Orange - f***ing LIARS!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
Forum Member
I took out a contract with Orange but my phone was stolen (not insured etc) so I bought a PAYG phone from CPW on Orange and Customer Service told me the £20 credit I had to apply to the phone to get it at the price I paid could be transferred to my bill so I'd be £20 in credit - happy days.

I just got the phone back now, called up CS only to be told no you CAN'T do that!!

Honestly they're full of s**t!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would you be able to do this anyway? I think its CPW that hsve lied to you to get the sale not Orange. I've never heard of this being done or even possible. Credit is non transferable as far as I now.
  • TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way you can transfer money from PAYG to PAYM is if you're transferring the PAYG number to contract.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Why would you be able to do this anyway? I think its CPW that hsve lied to you to get the sale not Orange. I've never heard of this being done or even possible. Credit is non transferable as far as I now.

CPW haven't lied at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    from what you have said i presume the following:

You currently have a phoneless contract sim. You walk into CPW and get a Pay & go Orange locked phone where say the phone cost £80 and top up £20 total you hand over £100, Carphone warehouse representative tells you that you can have the £20 credited to your Orange bill. You come home put your Monthly sim into the new phone call up ORANGE customer service and they tell you that its not possible.

Now if thats the case i think you should go back to that shop and sort something out, Orange are not at fault here CPW is who you need to talk to not Orange.
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,791
    Forum Member
    Its not clear from SuddenImpulse's posts whose Customer Service told him the £20 could be transferred to his bill. The first post implies it was CPW but the other implies it was Orange.
    Forum Member
    Orange's CS were the ones who told me I could do it - CPW had nothing to do with the issue other than they sold me the phone.

Anyway an update.

I was pissed off for a while over this so I called back and demanded to speak to someone in charge - I had clearly been misled.

The guy I just spoke to listened to my full rant and confirmed that Orange do not offer this sort of service.

However he believe what happened and offered to put a £20 credit on my bill. Job done as far as I'm concerned. His actions have restored my faith in Orange.

I cannot stand being lied to or fed BS by callcentre agents especially when it leads me to be out of pocket. But they came good for me on this occasion.

The cynic in me is thinking maybe he said all that to get me off the phone and should I call back later it'll be a case of "sorry there's no record of that call" however he gave me his first name and extension number which gives it some legitimacy at least.

Just to be sure I think I'll call them again tomorrow to confirm...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member

We do it on Virgin. We get loads of customers on the £10 media sim deal who buy new phones with airtime. You just send it via text and it comes off your bill
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,791
    Forum Member
    What do you send by text? If you get the phone from Carphone Warehouse there is no physical top-up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    prking wrote: »
    What do you send by text? If you get the phone from Carphone Warehouse there is no physical top-up.

Sorry, in our Virgin Mobile stores we give £10 top-up voucher which you can apply to any number
  • paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought a PAYGO phone in the orange shop where the assistant told me I could transfer the £10 to the PAYM sim. I called up orange and they said no. I cant be arsed getting my blood pressure up and wasting an hour of my time being pushed from pillar to post for a tenner.

Just modern day red tape, lack of knowledge and computer says no in action I'm afraid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
    Forum Member
    Orange have always been liars and their customer service line is terrible.

I remember years ago when they said "run out of credit on Pay as you Go and you can get one free call up to a minute, or two 30 second free calls".

Never once worked any time I tried it. As is still the case to this day, calling when you have low credit will just take you straight through to "Your talktime balance... blah blah".

I've been with them for many years but will be changing as and when I get a new phone. I'd switch sooner but can't be bothered shelling out to get my phone unlocked.
    Forum Member
    Called them back today and they have indeed added the £20 to my account. Nice one Orange.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chief wrote: »
    Orange have always been liars and their customer service line is terrible.

I remember years ago when they said "run out of credit on Pay as you Go and you can get one free call up to a minute, or two 30 second free calls".

Never once worked any time I tried it. As is still the case to this day, calling when you have low credit will just take you straight through to "Your talktime balance... blah blah".

I've been with them for many years but will be changing as and when I get a new phone. I'd switch sooner but can't be bothered shelling out to get my phone unlocked.

you need to activate that feature read here:
    http://www1.orange.co.uk/service_plans/payasyougo/reserve_tank_overview.html

and its cool SuddenImpulse that they gave you the credit £20 is nothing compared to the bad rep as a result of not doing so, they should deal with problems like this more often, this is quite surprising in my view.
    Forum Member
    Well as you can see I was pretty pissed off with them. As a result I sent them an email commending the guy who sorted it out.