Dr Who World Tour

Comments

• CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Promotion tour finishes on Tue 19th August, fairly likely then I think for the new series to start on Sat 23rd August.
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is amazing how much BBC Worldwide are willing to promote Doctor Who since 2013. I had no idea Doctor Who was popular in Mexico and South Korea (Doctor Who is on TV in North Korea). And it is nice to see how willing Capaldi is to meet the fans especially so soon after the filming.

However I have to say I do not like the inclusion of the Union Jack in the logo.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *stares at the page for a while*

So... I guess they're promoting the show again, huh :p
    Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman will appear together for the first time in the US when they arrive in New York

So, no joint-appearance or no appearance at all at Comic Con?
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you would have thought they would have chosen 1 southern city and 1 northern one as well here in the UK
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you would have thought they would have chosen 1 southern city and 1 northern one as well here in the UK

You mean like London and Watford right :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    You mean like London and Watford right :p

i think that they think the country ends at Watford Gap,lol
  • KaylanKaylan Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »
    I think it is amazing how much BBC Worldwide are willing to promote Doctor Who since 2013. I had no idea Doctor Who was popular in Mexico and South Korea (Doctor Who is on TV in North Korea). And it is nice to see how willing Capaldi is to meet the fans especially so soon after the filming.

However I have to say I do not like the inclusion of the Union Jack in the logo.

Why ?
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah, the British. The only nation on earth embarrassed by their flag. Can you imagine an American or a Frenchman or a South African or (*insert name of any other country on earth) writing such a silly line?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    Ah, the British. The only nation on earth embarrassed by their flag. Can you imagine an American or a Frenchman or a South African or (*insert name of any other country on earth) writing such a silly line?

Why do you have to be incredibly rude?

And given I have worked with Americans, French and South Africans and people from other countries I can imagine then writing a similar line. How much experience do you have of those nationalities apart from going on holiday? Probably very little experience.

And talking about silly lines would you take your own advice and stop making comments like these in the future and if you are going to be as rude as this I suggest you get off the forums. And I am not embarrassed by my flag I just think the logo which includes it looks silly in my opinion.

Also what makes you assume I am British?
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they touring on a bus?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you have to be incredibly rude?

And given I have worked with Americans, French and South Africans and people from other countries I can imagine then writing a similar line. How much experience do you have of those nationalities apart from going on holiday? Probably very little experience.

And talking about silly lines would you take your own advice and stop making comments like these in the future and if you are going to be as rude as this I suggest you get off the forums. And I am not embarrassed by my flag I just think the logo which includes it looks silly in my opinion.

Also what makes you assume I am British?

A tad OTT reaction, don't you think?

And it's a bit rich accusing anyone else of rudeness given how sarcy you were to a poster the other day who had the temerity to suggest the 1970s was a cool decade.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A tad OTT reaction, don't you think?

And it's a bit rich accusing anyone else of rudeness given how sarcy you were to a poster the other day who had the temerity to suggest the 1970s was a cool decade.

I didn't spoke to that poster in the way that you have spoken to me. And if it came across rude then it wasn't intended. It is clear from your posts that you mean to be rude. As I said if you want to be rude (without being provoked) go somewhere else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

personally im not embarrassed by it,we are who we are at the end of the day,be proud of it is the way i look at it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't spoke to that poster in the way that you have spoken to me. And if it came across rude then it wasn't intended. It is clear from your posts that you mean to be rude. As I said if you want to be rude go somewhere else.

I wasn't intentionally rude with you to start with. Flippant, yes, I'll grant you that. And perhaps not everyone appreciates flippancy; if so, then that's regrettable. Maybe we all need to be aware that what we type might be misinterpreted. Your response to those other posters did come across as incredibly sarcastic. But I'm happy to accept you didn't mean it to be so.

So let's leave it there.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Why are some people reluctant to embrace our (British) flag ? I say all for it and it's apity they didn't find an excuse to paint the Tardis in the Union Flag for the 50th. As for the locations for the tours, yet again London gets it. Do these people not know there a re major cities north of Watford ? What was wrong with having it say in Newcastle. The futuristic Sage building on the Quay would have made a great backdrop. For those who don't know it I suggest you google it, it is an astonishing building.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be in London for that week. Marvellous.
  • donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not much around Europe
    And yes it would be nice if people would remember Britain doesn't equal London for a change
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Why are some people reluctant to embrace our (British) flag ? I say all for it and it's apity they didn't find an excuse to paint the Tardis in the Union Flag for the 50th. As for the locations for the tours, yet again London gets it. Do these people not know there a re major cities north of Watford ? What was wrong with having it say in Newcastle. The futuristic Sage building on the Quay would have made a great backdrop. For those who don't know it I suggest you google it, it is an astonishing building.

Well, London, while not only being the capital is the easiest place in the UK to actually get to for everyone. It's just logical sense to put it in London.
  • SealegSealeg Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    donovan5 wrote: »
    Not much around Europe
    And yes it would be nice if people would remember Britain doesn't equal London for a change

I agree, it would have been nice to visit the north or Scotland, especially seeing as the new lead is Glaswegian.
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical the only uk cities are cardiff and london. London not at all easy to get to. Would be better to have birmingham, Manchester, Norwich, Newcastle, Glasgow, Belfast too then the uk is fairly covered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typical the only uk cities are cardiff and london. London not at all easy to get to. Would be better to have birmingham, Manchester, Norwich, Newcastle, Glasgow, Belfast too then the uk is fairly covered.

If you want to kill Capaldi and Coleman.

There is a window on this tour. Between finishing filming and the series starting. They can't hit every city on the planet.
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smith and gillan did it on a tour bus. It was covered by dr who confidential. I think the travelling around the globe thats the killer. Not sure why thet are going to rio and seoul though. It is a british programme. Nice jolly up for them though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What do you mean not easy to get to? London is one of the easiest places to get to in the UK (it would be difficult if you lived in rural areas but for the vast majority of people it is easy to get to) there are motorways, multiple railway mainlines and multiple airports.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smith and gillan did it on a tour bus. It was covered by dr who confidential. I think the travelling around the globe thats the killer. Not sure why thet are going to rio and seoul though. It is a british programme. Nice jolly up for them though.

Because they want to attract a larger international audience. What is wrong with Britain exporting TV shows?
  • nate1970nate1970 Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got tickets for Cardiff! :D