Strictly: Into The Groove IV - Four Seasons

Comments

• winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time for Supernanny to dance to Beyonce! Please welcome Jo Frost!

Jo In Training:
    Learning how to dance had always been something I’ve wanted to do and I’m really excited that I now have the opportunity! Training with Pasha is great, he’s a lovely teacher and we have such a laugh in rehearsals! It’s worth doing Strictly just to be up close to Pasha!

Dancing the Quickstep to ‘Hey Goldmember’, please welcome Jo Frost & Pasha Kovalev....

What will our judges whip out?

Craig: 5
    Kylie: 6
    Adam: 6
    Karen: 6
    Total: 23

*Jo says that she really enjoyed that dance and that she’s loving dancing with Pasha. Pasha isn’t making eye contact*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It’s Mr Dave Berry’s turn to strut his stuff on the Dancefloor!

Dave In Training:
    Admittedly I wasn’t too sure about Strictly when I signed up as I only really signed up for the cash and a bit of promo for my show but I’m really glad I did! I never really thought I’d actually enjoy it but the foxtrot is a really fun dance and I love being all elegant and we’ve got a lovely fairytale theme for our dance which is magical!

Dancing the Foxtrot to ‘Charmed Life’, please welcome Dave Berry & Ola Jordan....

Will our judges be just as charming?

Craig: 7
    Kylie: 7
    Adam: 7
    Total: 27

*Dave grins as Ola squeals in excitement, Dave’s happy with his scores and hopes to stay consistent*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ready to close the show is June Sarpong!

June In Training:
    I’m just loving everything about Strictly, the dresses, the dance floor, Tristan, the judges, the sequins and even the nerves about performing. I am very nervous about going out on the dance floor as I really don’t want to make a fool out of myself, Tristan and I have rehearsed a lot so hopefully everything goes according to plan!

Dancing the Quickstep to ‘Sparkling Diamonds’, please welcome June Sarpong & Tristan MacManus....

And for the final time tonight – Let’s visit the judges!

Kylie: 8
    Adam: 8
    Karen: 8
    Total: 31

*June's pleased with her score despite her saying she made a few mistakes but Tristan tells her not to worry*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And so the show is now over so let’s look at how our six couples did!

1st – Lee & Kristina – 32
    2nd – June & Tristan – 31
    3rd – Cat & Derek – 29
    4th – Dave & Ola – 27
    5th – Jo & Pasha - 23
    6th – Owen & Chelsie – 19

Into The Groove will be back tomorrow night where our remaining 8 celebrities will take on a Quickstep or Foxtrot! Until then, see ya!
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Positively teasing me by holding Ed back until tomorrow, but very good first show. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    Positively teasing me by holding Ed back until tomorrow, but very good first show. :D

*Definitely not intentional and haven't placed him near the end of tomorrow's show*

Ed's totally not going to get the pimp slot. :blush:
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    winter99 wrote: »
    *Definitely not intentional and haven't placed him near the end of tomorrow's show*

Ed's totally not going to get the pimp slot. :blush:

Ed had better be getting ALL the pimp slots!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    Ed had better be getting ALL the pimp slots!

Pimp-slot-o-meter is going to prevent Ed getting pimped out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So yesterday, Lee from Steps topped the Leaderboard with 32 points for his foxtrot. June Sarpong and Cat Deeley were just below him and were followed by Dave Berry and Jo Frost. Owen Brenman was sadly at the bottom with Chelsie Hightower after only scoring 19 points. The Leaderboard is about to change as 8 more celebrities will be dancing for entertainment purposes only!

So without further ado, let’s meet the stars of our show!

TV Presenter, Cat Deeley & Derek Hough
    Steps Member, Lee Latchford Evans & Kristina Rihanoff
    Chef, Rachel Allen & Robin Windsor
    Actress, Eve Myles & Aljaz Skorjanec
    Gogglebox Star, Dominic Parker & Iveta Lukosuite
    TV Presenter, June Sarpong, OBE & Tristan MacManus
    From S Club 7, Tina Barrett & Trent Whiddon
    Grumpy Old Woman, Jenny Eclair & Anton Du Beke
    TV Presenter, Ortis Deley & Anya Garnis
    Radio Presenter, Dave Berry & Ola Jordan
    Doctors Actor, Owen Brenman & Chelsie Hightower
    Children’s TV Presenter, Barney Harwood & Natalie Lowe
    Politician, Ed Balls & Joanne Clifton
    Supernanny, Jo Frost & Pasha Kovalev

And let’s meet the fearsome foursome who’ll be marking them!

The one and only, Craig Revel-Horwood!
    Series 2 finalist, Kylie Minouge!
    Tap Dancer, Adam Garcia!
    Queen Of Latin, Karen Hardy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Opening the show today is Tina Barrett!

Tina In Training:
    I actually just can’t believe it! It still feels like a dream, everything’s so glamorous and glittery and I don’t want it to end! The Quickstep is rather fast but I am use to fast dancing but it’s rather hard to do all the moves at such a fast speed. I’m buzzing with excitement and hopefully things go well!

Dancing the Quickstep to ‘Everybody Get Pumped’, please welcome Tina Barrett & Trent Whiddon....

And over to the judges we go!

Karen: 7
    Total: 30

*Tina and Trent hug and Tina thanks the judges and says the dance went much better than expected*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And now it’s time for dancing Dom!

Dom In Training:
    Standing on the ballroom floor and having lots of people watching you is terrifying! I’m used to people watching me watch other people and having people watching me is making me nervous but I don’t want lots of people to watch me fall over or have a breakdown in the middle of a dance! My wife Steph has been very supportive and has helped a lovely lot!

Dancing the Foxtrot to ‘Just One Dance’, please welcome Dom Parker & Iveta Lukosuite....

What did our judges think?

Karen: 4
    Total: 21

*Dom’s a tad upset but says that he and Iveta can improve and will do better next week*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barney Harwood is next with another Foxtrot!

Barney In Training:
    Signing up for Strictly is probably one of the best decisions I’ve ever made as I’m so excited to start dancing. Natalie and I have just had our first rehearsal and I’m very excited to perform on Sunday night, I’ve got a few nerves which Natalie says is good but she’s a lovely teacher and I don’t wanna let her down!

Dancing the Foxtrot to ‘Bad Day’, please welcome Barney Harwood & Natalie Lowe....

Will the judges give Barney a bad day?

Kylie: 7
    Adam: 7
    Total: 28

*Barney and Natalie are both very surprised and pleased, Natalie says they can do better*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenny Eclair is up and ready to show us what she’s made of!

Jenny In Training:
    Wow, just wow is how I feel a about Strictly! The outfits are just lovely, really lovely, all the glitter and sequins are really magical, really, really magical. I really, really can’t wait to dance on the dance floor as it’s really, really magical and Anton and I are have a really wonderful time and hopefully it continues!

Dancing the Quickstep to ‘Tell Her About It’, please welcome Jenny Eclair & Anton Du Beke...

And the scores are....

Craig: 2
    Kylie: 4
    Adam: 5
    Karen: 3
    Total: 14

*Jenny’s smile fades as Robin hugs her, Jenny says she had fun and Robin says that there’s plenty of room to improve*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Foxtrotting for your entertainment is Ortis Deley!

Ortis In Training:
    Strictly is so much harder than I expected, I thought I’d suddenly be transformed into a dancer after an hour but it’s a lot of work but I’m enjoying every minute of it. Being taught a new skill by such a talented dancer is amazing and Anya and I are getting on well so I hope we manage to last a while together!

Dancing the Foxtrot to ‘Problem’, please welcome Ortis Deley & Anya Garnis....

What will our panel’s paddles present?

Kylie: 5
    Total: 22

*Ortis smiles and nods whilst Anya rests her head against his shoulder and looks sad. Ortis says they can hopefully bounce back*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It’s time for Rachel Allen to take to the dance floor!

Rachel In Training:
    Training is a lot of work but Robin makes it enjoyable, he’s really lovely and we have a lot of fun as well as doing lots of tough work, the quickstep is tougher than I expected but it’s rather nice to be thrown in at the deep end although I am hoping to a more romantic waltz next week but I’m happy enough quickstepping!

Dancing the Quickstep to ‘Honey, I’m No Good’, please welcome Rachel Allen & Robin Windsor...

What did our judges think of that?

Craig: 4
    Kylie: 5
    Adam: 4
    Karen: 5
    Total: 18

*Rachel sighs but says she’s even more excited for next week, Robin smiles and the pair hug*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the final male is the fabulous Ed Balls!

Ed In Training:
    Heya! Mr Balls is ready for training; I’m ever so excited to start training with my partner... Jennifer, no, Joanna. The foxstep is a tricky little dance but I’m practised for a few hours so hopefully it’s enough, I hope the audience like it as I’m really enjoying it and don’t want to leave, I’m in it to win it!

Dancing the Foxtrot to ‘Story Of My Life’, please welcome Ed Balls & Joanne Clifton...

And let’s see what your score is!

Craig: 2
    Adam: 3
    Karen: 3
    Total: 12

*Ed looks shocked and then frowns as he admits he felt he deserved much higher and then blames the production team. Joanne doesn’t get to speak*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And closing the show is Eve Myles!

Eve In Training:
    I’ve just been told that I’m closing Sunday’s show and I am rather nervous, training for the quickstep has been tough and tricky but I think Aljaz and I have done a very good job and hopefully the crowd and judges are very supportive. The quickstep has been a lot of fun so I’m not too fussed about the scores as I just want to enjoy it!

Dancing the Quickstep to ‘Hey, Soul Sister’, please welcome Eve Myles & Aljaz Skorjanec...

And the final score of the night is....

Total: 31

*Eve shrieks and the pair hug, Eve’s delighted and says she can’t wait to waltz next week*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And so all the couples have danced so let’s look at the Leaderboard!

1st – Lee & Kristina – 32
    2nd – Eve & Aljaz - 31
    2nd – June & Tristan – 31
    4th – Tina & Trent – 30
    5th – Cat & Derek – 29
    6th - Barney & Natalie- 28
    7th – Dave & Ola – 27
    8th – Jo & Pasha – 23
    9th – Ortis & Anya – 22
    10th – Dom & Iveta - 21
    11th – Owen & Chelsie – 19
    12th – Rachel & Robin – 18
    13th – Jenny & Anton – 14
    14th – Ed & Joanne – 12

So Lee remains at the top with Eve below him, Tina slots underneath June and Barney fits in under Cat. In 7th is Dave, then Jo, then Ortis. Dom and Owen are 10th and 11th. Rachel slots in at 12th with a score of 18. Jenny is second from last with 14 points but Mr Balls is at the bottom. But all could change next week where the lines will open for the first time and we will lose one couple. :( Until then, see ya!

Vote for your week 1 faves!
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    Eve. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Into The Groove

Welcome to week 2 of Strictly: Into The Groove – Four Seasons!

Last week our 14 couples took on the foxtrot and the quickstep! All our couples are back and are ready to dance a foxtrot, a quickstep, the waltz or a cha cha cha! The judges will score and their scores will be added with the scores from last week. The lines will open for the first time this series and we will sadly lose our first couple! :(

So without further ado, let’s meet the stars of our show!

TV Presenter, Cat Deeley & Derek Hough
    Steps Member, Lee Latchford Evans & Kristina Rihanoff
    Chef, Rachel Allen & Robin Windsor
    Actress, Eve Myles & Aljaz Skorjanec
    Gogglebox Star, Dominic Parker & Iveta Lukosuite
    TV Presenter, June Sarpong, OBE & Tristan MacManus
    From S Club 7, Tina Barrett & Trent Whiddon
    Grumpy Old Woman, Jenny Eclair & Anton Du Beke
    TV Presenter, Ortis Deley & Anya Garnis
    Radio Presenter, Dave Berry & Ola Jordan
    Doctors Actor, Owen Brenman & Chelsie Hightower
    Children’s TV Presenter, Barney Harwood & Natalie Lowe
    Politician, Ed Balls & Joanne Clifton
    Supernanny, Jo Frost & Pasha Kovalev

And let’s meet the fearsome foursome who’ll be marking them!

The one and only, Craig Revel-Horwood!
    Series 2 finalist, Kylie Minouge!
    Tap Dancer, Adam Garcia!
    Queen Of Latin, Karen Hardy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Opening today’s show is June Sarpong!

June In Training:
    Last week was such an incredible experience, being up on the dance floor surrounded by the crowd and having all the lights in my face felt amazing! I’m really happy with my quickstep and I hope our foxtrot goes just as well and hopefully beat my week 1 score!

Dancing the Foxtrot to ‘I’ve Got The World’, please welcome June Sarpong & Tristan MacManus...

And the first score of the night is.....

Total: 26

*June smiles and says she’s pleased even though her score isn’t a good as last week*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up is Mr Balls!

Ed In Training:
    I was a tad upset with my foxtrot score but I guess it is week one, I’d love to beat my score of 12 so I’ve been rehearsing for a few extra hours, I’m confident than Joanne and I can survive the first elimination, I’m already excited for new week!

Dancing the Cha Cha Cha to ‘Having A Ball’, please welcome Ed Balls Joanne Clifton...

Can Ed beat last week’s score of 12?

Craig: 1
    Adam: 3
    Karen: 2
    Total: 10

*Ed sighs but says he’s confident he’ll survive*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waltzing for your votes is Eve Myles!

Eve In Training:
    The Quickstep was such a fun dance but I am glad I get a nice slower dance, I’m glad to be sticking with Ballroom as I think I prefer it to the faster Latin dances. The waltz training is going very well and hopefully I can beat a score of 31!

Dancing the Waltz to ‘Turning Tables’, please welcome Eve Myles & Aljaz Skorjanec....

What will our panel score?

Craig: 8
    Total: 32

*Eve jumps up and down and hugs Aljaz as she’s delighted with her score*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoping to impress with a Quickstep is Ortis Deley!

Ortis In Training:
    Anya and I practised a lot for our foxtrot so a score of 22 was a shame, Joanne and I have put in a lot of work for our quickstep which I’m really enjoying. No one wants to be the first to leave so hopefully I can do enough to avoid the dance off as I don’t want to let Anya down!

Dancing the Quickstep to ‘I’m So Excited’, please welcome Ortis Deley & Anya Garnis

And let’s see the scores....

Adam: 5
    Karen: 4
    Total: 20

*Ortis sighs but begs to the public to keep him in*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time for Rachel Allen to waltz!

Rachel In Training:
    I wasn’t too surprised with last week’s score but I was a bit disappointed as I really wanted to do better! I have high hopes for this week as Robin and I are getting a lot of work done and we’re getting on well which I hope helps for the waltz! The waltz is a dance I’ve always wanted to learn and I’m glad I have the chance.

Dancing the Waltz to ‘I’m Not The Only One’, please welcome Rachel Allen & Robin Windsor...

Rachel’s score is...

Craig: 4
    Karen: 5
    Total: 21

*Rachel’s happy with a three points improvement and hugs Robin*