All 80's Radio Dublin

Hot HitsHot Hits Posts: 596
Forum Member
✭✭
Good station. Check it out. Excellent music.
Former Atlantic 252 presenters on there are Dusty Rhodes and Nails Mahoney.:)
http://www.all80s.ie

Comments

• vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,357
    Forum Member
    If I'm not mistaken, they're simulcasting on both DAB and DAB+ in Dublin.
  • ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed listening to this via the net, but the stream doesn't seem to have been working properly since well before Christmas.
  • Hot HitsHot Hits Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not got any problems with stream. Sounds great to me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried listening via the website, and via wmp, but on my computer it keeps buffering every few seconds when it used to work fine before.
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've been having problems listening to the stream from this station for a while ,shame as it has a decent playlist (and thier awesome 80s countdown show at the weekend is excellent )
  • radiohead319radiohead319 Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I enjoy Real 80's from Dublin. As well as all the well knowns stuff they bung in some quite rare (but still familiar) stuff. Lovely audio processing as well.

http://www.real-80s.com/

Apparently they were "testing" on 88.1 from Three Rock Mountain until they got a little too successful and voluntarily turned it off!
  • hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    non stop classic 80s tunes streaming live from a Commodore 64
    !!
    Not the same as the licenced All 80's which seems to play on WMP OK for me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darnall42 wrote: »
    i've been having problems listening to the stream from this station for a while ,shame as it has a decent playlist (and thier awesome 80s countdown show at the weekend is excellent )

Lol - it's weird that we're both from the same city and the only ones having problems with the streaming.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    ClareB wrote: »
    Lol - it's weird that we're both from the same city and the only ones having problems with the streaming.

Not heard them before (usually listen to Real '80s Dublin), but gave them a try using Tunein App on my Smartphone and it connected no problem.
    First track heard Alphaville 'Big in Japan.'
    Now 'Geno' Dexys - thanks for the tip:)
  • ErwinErwin Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like Absolute 80's. Only the overplayed 80's. Don't like it so far.
  • Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have listened to them via RadioSure but the stream keeps cutting out, I could listen via their web site but that's a pain that's why I have RadioSure it saves you having to use web sites.
  • William128William128 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet they spent all of one hour ripping at 320kbps,, the entire Now 80s compilations - to make their playlist? lol
  • richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,892
    Forum Member
    They should follow the Real 80's station and add all those Nova classics that don't get played by normal stations. They are IRISH, after all!