Dancing on Ice tour 2014

bewestbewest Posts: 887
Forum Member
✭✭
Just been listening to my local radio and an interview with Ray Quinn. He confirmed a Champion of Champions tour in 2014 in which he will be taking part, to mark 30 years since Torville and Deans Olympic Gold. Guess it will be all winners if they are free or maybe a couple of runners up. Looking forward to it already!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the news! :)
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bewest wrote: »
    Just been listening to my local radio and an interview with Ray Quinn. He confirmed a Champion of Champions tour in 2014 in which he will be taking part, to mark 30 years since Torville and Deans Olympic Gold. Guess it will be all winners if they are free or maybe a couple of runners up. Looking forward to it already!

Interesting. I wonder if this means that there will also be an All Stars/Champions series next year?

If they are signing people up already then hopefully they should be able to get most of the winners. I'd be happy if some of the better runners up like Chris, Clare, Laura or Jorgie were involved as well.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How exciting is this - I'm looking forward to seeing Ray on the ice again :D

I hope they don't shove him out first again :cool:

Also that he'll be able to skate with Maria ;)

Hayley will no doubt want Dan again - they should give him to Beth really. ;)

Sam might have Vicky :confused:

They might include a few runners up - I'd be surprised if Chris isn't there :eek:

Plus of course we'll have next years winner thrown into the mix :D
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how's that going to work or is it going to be the Dan Whiston show!! Seems a bit silly as the likes of Gaynor doesn't really stand a chance as in the first series they weren't pushed much compared to stuff they do now.
    Hayley will probably throw a tantrum if she doesn't get her "best friend"
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    So how's that going to work or is it going to be the Dan Whiston show!! Seems a bit silly as the likes of Gaynor doesn't really stand a chance as in the first series they weren't pushed much compared to stuff they do now.
    Hayley will probably throw a tantrum if she doesn't get her "best friend"

I never thought Dan might skate with them both :eek:

Other people have had to swap partners over the years - why should Hayley get special treatment :confused:
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I have mixed feelings about this... whilst I like the idea of seeing Ray, Hayley, Matthew and co skating again, overall I think I'd prefer to see "new" celebrities instead, with maybe 1 or 2 from past series joining them on the ice.

As for the earlier comments about Dan, maybe they could clone him!!! :eek: ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I'm so happy about this. I hate sitting thru the boring ones on tour that really can't skate! They should only have decent skaters but I can see why they do it tho. However, was dave vitty really a big crowd pleaser?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    this could also be a sign that this is the swansong year for the show as well, a fitting way to go out I suppose
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    28 – 30 March
    Manchester: Manchester Arena

1 – 3 April
    London: Wembley Arena

4 – 6 April
    Newcastle: Metro Radio Arena

8 – 10 April
    Nottingham: Capital FM Arena

11 – 13 April
    Glasgow: Hydro Arena

15 – 17 April
    Sheffield: Motorpoint Arena

18 - 21 April
    Birmingham: NIA Arena

24 – 27 April
    Leeds: First Direct Arena

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2328250/Dancing-On-Ice-axed-Torvill-Dean-announce-2014-series-last.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    It's not showing on the NIA website yet, I wonder when tickets will go on sale.
    Forum Member
    Lukey37 wrote: »
    28 – 30 March
    Manchester: Manchester Arena

1 – 3 April
    London: Wembley Arena

4 – 6 April
    Newcastle: Metro Radio Arena

8 – 10 April
    Nottingham: Capital FM Arena

11 – 13 April
    Glasgow: Hydro Arena

15 – 17 April
    Sheffield: Motorpoint Arena

18 - 21 April
    Birmingham: NIA Arena

24 – 27 April
    Leeds: First Direct Arena

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2328250/Dancing-On-Ice-axed-Torvill-Dean-announce-2014-series-last.html

Thanks for sharing, where did you get these tour dates? The venues don't seem to be advertising it yet and the DOI Tour website is playing up!
    Forum Member
    The DOI website still says register you details and you will be emailed news, like it has done from the start. Nothing new.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the venues hasn't even been built yet!
    Forum Member

:eek:
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member

I think you'll find it has. :D It's due to open in a month or two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Assume this is the Leeds Arena - and yes a bit of a difference between not being built & not being open.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The venue I'm talking about is not fully built yet and doesn't open until later this year IF its completed on time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    Assume this is the Leeds Arena - and yes a bit of a difference between not being built & not being open.

I never mentioned Leeds?
    Forum Member
    I never mentioned Leeds?

Glasgow presumably?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never mentioned Leeds?

OK if it's Glasgow you were talking about - that's due to open in September & they've already booked acts like Rod Stewart for then. I doubt they would have done this if there were any concerns about it not being completed on time. And this is 6 Months before the DOI tour - think you are worrying unnecessarily.
    Forum Member
    Ticket pre-sale today if anyone's interested.
    Forum Member
    Ticket pre-sale today if anyone's interested.

Yay, got mine for Birmingham. :)
    Forum Member
    Got my tickets as well, it was surprisingly easy! :) Good luck to anyone else who's trying to get them either today or tomorrow when the general sale starts.
    Forum Member
    I bought tickets earlier today, somehow managed to get from Row X, to Row L, to Row F, to Row A! Patience is a virtue, eh.
    Forum Member
    The Daily Mail is wrong about Birmingham btw, there's only one performance.