Is it never cold in Soapland?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
Forum Member
For years, various barmaids in the Rovers have worn sleeveless tops in all weathers. Stella, Michelle, Tina, Becky etc. You would think that in winter it might get a bit chilly in the bar, particularly as it is about two steps to the door. They must have the heating on really high!

Then yesterday in Emmerdale, poor Little Jack had no socks on. In December. Whilst I'm sure the studio/set is nice and warm, its just a little detail that makes it more unrealistic.

Is it just me or does this bug other people too?

Comments

• Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,224
    Forum Member
    I've never really noticed to be honest.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,732
    Forum Member
    Then yesterday in Emmerdale, poor Little Jack had no socks on. In December. Whilst I'm sure the studio/set is nice and warm, its just a little detail that makes it more unrealistic.
    Actually, most sets are cold. They aren't heated. The overhead lighting will provide some warmth during filming. I guess it depends on when they filmed the scenes, as it was probably an oversight.
  • x_malibubabex_malibubabe Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've worked in many bars, it gets so hot running about all the time, but I can't say I've actually noticed it on EE.
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollyoaks is the worst for this - year round no matter the weather, the girls are in dresses, short skirts, no sleeves etc. It looks ridiculous! I know it's coz they're all 'gorgeous' and can flaunt it, but come on, it's December - WRAP UP!!
    There is no way you could walk around like that at this time of year. And it's ALL the girls, not just one or two of them.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks is the worst for this - year round no matter the weather, the girls are in dresses, short skirts, no sleeves etc. It looks ridiculous! I know it's coz they're all 'gorgeous' and can flaunt it, but come on, it's December - WRAP UP!!
    There is no way you could walk around like that at this time of year. And it's ALL the girls, not just one or two of them.

This is not really on topic but it reminded me of a memory I always find funny.
    Warren's sister Katie. She always words skimpy tops and short skirts up to her knickers. Always. Always. And heels. Whatever the weather.
    Yet she turned up for one episode in tracksuit pants and a sweatshirt (and trainers). It looked so odd and out place for her to be dressed like that - but that was the episode everyone knew Claire was going to abduct her, so of course she had to be suitably dressed for being 'roughed up' a bit! lol
    She was left tied up lying on a dirty floor at one point. If she wore what she usually wore - well, who knows what might have been on display! lol

That was in early September 2007 and I've never forgotten it cos it just stood out so much from what she usually wore and what she usually looked like! :D
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happens on Home and Away too, you see them in skimpy bikini's on the beach even though its winter in Australia I know it won't be as cold as a british winter but still wouldn't hot enough for bikini's on the beach, apparently its to appeal to us Brits though.
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even now watching HO, Mercedes is wondering the streets in a tiny dress! Does the costume budget on that show not stretch to a few nice pairs of jeans for the ladies?!
  • Kevin_BaptisteKevin_Baptiste Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Soaps tend to miss small day-to-day things like this.

I mean the other week in Coronation Street, David and Ryan were standing outside the rovers in daylight. One of them asked the other what the time was - the other said it was 5:30PM. 5:30PM, in DAYLIGHT? :confused: :rolleyes:

But I remember during a major snow day in January, in EastEnders Roxy was complaining no-one could get in as they were snowed under, and I thought that was very well done.

But I think the scenes we're seeing now were filmed in September/October, so it wasn't as cold as it is now, but like I said, the respective soap probably forgot that in order to concentrate on their biggest story (again) :rolleyes: .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    i was thinking that the othernight when that tina walked through the pub door at night time with just a top on