: »
    The greatest paradox of a politicians life is seeking popularity with the clear knowledge s|he will loose it some time.

Brown at least started unpopular and ended it that way. :D

Cameron's thrown his popularity away. His PR advisers seemingly have sado-masochistic tendencies.
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    how could anyone suggest that this fine decent man isnt safe.what a jolly bad show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Cameron's thrown his popularity away. His PR advisers seemingly have sado-masochistic tendencies.

Well the career politicians find out that charisma and believe in your views can't be studied.

At least something.. in a democratic world full of demographics. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    There seems to been a severe case of collective amnesia amongnst Labour voters who seem to a forgotten all the Murdoch bed hoping that Labour did right up to the middle of last year and that includes their current leader.

Tony Blair, Gorden Brown and Ed Miliband are all just as guilty as David Cameron for sucking up to the Murdoch's so to somehow suggest that it's only a Tory/Cameron problem is complete nonesense.
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A party doing dodgy deals behind closed doors is corrupt if you ask me and therefore unfit to govern a country.

Fair argument - but who are you intending to replace them with - Labour? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leetay1 wrote: »
    There seems to been a severe case of collective amnesia amongnst Labour voters who seem to a forgotten all the Murdoch bed hoping that Labour did right up to the middle of last year and that includes their current leader.

Tony Blair, Gorden Brown and Ed Miliband are all just as guilty as David Cameron for sucking up to the Murdoch's so to somehow suggest that it's only a Tory/Cameron problem is complete nonesense.

They may have sucked up to the Murdoch's but it was Cameron who said he hadn't spoken to James Murdoch about the BSKYB deal yet under oath James Murdoch admitted he did have a discussion with him about it during a Christmas dinner at Rebekah Brookes and that he'd asked Cameron for his assurances that Jeremy Hunt, who took over the brief, would be more “objective” than Mr Cable not Blaire, Brown or E Miliband.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure anyone is safe in what seems to be becoming a titanic of government. The honeymoon period is well and truly over.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    If it can be proven that 1) something illegal or unethical was done AND 2) he knew about it and let it happen, then he should resign, but I doubt both of those conditions can or will be met.