Options

Review of this week's Eastenders just what is the Point? by Jim Shelly

Comments

• Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Oh look the Daily Mail slating BBC EastEnders. Who would have gussed that.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Haha Dan, so true, the Daily Fail always slates EE, its a Torie rag and talks bull crap all the time.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not so much DM, but Jim Shelley has always hated EE
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good week very enjoyable
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim Shelley slates every programme he watches. I will go as far as saying I have no idea why he continues to watch tv as it obviously makes him desperately unhappy.

maybe reporting on something that interests him would be better
  • Options
    Doctor BenchDoctor Bench Posts: 4,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    Haha Dan, so true, the Daily Fail always slates EE, its a Torie rag and talks bull crap all the time.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean it's bullshit. I agree with a lot of what he's saying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of the comments seem to show some people agree with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Some people pick their nose, dont really mean much, and as I said, its a Torie rag.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair one could ask the same about reading a Jim Shelley article in the Daily Heil. :D

The people on this site moan about the show for free and are generally a lot more entertaining!
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    well some of the article is right. however the past couple of weeks have been the best i have seen the show in a long long time.
    but frankly Eastenders has been way too inconsistent, i am loving it at the moment, but theirs been points before this where i have just had to switch over half way through, the ludicrous Stacey storyline with that bloody key, the absolutely mind numbing Shabnam and Kush. the way past their use by date Carters (even though they havent been there long) with that bloody cartoon character danny dyer.
    basically the show is held together by the Mitchells and the Beales. and i am not entrely sure i would still be watching had it not been for Kathy's appearance in the live episode, which i think was a stroke of genius for a failing show.
  • Options
    sally_allensally_allen Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Just because you disagree doesn't mean it's bullshit. I agree with a lot of what he's saying.
    I agree as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people pick their nose, dont really mean much, and as I said, its a Torie rag.

Of course it's a right wing paper but whats that got to do with a review of Eastenders?
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Spot on. Saying nothing that hasn't been already been said on here. In fact he probably got the gist of the article from reading DS.
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed with everything he said, sorry:blush:
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I think this week has been very strong. I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    well some of the article is right. however the past couple of weeks have been the best i have seen the show in a long long time.
    but frankly Eastenders has been way too inconsistent, i am loving it at the moment, but theirs been points before this where i have just had to switch over half way through, the ludicrous Stacey storyline with that bloody key, the absolutely mind numbing Shabnam and Kush. the way past their use by date Carters (even though they havent been there long) with that bloody cartoon character danny dyer.
    basically the show is held together by the Mitchells and the Beales. and i am not entrely sure i would still be watching had it not been for Kathy's appearance in the live episode, which i think was a stroke of genius for a failing show.

Cartoon character Danny Dyer when you've got super villian never to be beaten Philth. This forum is funny.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Completely agree with him. In fact my opinion of the last couple of weeks is possibly more scathing.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The comments on the DM site are nearly always negative regardless of the subject.
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody actually still read this gutter trash, from a bunch of right wing extremists who should really be confined to the annals of history. Ugh I give up :(>:(:(
  • Options
    Acejr200Acejr200 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Cartoon character Danny Dyer when you've got super villian never to be beaten Philth. This forum is funny.

Haha my thoughts exactly. Everyone is so quick to take jabs at the carters when in actual fact the mitchells are more of a parody in themselves. But because they aren't dtc's creation and have been a part of the show for so long, they are seen as the gods of Albert Square by some. Rose tinted glasses comes to mind.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    He's not wrong. The show's been a bit of a farce for the last couple of weeks.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not being funny, but just because you won't say a bad word about the show, doesn't mean everyone else isn't entitled to an opinion. Also, what's being a Tory got to do with not liking a TV show?:confused:

As for the article, I have to disagree, I'm loving EastEnders ATM, and think this summer has been a lot better than the previous one. There's no denying that the show is struggling in the ratings ATM though and that many people are annoyed with the show, the comments section in the article proves that. The Facebook page is just full of criticism towards the show. It will be interesting to see if DTC and co, can turn that criticism around... I just hope the quality remains when the focus returns to the Carters and Masoods next week. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do have bad words to say about EE when I feel it is bad, like the crap exit Lola got.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do have bad words to say about EE when I feel it is bad, like the crap exit Lola got.

I've never seen you say a bad word about the show. Nothing wrong with that, but sometimes it feels like you forget other people are entitled to their own opinion, and just call them moaners. :p