Options

Liz Earle cleanse and polish

pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has any tried this, and what do you think of it, is it as good as I have heard it is on QVC?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use it, I really like it. It isn't cheap but it lasts for ages. It's really effective at shifting eye make-up as well as being a good skin cleanser - it's thorough without being drying iykwim? Why not buy a small size - along with a muslin cloth - and see how you get on?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QVC offer a 30 day money back, even if you've used it all (which you won't in 30 days!)
    I love it, but different things work for different people!
    If you get it from them but change your mind, all you lose it the postage cost
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    I remember using this when C&P first launched on QVC; it was a far superior product then to what it is now. They've removed key ingredients, which is unfortunate. I personally wouldn't use it now....but as Jane has said you can always try it on QVC and return if you don't like it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It made my face super oily, I had to give up using it
  • Options
    pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grotbags1 wrote: »
    It made my face super oily, I had to give up using it

well I might give it a miss then because my skin is already quite oily. :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spanner in the works my skin is also oily and its fine with mine haha
    I think I'm still using the stuff from before they changed it though...massive stockpile when it was on offer... haha
  • Options
    LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the Liz Earle cleanse and polish, I use quite a lot of her products and have done for many years.

But, after reading some of the reviews for this...http://www.superdrug.com/face/superdrug-vitamin-e-hot-cloth-cleanser-200ml/invt/239161/&bklist=#youmayalsolike I decided to give it a try. Although it doesn't remove eye make up, as a cleanser it's fab and a fraction of the price of cleanse and polish! (£4.99/£5.99 as opposed to £24!) So I use the Superdrug one in the mornings and Liz earle at night! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sixtynine wrote: »
    I love the Liz Earle cleanse and polish, I use quite a lot of her products and have done for many years.

But, after reading some of the reviews for this...http://www.superdrug.com/face/superdrug-vitamin-e-hot-cloth-cleanser-200ml/invt/239161/&bklist=#youmayalsolike I decided to give it a try. Although it doesn't remove eye make up, as a cleanser it's fab and a fraction of the price of cleanse and polish! (£4.99/£5.99 as opposed to £24!) So I use the Superdrug one in the mornings and Liz earle at night! :D

Wow the reviews are great.

Thanks for posting. My hairdresser recommended C&P on Saturday but because of the price differnce, i'm going to give the Superdrug one a g first.
  • Options
    labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never got on with cleanse and polish, it was only recently and I didn't know they had changed the ingredients. It made me break out in spots on my cheeks quite badly and I'm still trying to get rid of them now!

I have been using the Emma Hardie cleansing balm for a couple of days now and I am really liking it, it removes make up very well. Its pricey though, so I'm hoping it lasts a while.
  • Options
    LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow the reviews are great.

Thanks for posting. My hairdresser recommended C&P on Saturday but because of the price differnce, i'm going to give the Superdrug one a g first.

You're welcome, hope you like it! :)
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried the LE range when it was first launched on the Q, and did not like it for my sensitive skin at all. I would suggest, as an alternative, Emma Hardie Moringa balm also available on the Q. It is a multi purpose formula which can also be used on the lips, the hair, problems with the skin or anything else. I know a lot of people use LE and like it. Different people's skin likes different products. Mine is used to Judith Williams and Emma Hardie. Prior to using these two ranges, I was an elemis user. The moringa balm lasts for absolutely ages so, although it may seem expensive (the 200ml is £44.64), it is quite economically priced. Brilliant. I wouldn't be without it. And if your skin doesn't like it, you can return it for a full refund. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    I tried the LE range when it was first launched on the Q, and did not like it for my sensitive skin at all. I would suggest, as an alternative, Emma Hardie Moringa balm also available on the Q. It is a multi purpose formula which can also be used on the lips, the hair, problems with the skin or anything else. I know a lot of people use LE and like it. Different people's skin likes different products. Mine is used to Judith Williams and Emma Hardie. Prior to using these two ranges, I was an elemis user. The moringa balm lasts for absolutely ages so, although it may seem expensive (the 200ml is £44.64), it is quite economically priced. Brilliant. I wouldn't be without it. And if your skin doesn't like it, you can return it for a full refund. Hope this helps.

This is on offer at Feel Unique at £27.00. I have never heard of it, but it sounds good stuff!

http://www.feelunique.com/p/Emma-Hardie-Amazing-Face-Natural-Lift-and-Sculpt-Moringa-Cleansing-Balm-100ml?gclid=CLPh_O3so7QCFUpb3godIy0ALw

I use DHC Deelp Cleansing oil.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    I like Emma Hardie's moringa balm it's an excellent cleanser, but I don't like the packaging. I don't even remember dropping the thing and it's got a great big crack on the lid, and you can see some of the oil that is trapped on the inside....
  • Options
    strawberry66strawberry66 Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz Earle was taken over by Avon a little while back, this might explain the different formulation of the cleanse and polish.:)

The fact that Liz Earle is part of Avon makes me feel that they are very expensive products compared with Avons usual fayre and I expect the quality will have gone down.

A bit like the fact Cadburys chocolate has gone down the pan since being taken over by Kraft
  • Options
    NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using Liz Earle at the moment, i quite like it apart from the fact it's got Parabens in it, i thought i was buying into some that was made up of natural ingredients, someone did ask about this and was told it was made from fruit Parabens i'm not sure if theirs good or bad Parabens so i think i will be looking for something else once i've finished with it...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nickelback wrote: »
    I'm using Liz Earle at the moment, i quite like it apart from the fact it's got Parabens in it, i thought i was buying into some that was made up of natural ingredients, someone did ask about this and was told it was made from fruit Parabens i'm not sure if theirs good or bad Parabens so i think i will be looking for something else once i've finished with it...

That was another reason I stopped using it, in addition to a super oil face, i got more spots as a result of the parabens. It's defo not as natural as they make it out to be.
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is on offer at Feel Unique at £27.00. I have never heard of it, but it sounds good stuff!

http://www.feelunique.com/p/Emma-Hardie-Amazing-Face-Natural-Lift-and-Sculpt-Moringa-Cleansing-Balm-100ml?gclid=CLPh_O3so7QCFUpb3godIy0ALw

That's for the 100ml.
  • Options
    labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I used the DHC oil and I thought it was really good. I now use the Emma Hardie balm and I don't think it's quite as good as removing make-up, but its still a lovely cleanser.
  • Options
    EmmasmytheEmmasmythe Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz Earleproducts are OK but overrated now and overpriced, and there are better products out there for the same price, or similar, Or a littke bit more, Elemis is a fantastic brand, I have tried many and never felt such stress relief from just putting a cream on, Decleor are not bad either

The high street designer ones Arden Lauder Clinique etc are pants for what you pay, plants are better than synthetic chemicals, Elemis delivers 100%