Options

doctor who- wouldnt rose now remember the doctor from 2005?

dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
Forum Member
when the 10th doctor met rose on new years day 2005 wouldn't that change history as shed regonise him when he regenerates?

Comments

• Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doubt the incident would make much of an impression on her. Sort of like showing Martha his tie, but too far removed to be in long-term memory.
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the whole idea was the 10th Doctor was in shadow slightly so she couldn't see him properly and therefore unlikely to recognise him when he appeared after the regeneration.

:)
  • Options
    sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would yuo remember someone you met for a few seconds past midnight a couple of months ago, probably after being at a party, drinking
  • Options
    DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    Would yuo remember someone you met for a few seconds past midnight a couple of months ago, probably after being at a party, drinking

Someone who was apparently drunk, and hunched over supposedly vomiting, gibbering some new year crap like 'its gonna be a good year for you darlin' (which is how she'll probably remember it), in the snow in the early hours of 1 January 2005 after the exitement of a new years eve night out etc etc etc!!!

He was simply observing from afar...nothing to worry about!!;)
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it have been amazing foresight back in 2005 if RTD had started the first episode of the first series with that scene.

No one at that time would have known DT was going to become the Doc, and when he did become the Doc we would have been frantically wondering what the scene meant for the best part of five years.... would have been cool beyond belief.

In fact I think they should re master 'Rose' and stitch it in some how
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And they may well have had that conversation in the TARDIS, off-screen: "Wait a minute, where you there on 1st Jan 2005?" "Maybe. Dunno. Spoilers!"
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    This was asked when that scene was first shown.

In response to your question, do you remember everybody you encountered last new year's eve? I certainly don't.
  • Options
    dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    This was asked when that scene was first shown.

In response to your question, do you remember everybody you encountered last new year's eve? I certainly don't.

if i walked home and someone i didnt know said to me your gonna have a great year it would stick in my mind ye its not like it was at a party
  • Options
    lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if i walked home and someone i didnt know said to me your gonna have a great year it would stick in my mind ye its not like it was at a party

But she doesn't meet the tenth Doctor first, she meets 9 first who regenerates in front of her into 10 a year or even more later. I don't think she would remember. If she had been living in a little village with hardly any new people, then yes, but in London you meet hundreds of strangers every day, you probably wouldn't recognise them after 1 1/2 years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    when the 10th doctor met rose on new years day 2005 wouldn't that change history as shed regonise him when he regenerates?

She probably wouldn't remember him, and even if she did how would it change history?
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I don't think it was a massively questionable plot element... it was simply the only way they could write Rose into The End of Time really, which is fair play I guess. :)

What I really wish they'd have done with that scene, and I've said it before is instead of having Ten say "I bet you're gonna have a great year", he should have said "I bet this year is going to be fantastic" I'd have loved that little reference to Eccleston to bring the era full circle, and of course Ten said "Fantastic" to Rose himself almost in that exact spot in the snow in his first episode, The Christmas Invasion :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But she doesn't meet the tenth Doctor first, she meets 9 first who regenerates in front of her into 10 a year or even more later. I don't think she would remember. If she had been living in a little village with hardly any new people, then yes, but in London you meet hundreds of strangers every day, you probably wouldn't recognise them after 1 1/2 years.

Together with all the stuff she's going to do and see in 2005 onwards, as well as the trauma of Canary Wharf and being sent to a parallel universe...I really don't think she will sit there watching Eastenders (or Westenders as its called in the Parallel universe!;)) one day and think...'Hang on a minute....Ooooohhhh Yeaahhhhh!!!!!:D
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member

Would you recognise them months later though? I remember passing an old couple who wished me Happy New Year on the walk home from a friends place last NYE. I wouldn't recognise them if I saw them now though.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    (or Westenders as its called in the Parallel universe!;))

Being primarily about the cast and crew of a long-running musical?

Would you recognise them months later though? I remember passing an old couple who wished me Happy New Year on the walk home from a friends place last NYE. I wouldn't recognise them if I saw them now though.
    I'm forever exchanging pleasantries with people on the street, without even looking them in the eye — and those are people I walk directly past. The eye contact rules are those I picked up in London.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    Being primarily about the cast and crew of a long-running musical?

Ged ahta my opwah, go'on ged aht!
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    Ged ahta my opwah, go'on ged aht!

"Shssh! Shssh! Bruv! We're faaaaaaaamily!" — Paul McGann
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    "Shssh! Shssh! Bruv! We're faaaaaaaamily!" — Paul McGann

:D:D;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Isn't it amazing that after all these years we're still talking about Rose Tyler? No, not really. Come back Billie!! :D