Options

Hollyoaks Character To Exit... (SPOILERS)

2»

Comments

• Options
    08MattL9008MattL90 Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    If it's true, I'm gutted, love Amy :'(
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    beccilee wrote: »
    I don't dislike her but she doesn't bring anything to the show apart from being ste's go to when he is having a hard day.

Exactly this. She really only exists to provide Ste with some scenes, she doesn't have a purpose on her own. If ASD has decided to move on, I wouldn't blame her. She could have done much more, given the opportunity (even though I do hate Amy's whiny voice and attitude, so I can't say I'd miss her much! :p )
    Wow, Hollyoaks are losing a lot of the established characters. Michaela now Amy...

Established? Michaela? I'd have described her as a character who's had almost zilch to do since her comeback, and is totally pointless. Hollyoaks need to be getting rid of more deadwood characters like this.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    08MattL90 wrote: »
    If it's true, I'm gutted, love Amy :'(

Same ... :(

I wish they'd given her more to do, because her and Michaela were great as mates, once, and they could have done loads together. But I just loved her family unit with Ste. One of the only really happy families in the village.

If the actress has chosen to go, good luck to her though.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Hopefully she she gets Silas'd while waiting for a bus.

:D 100 internet point to you!
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VIP101 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/scoop/a395888/hollyoaks-amy-shock-eastenders-proposal-corrie-violence-latest.html

So looks like Amy is off, is it for good though does anyone know?

I posted a thread on the whole week here for discussion: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1702761

But looks like Amy is off, does anyone know if Amy is going for good or more like a break?

I like Amy and see she might have quit, I don't think she was axed but if she was, we saved her once we can do it again!

Id miss Amy if she left for good
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More bad news for Oaks in my opinion.
  • Options
    victoria1961victoria1961 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Bluebird69 wrote: »
    She really only exists to provide Ste with some scenes, she doesn't have a purpose on her own. If ASD has decided to move on, I wouldn't blame her. She could have done much more, given the opportunity (even though I do hate Amy's whiny voice and attitude, so I can't say I'd miss her much! :p )

I like Amy too and agree with the above, in that she doesn't have a real focus. Would be good to have her in a storyline involving the Coffee Shop before she went.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    More bad news for Oaks in my opinion.

Besides Silas, it's the best thing Oaks has done in years!
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hardly, silly statement. :)
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope that this isn't permanent, she's one of HO's best actresses and with Karen Hassan gone, the last thing they need is another strong actress leaving permanently too. Knowing ES, she'll be building Maddie up as HO's rising star :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    :D 100 internet point to you!

Thank you. :D

I'm surprised the actress is getting so much praise. She's definitely not on the same level as Karen Hassan.

She can't even deliver regular dialogue scenes believably without twitching and putting strange pauses in her sentence. She's not gotten any better in these 7 years either.
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Thank you. :D

I'm surprised the actress is getting so much praise. She's definitely not on the same level as Karen Hassan.

She can't even deliver regular dialogue scenes believably without twitching and putting strange pauses in her sentence. She's not gotten any better in these 7 years either.

No, she's not the strongest actress - but nowhere near as wooden and awful as several of the cast! ;)

Amy was sometimes tolerable, although most of the time I found her an extremely annoying character. I don't like Ste, so therefore the loss of their family set-up and relationship is not something I'm bothered about.

She did give good tea scenes with Brendan, though, I'll give her that. :D But that might have been more down to Emmett Scanlan's ability to draw the best out of his co-stars and make everyone around him look a little better than they really are. :cool:
  • Options
    SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she is gone for good, then she should have got a much better exit SL. Imo her or Michaela should have got Silas'd..

Why are Hollyoaks getting rid of all the Great people on the show? They're focusing way to much on the likes of The Savages...I kinda hope the ratings decline to give them a much needed wake up call!
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly, silly statement. :)

How is it? The character is a complete horrible bitch, how she got any fans is a mystery to me!
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    If its permanent then I am well and truly gutted. :cry:

I hope its just a break and she'll come back with a good story, ASD is a fantastic actress and she deserves a big story.
  • Options
    JustBetterJustBetter Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she got Silas'd it would be terrible news for poor Barnesy. Losing two daughters!
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    This makes it sound like she is staying - “Things are going to be very awkward between Amy and Ste for quite a while.” - http://www.dailystar.co.uk/soaperstar/view/264412/Hollyoaks-Amy-Barnes-kisses-Ste-Hay/

Everyone is saying she is leaving - but it could be a Tony style break.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I like Amy, so it'd be nice if it wasn't a pernament exit but if it is, I hope it's a good one for the character.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's true then I'm actually sad because I like Amy:( They could of done a bit more with the character, I'm really hoping this isn't permanent because she's a good actress but unfortunately she might be going for good since she's now on the soap movers list:(

Why do people want Amy killed/Silased?:eek: I really don't want that to happen! It's bad enough than Barnesy lost one daughter and it would be awful for Leah, Ste and Lucas:(

Not really...the best thing Oaks can do is axe Liberty:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    It's a shame if she's leaving for good.

I've watched Hollyoaks since Amy got pregnant (the first time) and while I'd never have called her my favourite character, I now realise I've become quietly fond of her.

I more often than not enjoy her scenes, and despite all the drama that has befallen her over the years I think she's one of the few people in Hollyoaks that feels like she could be someone I actually know. I particularly like how she's evolved from being a young and silly school girl to a (for the most part) responsible mum, and her unconventional but great family unit with Ste and the kids.

I'll miss her presence on the show and I hope she gets a good send off!
  • Options
    Suitcase BeraoSuitcase Berao Posts: 6,078
    Forum Member
    I dont think this is permanent

we would have heard about it if it was
    Because everyone knew Karen Hassan was leaving didn't they...