Nicole offered 'huge pay rise' to return

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
Forum Member
✭✭
X Factor judge Nicole Scherzinger will be back on The X Factor UK next year, at least if Simon Cowell gets his way.

The Pussycat Doll has proved a hit with viewers and impressed bosses by taking two of her acts all the way to the final.

However Nicole recently revealed she may not be returning, claiming: “I’m really glad I did the show. I don’t know if I’ll come back next year. End on a high, right?”

Wanting to focus on her music career, the singer has already recorded her new single Boomerang for release in the new year, and hopes that her new fans from the show will help it do well.

She said: “This year has changed my life. As an artist, it’s put into perspective what I want, how to go about it.

“People have made me so comfortable and I have to thank you.”

However insiders say X Factor boss Simon is keen to get Nicole back, and will offer her a “huge pay rise” to get her to commit.

An X Factor source told the Daily Mail: “Nicole has had a phenomenally successful year. She has established herself as part of the X Factor family.

“Simon is prepared to pull out all the stops to make sure she comes back, including offering her a huge pay rise. She has been a revelation, by far and away the most popular judge.”

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/123543-x-factor-2012-nicole-scherzinger-offered-huge-pay-rise-to-return.html#ixzz2Eso1DroW

Comments

• abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nicole needs to come back!! really enjoyed her on that panel!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Shamazing Baby!
  • BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont see why they bother. It's not like she wouldnt want to do a second season anyway. She's made that obvious...
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ratings were down 20%, I can't see any of the judges getting a raise.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Bluestone wrote: »
    I dont see why they bother. It's not like she wouldnt want to do a second season anyway. She's made that obvious...

Don't quote me on this, but I think a pay increase for a judge returning for a second year is the norm. When Cheryl filed her lawsuit against XF:USA the published paperwork shows that her contract signed before the first series promised a guaranteed payrise for the second. (I think it was $400k, but it may be a little less or more I can't remember the precise figure).
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only decent judge on the panel. Still, I don't think whether she stays or goes will make that much difference to the show. It wouldn't be that bad if she left and they had a complete overhaul.
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    She's bound to suggest she won't be coming back. That way the golden girl can name her price.

She'll be putting in for more money, more wardrobe, and a guest singer spot on next year's XF USA to promote any single she has.

Simon paid 30 times as much for Britney, and look what a disaster she's been, so he'll have to open his cheque book wide for a successful judge.

Satisfying to know the master manipulator can be manipulated back, isn't it. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Nice of Simon to waste more tax payers money on keeping someone as a "Judge" for a PRETEND TALENT SHOW. You absolute chump.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C14E wrote: »

this. however, i think she was the best thing about the last series by far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    She's bound to suggest she won't be coming back. That way the golden girl can name her price.

She'll be putting in for more money, more wardrobe, and a guest singer spot on next year's XF USA to promote any single she has.

Simon paid 30 times as much for Britney, and look what a disaster she's been, so he'll have to open his cheque book wide for a successful judge.

Satisfying to know the master manipulator can be manipulated back, isn't it. :)

If Britney has taught anyone anything it's that paying a lot of money for a judge won't guarantee anything. This is the one year where I think it would be foolish for any of the 4 judges to make a play for bigger money because there has to be a real chance that they all lose their jobs as part of a complete overhaul for next year. While I think Nicole has a good chance of being asked back, I don't think it's set in stone by any means.
    Kabradoon wrote: »
    Nice of Simon to waste more tax payers money on keeping someone as a "Judge" for a PRETEND TALENT SHOW. You absolute chump.

The word "chump" does spring to mind reading this post. ;)
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member

Err what? Unless I'm missing something most of the money ITV makes is from advertising which pays all of their staff, including judges on The X Factor. I think you're confusing it with the BBC ;)
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    It's waaaaaay too early for any of this. I'd be surprised if there have even been discussions with any of the judges or Dermot about next year.
  • TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole, having "won", should run for the hills at this stage.

For mentor or singer, winning the X-Factor is like winning the Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    It's waaaaaay too early for any of this. I'd be surprised if there have even been discussions with any of the judges or Dermot about next year.

maybe they are just sending "feelers" to the girl... to see if she'll bite this early...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    Err what? Unless I'm missing something most of the money ITV makes is from advertising which pays all of their staff, including judges on The X Factor. I think you're confusing it with the BBC ;)

i was wondering as well...
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nicole has by far been this years most popular judge, and in terms of star names she is about as big as they're going to get. Noone with a thriving career is going to come anywhere near the show. I'm also expecting them to secure her first to avoid losing her at the prospect of Cheryl returning and falling into another Kelly/Dannii situation, and then Cheryl can be given a 'take it or leave it' offer. I expect much of the thought behind Simon wanting Cheryl back is to have Cheryl & Nicole on the same panel.

This year it was all left until the last minute and it all just became an unprofessional mess which was a PR disaster for the show. I'd put that partly down to the huge fall in ratings, there was a lot of negativity surrounding it before it even started.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    She shouldn't return. Leave on a high with some :o dignity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    xeo wrote: »

You think we DON'T pay for ITV do you?

What a maggot this guy. :)
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    Nicole has by far been this years most popular judge, and in terms of star names she is about as big as they're going to get. Noone with a thriving career is going to come anywhere near the show. I'm also expecting them to secure her first to avoid losing her at the prospect of Cheryl returning and falling into another Kelly/Dannii situation, and then Cheryl can be given a 'take it or leave it' offer. I expect much of the thought behind Simon wanting Cheryl back is to have Cheryl & Nicole on the same panel.

This year it was all left until the last minute and it all just became an unprofessional mess which was a PR disaster for the show. I'd put that partly down to the huge fall in ratings, there was a lot of negativity surrounding it before it even started.

cheryl`s spokesperson has rubbished the most recent reports that she is set to return to the show. also, she is suing the us version of the show, so its looks unlikely that is going to happen.
  • Chippy ChipsChippy Chips Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind seeing her remain on the panel for next year, but it also wouldn't bother me if she was replaced.

I'd quite like to see all four judges replaced actually, although this is probably very unlikely to happen. I love the show but it could definitely do with some drastic changes to freshen things up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »

She has been popular... in a series which has been dismally unpopular. There's an argument for taking nothing forward from this year. While I'd agree she was the best of the four, I don't see that she'd be a particular loss. These shows launched without "stars" and recent history suggests that these supposed stars aren't delivering audiences on either side of the Atlantic.

They definitely need to be more organised next year. But something clearly went wrong along the road with this years show. With no big changes and big losses towards the end of last years series it was inevitable that the premiere would be lower. But it should have levelled out as the series progressed and it didn't at all, in fact the situation got an awful lot worse. By the middle of the live shows they were down 25% on the year before which in turn was down 20% on the year before.

I'm not saying Nicole is solely responsible (or even slightly) for the decline. But she sure didn't help. And she's not essential in any way shape or form so she could well go.
  • TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has been popular... in a series which has been dismally unpopular. There's an argument for taking nothing forward from this year. While I'd agree she was the best of the four, I don't see that she'd be a particular loss. These shows launched without "stars" and recent history suggests that these supposed stars aren't delivering audiences on either side of the Atlantic.

They definitely need to be more organised next year. But something clearly went wrong along the road with this years show. With no big changes and big losses towards the end of last years series it was inevitable that the premiere would be lower. But it should have levelled out as the series progressed and it didn't at all, in fact the situation got an awful lot worse. By the middle of the live shows they were down 25% on the year before which in turn was down 20% on the year before.

I'm not saying Nicole is solely responsible (or even slightly) for the decline. But she sure didn't help. And she's not essential in any way shape or form so she could well go.

All very well put.

A lot of the cause of the decline is that the judges offer nothing in terms of substantial criticism or praise; just sound bites. "That was great, well done, you're gonna be in the final, you went out there and you gave it your all"...Zzzzz. We learn nothing about actual singing and choreography, so there is no real incentive to keep watching.

It has also fallen between two stools. It wants to be achingly hip (throwing a few dubstep riffs onto the backing tracks for James Arthur, Tulisa on the panel) but it will never have credibility among that audience. If someone like Annie Mac was asked to be a judge, who would be really credible, she'd probably say no.

The attempt at the new direction alienates the traditional MOR Chris Maloney audience, not to mention the bullying.

The X-Factor is left then with only One Direction/Union J tweenie followers and precious little else.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love it if she came back, but I'd also love it if she said "Thanks, but no thanks!" and went out on a high. Can't get any better than having two acts in the final two. Add to that having Josh as runner-up on the USA version last season, and she's had three of the final four acts in the two seasons she has judged the show.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I'd love it if she came back, but I'd also love it if she said "Thanks, but no thanks!" and went out on a high. Can't get any better than having two acts in the final two. Add to that having Josh as runner-up on the USA version last season, and she's had three of the final four acts in the two seasons she has judged the show.

3 acts in the final 3? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That`s the BBC Sweetie