It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 12)

Comments

• VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »
    “We want to get back to the essence of what made it must-see telly.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4901808/Rylans-BBig-TV-BBreak.html#ixzz2RS88S7rA

the only way this show will be must see tv is by being able to watch it..........livefeed

Bosses also want Big Brother’s main show to be more of a “social experiment” and have fewer wannabes in the house.

If this is to be believed then its a massive turn around from the spin they were giving us last year that BB has moved on from the early days etc .... but as with everything on C5,seeing is believing

BB's often said in the past that it was going to have fewer wannabes. I think I first noticed them saying it about bb3.

The various stories and rumours are also looking a bit inconsistent. How does fewer wannabes, and BOTS going up-market (an earlier claim in the press), fit with Rylan being picked to front BOTS? And the only rumoured older HM so far is a 63 year old glamour model. Will the older HMs just be the same types so many are already sick of, but older?
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,789
    Forum Member
    They really should bring it back.

Does anyone else miss the times that the word would go around that it's "ALL KICKING OFF ON THE LIVE FEED!!!!" and we'd all flock to the live feeds like little nerds :D They were the days :(
  • livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »

Does anyone else miss the times that the word would go around that it's "ALL KICKING OFF ON THE LIVE FEED!!!!" and we'd all flock to the live feeds like little nerds :D They were the days :(

i don't think it's gonna happen on channel 5
    but for arguments sake if it did
    i'd be sucked right back in [i've only seen a few 'bits n bobs' since bb10 ,namely splodges of the sporadic live feed shows ]
  • happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »

im right with you there
    maybe the 'changes' C5 are doing will recreate some of the good old days again
    although to do this we will need more than the odd hour of live feed.......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still nothing about more coverage?
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    moonburn wrote: »
    Cant see any change. C5 seem happy with the numbers.Playing it safe seems to be the order of the day with them.

This year is going so fast will be in the new series of BB before we know it

I have it on good authority that it's going at the same speed as always, but don't quote me on that.

:D
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    If this new guy at C5 wont realise the potential 5* has it really is a missed opportunity.
    Sad For Brian but as dramatic change has already happened they have perfect chance to take that change to how the show is viewed.

Nothing against the geezer, per se, but he was absolutely *&^%*&^ dire.
    Forum Member
    Still nothing about more coverage?

I dont think we will be closing this thread any time soon
    at a guess we may get the live feed info about a week before
    launch.
  • sammyvansammyvan Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having watched the first BBCanada, which finishes Thursday this week, the live feed has made the show. Also, the "After Dark", screened every night for a couple of hours, allowed us to 'know' the House Guests far more than we would have from a 1 hour nightly Edit. If CH5 followed some of the Canadian format - including some of the competitions which have been excellent, I would think viewers would return to BB. Being able to watch on the internet is a grand idea and most would not mind paying for it. We did before.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should do a on-line 24/7 live feed, Everyone or most on this thread will pay for it :)
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,789
    Forum Member
    sammyvan wrote: »
    Having watched the first BBCanada, which finishes Thursday this week, the live feed has made the show. Also, the "After Dark", screened every night for a couple of hours, allowed us to 'know' the House Guests far more than we would have from a 1 hour nightly Edit. If CH5 followed some of the Canadian format - including some of the competitions which have been excellent, I would think viewers would return to BB. Being able to watch on the internet is a grand idea and most would not mind paying for it. We did before.
    Surprised you've been so impressed with BB Canada, the US one is far superior and has waay more coverage and hype which creates buzz. I think you should give it a go this summer
    Forum Member
    with rumours of a launch date of 24th May and Marcus confirming he is doing a promo today,
    its about time the live feed was announced too....... ever hopeful

maybe the Daily Star will inform us......
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    with rumours of a launch date of 24th May and Marcus confirming he is doing a promo today,
    its about time the live feed was announced too....... ever hopeful

maybe the Daily Star will inform us......

They just dont get it do they , its truly unbelievable. If they announced a 24/7 feed at 5-00 pm today, this forum would explode into life by ten past .
    Forum Member
    acker wrote: »
    They just dont get it do they , its truly unbelievable. If they announced a 24/7 feed at 5-00 pm today, this forum would explode into life by ten past .

very true,
    until there is an announcement for a significant amount of daily live feed,i wont be watching this year.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    acker wrote: »

Why should they care that this forum explodes into life?
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    Why should they care that this forum explodes into life?

a suggestion that has been floated on this forum before is that maybe a massive increase in traffic on this website will have a knock on effect and increase the ratings significantly
    i don't buy into that idea though
    Forum Member
    Latest #Pop ‏@LatestPop 49m
    We hear they'll be more live feed action from Big Brother this year - read our exclusive BB interview tomorrow. #BBUK

Dont know about others but even with all the changes to BB,if the increase in live feed
    is only an hour a day,it will be a waste of time

Small steps in the right direction i agree but is it too little too late now
    will the lost fans/viewers be willing to return,
    its all down to C5 now
    Forum Member
    Latest #Pop ‏@LatestPop 49m
    We hear they'll be more live feed action from Big Brother this year - read our exclusive BB interview tomorrow. #BBUK

Dont know about others but even with all the changes to BB,if the increase in live feed
    is only an hour a day,it will be a waste of time

Small steps in the right direction i agree but is it too little too late now
    will the lost fans/viewers be willing to return,
    its all down to C5 now
    speculating i know ,but -

if for example channel 5 were to put an hour or so a day of streaming on 5*
    it would be an attempt to bump the profile/ratings of 5*
    nothing to do with improving big brother

where are channel 5 going to find the extra viewers to make the 'normal' big brother into a success ?

channel 5 will have enough trouble hanging onto the viewers that still watch it on a regular basis
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it coming back this summer ?
    Cheers
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Topol wrote: »
    Is it coming back this summer ?
    Cheers
    not sure yet there's hope there will be more coverage