Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely bloomin brilliant!!!

xx
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic! Yaser was brilliant :) nice to see someone win a good amount...for once :D
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    just catching up with this on plus 1 channel, Yaser was brilliant and they both deserved to win the money
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Stunning! Loved every minute of that, they were amazing-Yaser in particular was amazing :)
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched on 4OD. Such fantastic contestants! :D

As a bird lover that final question would've been ideal for me. I'd have got 5 really quickly.
  • Options
    Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davina always refers to the possibility of winning £ 50,000. Actually that's impossible as the hourglass starts emtying immediately the final game starts, so even the quickest of contestants will lose a few hundred. I think today's prize will take a lot of beating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesnt it start to tip? maybe 10 seconds till it turns upside down and starts to drain :confused:

If you were really fast you might just make it.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Celeb bump...
  • Options
    KatanaBladeKatanaBlade Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davina always refers to the possibility of winning £ 50,000. Actually that's impossible as the hourglass starts emtying immediately the final game starts, so even the quickest of contestants will lose a few hundred. I think today's prize will take a lot of beating.

I thought that but yes, it's starts to turn and doesn't drain instantly.

Keith was RUBBISH :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good grief, Keith Duffy was USELESS! How the hell did he not get Yoda or know that Nice was in France?!

Absolutely shocking general knowledge and I knew he wouldn't get far in Wordsmith.

Oh and up next is Heston? Urgh... :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keith Duffy blerdy useless, spent too much time playing to the audience, I felt so sorry for his son :(
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KEITH was never a bright spark, thick as a footballer...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I LOVE this programme. I even prefer it to The Chase now, but I end up watching The Chase and recording FMTAF to watch later.

I'ts the only programme that makes me scream out loud at the telleh:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I might have completely misunderstood the rules but if you don't use up all of the 5 minutes from the five games, do you get whatever is left over to use in your final game as well?
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might have completely misunderstood the rules but if you don't use up all of the 5 minutes from the five games, do you get whatever is left over to use in your final game as well?

It's a good question
    Davina never suggests it though so I would guess that you have to split the 5 minutes over the first 5 games.

If I was playing I would probably only want 30 seconds for the globetrotting game and next-letter-in-the-alphabet one in order to save 1 minute 30 for the film and book ones that I would really struggle at.

Also, is it just me who has only just realised that Davina is saying 'Stop the drain!' not 'Stop the game!' when the hourglass has turned :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched Tuesday's episode with the two boys. I'm watching yesterday's episode with the two girls. It is awful to watch. The lack of even a modicum of intelligence and common sense is quite simply astounding.
    I know you have to account for nervousness in a studio environment, but some of those world monuments, etc, are so recognisable, how could anybody not know most of these?

Perhaps I'm just slightly bitter because my friend and I applied for this when it was just an unnamed series beginning in production; we didn't get an audition. I'm convinced if we had and ended up on the show, we could have won something substantial (compared to most of the people they've had on so far!).

Just watched last Friday's episode with Yaser and Matt. This is more like it. Brilliant effort from both players. Very well done to them. It could not have happened to a more deserving pair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He knew his sport...

I couldn't even read them in time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm... a maths round.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I done not too badly there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well timed Emergency Stop there.

Oh, a break. Off to Pointless then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be useless at this spelling one..:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do the people who aren't answering the questions know the answer, they always seem to be mouthing the correct one!
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    what a stupid bint, my god
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    She cleary doesn't know her films